Been practicing, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BernUnit81, Feb 19, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Understand, butt that window doesn't help, it gives the impression that the building is only a little wider than that window frame
  2. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    thank you kind sir. I appreciate the compliment. I have a lot to learn and try to get better each time, whether it is drawing pages for a book I hope to self publish soon or taking on tasks like this where I push myself to do things I am not normally comfortable with in drawings. Style is an ever evolving thing, but making conscious efforts to put pencil to paper with a purpose is what is most important I am finding. Thanks again.
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

As someone said "Half the task is completed just by starting" (or maybe it was "No matter how long something will take, just by starting you are halfway finished")
    • Like x 1
  4. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

• So, after what seems like forever mixed with a few let downs, I got the chance to display my art as a featured local artist at an area coffee shop. This is the first time I have actually displayed anything publicly (outside the internet). I want to say thank you to the staff at the coffee shop. If anyone is every in the Mystic, CT area between now and the end of june feel free to stop by "TheVault Coffee Roasters", grab a drink and snack, I had the asiago Bagel with bacon and garlic cream cheese this morning. If you are in the area feel free to stop down and take a look. I am sure there is more to say but my nervousness and excitement is interfering with my abilities to use and find words. I want to say thank you to all of you here who have thrown the kind words and likes my way for the creative endeavors I have undertaken in the last few years. I am but one of many around here to do so. I hope I have returned the kindness you have shown me. Here are some pics of the display.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    "First we drink our coffee, then we fight the monsters"
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    "You made me spill my coffee. There is an old saying that everything happens for a reason. So, when I beat the snot out of you all, know that there is a reason."
    [IMG]
    "I don't have a problem with coffee....I have a problem without it."
    [IMG]
    "Sometimes you gotta drink some coffee, put on some rock and roll and handle your business."
    [IMG]
    "If you are looking for something to be perky around here, but a coffee maker."
    [IMG]
    "Do not tell me that magic isn't real. Every morning drink a potion made from magic beans that brings me back to life."
    • Like x 3
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Finally, recognition... that the bean has been sorely lacking :p
    • Like x 2
  6. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thank you friend, very much.
  7. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Not gonna lie. That's pretty cool.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thank you very much my friend. If I get even one e-mail or message from somome who sees it, I will call it a success.
    • Like x 1
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Totally awesome.
    • Like x 3
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I have to say Bern, congrats on your art pieces. You deserve it. And yes, though you had some letdowns, you finally were given the chance to display your works. A thumbs up to you good sir.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thank you very much Ms. Benz, very much appreciated. It's been a bit of a ride trying to 1) feel comfortable enough displaying things of mine and 2) finding a place that will give me the space. The people at the shop are really cool [not just saying that because they let me display there], there just are. And now, it is on to continuing the drawing of the pages for my book. Still looking for a digital colorist.....if anyone knows someone who is willing/able to give it a go, send them my way.
    • Like x 3
  12. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Hello All. Just wanted to share some updates on my journey through comic creation world. Here are the pencils I did for page 24, layouts for 25 are done. I am going to ending this on page 30 [with a set ending in mind]. I have layouts for the front and back cover set to go. Also, there is the initial colors for page one [done my a guy named Max. Goes by FlatMax on Deviant Art]. Feeling good about how this is turning out. I hope you are all doing well.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Colouring looks great
    • Like x 2
  14. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Yeah, he did a really great job. It's been A great experience doing this and I am looking forward to getting it completed and out for consumption. If things go according to plan i am hoping to have it out for consumption by the end of summer.
  15. XEMD Well-Known Player

Amazing drawings :)
    • Like x 2
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

very nice fate
    • Like x 2
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Looks good. The coloring brings the drawings to life. Can't wait to see the rest of the finished comic
    • Like x 2
  18. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thank you very much. Greatly appreciate the kind words.
    • Like x 1
  19. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Hmm I just saw this....I like it
    • Like x 1
  20. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thanks a lot Ms. Benz. Very much appreicated. Yea, the coloring is nicely done and I am looking forward to seeing the finished pieces and the other pages I sent him. I have my layout for page 26 and am working on that today. Gonna finish on page 30 and then do the covers [Front and back - which I have layouts for]. This whole process has been really enjoyable and motivating. I was looking at alot of my old drawings from sketch books I have and feel accomplished about the progress I have made in some stuff.