Been practicing, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BernUnit81, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Yeah, I get that. Probably could have done some other things to make it more Nostril-ee. Thanks for the like and comment friend.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

NO!! Don't change it, it looks good
    • Like x 1
  3. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Much appreciated friend. Thanks a lot. By the by, any chance I could hear your thoughts on some of the Syd reads?
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Didn't comment as the others already covered everything :D
    • Like x 1
  5. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

So here are some pencils I did in the last few days. The one of Bern is for the display I am doing in a couple of weeks. The coffee house he is sitting outside is where I did most of the drawings in the last year or so and where the display will be held. There are drawings I haven't posted lately but will when I take pictures of the display.
    [IMG]

The one of Syd is of a Brewery where my wife and I like to end our week together as of recently and where a good friend of her's works on the weekend. The listings of beers in the back are nods to jokes we have all made or been part of over time. I am hoping to give it to the place and have them hang it. Both drawing will be tightened up with ruled lines and such were needed [these are just the roughs]. Inks and colors on all to follow on both.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looking forward to seeing the fully-rendered Beer-sonas (like a persona, but a beer :D)
    • Like x 1
  7. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

So here are the two finished drawings [Nothing spectacular] but these are the two I wanted to do for the local establishments. I think the Syd one came out better but that because I am not good with drawing small or exteriors that great.

Syd
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Bern
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sydney came out great, although (hate critiquing) next time, the gun straps on her thigh may need to be placed a little lower, specially the top inner thigh strap (that could not be comfortable positioned there :eek: )
    Nice to see Killroy still making an appearance :D

One bonus for someone like Berny? Never having you coffee go cold on you :D
    • Like x 1
  9. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I give you Drazeel version 2.0. I like this better than the last one I did. Still see where I could make some improvements.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You need to post the Drazeel MkI so those of us with short memories can see what changes you have made :D
    • Like x 1
  11. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

ask and ye shall receive. I still see where I can imrpove [a lot] but I like the way 2 came out and fees more like what I am going for with Draz

Drazeel - V.1
    [IMG]

Drazeel - V.2
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, can see the changes you have made while still retaining the overall original 'look', much along the improvements you have made to Berny (in fact, Draz almost looks like an evil counter-version to Berny himself, not sure if that was intentional or simply because that is your 'style')
    • Like x 1
  13. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Not intentional, just more 'style' things i guess. I see some details/elements from the first version that I want to put in back into the other version like the rings/cuffs around the shoulders and the markings on the robes patches.
  14. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Just some new sketches I started over the weekend. I am liking the way they are starting out. Lets hope I don't jack it up when I go to inks.

Bern
    [IMG]
    Syd
    [IMG]

Hodges
    [IMG]
    Ann - [ I don't know why, but I struggle to get Ann face right consistently]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Make copies, that way you have something on the unlikelihood of something going wrong

Ann is partial-shapeshifter, and her facial features are in a constant state of flux, that's why you have trouble with her :D
    • Like x 1
  16. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Hello all,

Just trying to get a handle on this whole social media stuff to get my work and stuff out there. I have since, after attending this years RI comiCon, signed up and created social media platforms for my self as a cartoonist.

If anyone of you can tell me how to navigate and manage this stuff please let me know. You can also find me on

Twitter
    DorkArtsComics
    Instagram
    DorkArtsComics
    Facebook
    DorkArtsComics (@DorkArtsComicsStudio)?

Any help, comments, likes, etc is appreciated, very.
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Hey all. Thought I might share what I have been working on for a little bit now. These are some earlier and new pages of the my little project. Still looking for a digital colorist, might hit up some people on later that I have been able to connect with. Some of the art is Eh, IMO but it is something I am feeling good about. I have such a hard time drawing smalls but I got a lot of pages to go so plenty of practice awaits.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

and because I had this one inked and needing color.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I am hoping to sit down this weekend and work on page 8. I have some stuff roughed out but need to sit down and finish the pencils and ink/line work. Anyone know any good digital colorists? and/or have any experience with Comic Life 3?
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Been away for awhile (forced one week vacation, then just never bothered until now), the comic pages looks good, one suggestion? A panel that shows a shot of the groin area of at least one of the thugs with a 'wet patch', probably between page 6 and 7 :D
    Is the girl offering Burn a cookie? Nice touch if it is :D

And remember: it's okay if you feel the art is only 'meh' in places, it usually is during the 'story board' stage, it's why a lot of artists draw in pencil first to get an idea of what they want to show, and 'tidy up' during inking and 'polish up' during colouring
    • Like x 1