Been practicing, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BernUnit81, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Been working on the whole drawing thing, some cartoony stuff, others a little more detailed. What do you think.

Maxx
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Venom
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Spawn
    [IMG]
    Ren and Stimpy
    [IMG]

Bernie
    [IMG]
    • Like x 24
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They look great, specially good to see how Bernie is supposed to look :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

It sure is better than what I can do :)
    • Like x 3
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Pretty good!!
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Nicely done, a writer and a artist, well done
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

<clapping>
    • Like x 2
  7. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]

Much appreciated friend. Still trying to find my style and process that works for me. Anatomy is not really my strong suite. If I take my time and concentrate I can put out a decent picture, my problem is consistency. Also, Don't think I have forgotten about your stories. I am going to be reading what you just posted and post my thoughts.

Also, thanks for the Allison Brie gif, she is so hot.
    • Like x 2
  8. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thanks Mont, much appreciated.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yay!! Such a talented man!
  10. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Did Spidey last night and Fate this morning.....thoughts? I think I am not so much a color guy and that I should stick to pencil and inks.....
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  11. Demondead Well-Known Player

wow an artist you should submit some too an art website(and no I'm not being sarcastic I truly mean it)
    • Like x 1
  12. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Much appreciated new friend. While I am working to draw better, I do prefer to write the stories as opposed to drawing them. I appreciate the comments on the art, would love to hear new thoughts on some of the stories in have posted recently. Thanks so much.
  13. Demondead Well-Known Player

in my opinion fanfiction.net is the most popular writing archive online
    • Like x 2
  14. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Some fun drawing exercises that aren't about anatomy... Try drawing only the shadows, and then try the inverse on a black sheet of paper draw only the lights using a white color pencil.

Here's a couple examples from the Internet:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Eh, I haven't really ventured out past the fun house when writing and posting stuff. Not sure why really. Been writing about and fleshing things out for Bernie for a while now. I guess I look at it as a constant work in progress developing the world and its characters. Would love it if you read a few and offered your thoughts.
  16. Demondead Well-Known Player

id love too read some of them if I knew where too look thanx for the offer
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Bernie bust V-1.5
    [IMG]
    Had an idea for a drawing of Syd. Not really versed in drawing the female form [I feel like there might be a Titanic gif coming somewhere.....]. I gave it a shot and this is what I ended up with.
    [IMG]
    Little too masculine for my liking but hey, it's practice.
    • Like x 5
  18. dngnb8 Devoted Player

That skit so rocked! I LMFHAO
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sydney looks great (well, Sydney herself possibly could do a little more work, but as you said, you need to practice the female form more, but the way the focus is on the gun and Sydney is slightly kinda 'blurred' is very well done, also specially her hand, hands seem to be a hassle for a lot of artists)
    • Like x 2
  20. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Update: Worked on Hellboy and a Samurai last night. What do you think?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6