Base Improvement Council

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by comrade sonya, Oct 25, 2015.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

I mentioned the SM items because the divider from fos SM id for sure buy. Same conditions as u. If it cost me more then a few dollars to decorate my base as I have a few well I will simply not do it. I know green lanter fans or more accurately lantern fans run rampant. The oa power cell item was another example I feel would fetch a few dollars. NOT $5 or $10 or north of it but if u get $2 from a third of lantern fans to log in its a nice chunck of change.

Honestly the core item missing is cheap items or deals. Ill never forget being told how nad sales dipped in a store when the rewards card we all hate went away. The mentality we are getting a deal opens wallets. Crazy but tried and true. Here is hoping they implament it soon cause santa needs to bring us a revenue stream not replays
    • Like x 2
  2. comrade sonya Committed Player

I think that flash pack was a missed opportunity.
    1. They didn't include any of the signs like clouds, fire, or ice
    2. They're still not infinitely redeemable (I don't care if there's 20 items!)

On a side-note I'm looking forward to that snow pile in the seasonal, we definitely always need more floor textures. And on another side-note has anyone noticed how new base items are different than the old ones? For example the ornate rugs can't clip with each other or they'll make that weird glitchy animation (cathedral windows/bombshell posters), but at the same time I noticed the round rugs can intersect with the walls. I'd like to see that applied to other items as well.
    • Like x 2
  3. L T Devoted Player

This bears repeating. I HAVE all the amenities... why can't I place them?????
    • Like x 3
  4. Msstat1c Committed Player

I know this thread is geared more towards physical items and aesthetics, but what about having a mini game kiosk in place of the sparring target? Allow me to explain. ....

If you have played Madden 16, you may be familiar with the "Gauntlet." It is a mini game tutorial that puts you through a series of situations where you must correctly complete each objective to move through the gauntlet. It seems like an awesome model to satisfy the lack of turtorial or guides for performing your role. At the beginning you could choose what role you will be sending through the gauntlet. You then would be faced with several situations that would be conducive to performing your role. Each situation would require the player to practice their skills to better understand how they work.

Example:
    Tank goes through the gauntlet. In the first scenario, the Player will be asked to pull aggro on incoming adds. Aggro and its importance will than shortly be explained. A tip like " use a pull or taunt power to achieve aggro on the adds," will be the final message. If the player is able to perform this objective for a set amount of time, they would move on the next, and the next. The gauntlet would get progressively harder as you show the ability to complete objectives. For the more skilled player, a hard mode could be an option to simply challenge yourself.

Again, sorry for jumping of track here, but I think a mini game to both teach and tighten up your skills is more serviceable than the sparring target.
  5. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Small issues. Put some books on the "bookcases." Put some pots hanging from the "pot hanging rack." Recent update added two large volumes to base items (Research Tome and Assassins Book?) These look great...but you can only put them on the floor. You can't sit IN a chair, you can only hover over the chair. That's because every item out there is essentially a box with different art in the box. If it's a computer box, make it so we can put another computer box on top of it. Like flowers on a table. Books or dishes or pots on a table or desk. You can merge items with other items (See Moira's Grecian Gardens for multiple examples) Some things should be stackable. Like "Scattered papers"...would be nice to "scatter" papers on a table or desk rather than just the floor. (And Bookcases! I like books. You have the art. Bookshelves in Met U, Bookshelves in Sentinals of Magic base. Bookshelves in T O Morrow's Gotham base. Bookshelves in Luthor's office in Brothers in Arms (Love that circular bookcase). Bookcases in Riddler's base. Not only a good looking and ordinarily common item in most homes and offices but usable as room dividers and lining walls. There are these things called Libraries. Would really like one in my base.)
    • Like x 1
  6. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Love the idea of being able to "flip" items. The trailing vines from New Genesis spring to mind; would like to be able to bracket the vined boulders or rocks with vines that don't only drop down from left to right. The Executive desk. Good piece of furniture but the inability to flip it from left handed side to right handed side means you are essentially limited in where you can put it or face it in certain lairs. Certain statues that would look nice paired up but with weapons/arms/pots(!) in opposite sides.
    Would also be nice if you could alter the size of some items. Kneeling Angel, Standing Angelic Statue, Hera, Hades, Ares...those things are HUGE. Would be nice if one could chose a small/medium/large size on them. (Like perhaps someone bought a replica miniature instead of ripping off something from the Louvre!) Whereas the Palace Armor and the Diving Suit look as though they were designed for children.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Glad I finally found this again. I sent a like when I first saw it but was not able to reply at the time and when I finally got back could not locate the thread. I love the ideas you have laid out and really hope the DEV team takes note and acts on them

Going to quickly expand on a few :)

1. Base Lighting- In addition to adding to current lighting to eliminate dark areas I'd like to see a way to control the brightness of lighting.. My main reason is a sewer lair I have set up as a permanent Chamber of Horrors. Looks great but would look even spookier if I could dim the lights.

2. Base Limitations- Totally agreed . It would also be an added bonus if items could be stacked... Example.. A small statue that could be placed on the top of a table creating a center piece .. things like that would add another touch to the décor and give those lair designers out there even more freedom to create cool looks for their homes.

6. Base Items- Love your ideas .. Room sized rugs would give a lair a much better over all look. One add on and I have posted on this topic before. I also decorate a League Hall and do enjoy the larger items now available to fill up space . now comes the HOWEVER .. we asked for this a year ago during the Winter event and here it is a year later and once again a HUGE decorated tree is part of the requirements to complete the Winter Event 2015 Furniture Feat. Like I said I have no issue with making one and providing it for sale but there are very few places that thing fits in a normal lair .. its designed for HALL use so get it out of the feat requirements.. I Promise I'll still wind up buying one. LOL

10. Base Themes- I think we need some updated themes. I've suggested this before .. A lair based on the facility we are in during the Spark of OA duo would be amazing... and along those lines ANY lair with more windows and an actual outside view. Not everyone wants to sit is a cold dark cave and wait for the butler to serve tea.. Sorry Bats but I like the sunshine
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

We need 45 and 90 Degree snapping. My God it's so awful trying to do anything that requires precise angles
    • Like x 4
  9. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

Welcome to the forums.
  10. comrade sonya Committed Player

I agree, it always bugs me when people have nice bases but their items are slightly crooked :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

AKA Mine :(

Another thing I've been thinking about is complete removal of all ground based garbage from the laid themes. The best example I can offer of what I'm talking about are the ugly, disgusting, vile black grates in the Penthouse theme. Why oh why?

Remove them and remove anything that isn't just a solid, flat, consistent surface.

If this isn't possible to do, then offer full blown carpet coverings, bigger than the Grass/Snow Patches we've seen in recent months. Make them have a very small collision mesh so that they can penetrate through walls/steps etc. and act as a brand new carpet. Perhaps even allow the same for wall coverings.

Also, whilst removing trash from the ground, PLEASE remove some of those unnecessary columns. Again, in the penthouse theme, you can't even place most base items on them. They're just garbage and limiting the maximum potential.
    • Like x 2
  12. comrade sonya Committed Player

It's like you're reading my mind :p

I never understood why they thought those grates would look appealing in penthouse theme, plus there are way too many pillars.
    • Like x 1
  13. comrade sonya Committed Player

Anyone else excited for crossplay in regards to bases? With a bigger population we should expect more base item listings which means decorating will be much easier.
  14. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Yeah, but poor PC is going to get a huge sticker shock.
    • Like x 1
  15. comrade sonya Committed Player

• Like x 2
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...lable-in-all-tiers.270592/page-4#post-3641085

I asked about base items as a guaranteed 4th option in the loot selection screen in the testing thread. Don't know if it'll be possible or allowed, but I think you'd be a fan of the feature if introduced :D
    • Like x 1
  17. comrade sonya Committed Player

• Like x 2
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

In my experiences so far of running mostly Solo missions, I've seen a lot more base items. But the argument, which I make in that post, is that now, with this system applied to the entire game, base items are no longer a "Yes/No" selection, but rather part of a much larger loot table which contains every plan, Focusing Elements, Mods etc. It's going to be a nightmare.

So hopefully they will consider making base items a guaranteed 4th selection for all content.
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

Well Cross-play is here and I'm not really that shocked...
  20. coco Committed Player

Think it's time to bring this thread back to light... Love the new items for this spring seasonal but for next year why not enchanted items that move like an enchanted tree, or bunnies that hop around and make noises. I know it can be done because the mischievous briefing proved that ( which was a great addition btw!) . Also for the upcoming summer seasonal please add sand! I make a beach every year but the wooden floormat is not sand, pretty close in color but not actual sand. Have a great day everyone!
    • Like x 1