Base Improvement Council

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by comrade sonya, Oct 25, 2015.

1. comrade sonya Committed Player

How would you guys feel about seasonal base item packs going on the marketplace during the duration of the seasonal. It could work in different ways

1. Only the new items made that year are put in the marketplace for the duration of the seasonal. Each pack would consist of the base items created for each year so Base Pack 1 would contain only the new seasonal items for 2015

2. Only the items from previous years would be put in packs on the marketplace for the duration of the seasonal.

I can see the pros and cons of doing this. On one hand it would allow people to pay for greater access to customization, however the flipside is that seasonal items are "rare" and letting players have packs would diminish their value?

Either way I imagine these packs being priced a bit (emphasis on only a bit) higher than the newly priced base item packs because they're more exclusive.
    • Like x 3
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I love decorating my base at Christmas. Last year I built up the marks so I could buy the stuff for the non-base item feat on day 1 and focus on the base items.

I would love it even more so if I could buy packs and redeem the items infinitely so I can enjoy a fully decorated base before Christmas.

So thumbs up to this idea, from me. I'd buy every pack if the items were infinitely redeemable. Even if I didn't have a concept in mind.
    • Like x 2
  3. krytine Loyal Player

OK if you want 59 be osha c
    complaint then you need you 10 card for all those present hard hat safety glasses and at least one person at all times when the site is open to have the osha 30 card. Do we really want to have to
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Great idea, maybe even expand it to seasonal trinkets. Like the Boo family, the Jacks (Spooky, Creepy, etc), little crab guys from summer, snowman trinket, jukebox from St. Patrick's day, all of the things.
    • Like x 3
  5. Unida Dedicated Player

pretty sure they had very little success in the past as far as revenue returns in MP for the time/staff investment into creating base items.
    it's pretty late for them to embrace the microtransaction goldmine this late in the piece, but it should have always been that as a focus outside subs, but it got so massively skewed to replays that it limited everything else.

i'd love more customisation, but would put it secondary after more content AND making older instances scale up to current CR difficulty for current rewards....

actually

1. add scalability to all instances - ie T7 Kahndaq
    2. lower the mark rewards (more content to run, lower marks = more running = more playing)
    3. best gear in vendor
    4. new content is purely for the fun - not for the drops, maybe styles?

anything to promote more playing....
    • Like x 3
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

A hard hat style actually would be pretty cool... and pretty sure we already have some face styles that could pass as safety glasses...
  7. akaivy Dedicated Player

I have one base (dive) that I used to decorate for each season. I've since changed that to a playroom with a lot of silly things in there (toybox, balloons, playhouse furniture, etc.).

If I could buy a seasonal pack, I would definitely use it to decorate one of my other bases.
    • Like x 1
  8. Craven Green Loyal Player

I would like to see a base layout that included a glassed in area for a sunroom or greenhouse with the glassed areas reflecting a view of either Gotham or Metropolis.

I would like to have alternate places to assign my base ie: Central City, The Wastelands, Gotham under Seige, Metro Battlezone even New Genesis. I personally spend a lot of time in Central City and would like to walk out my door directly into this area. Moving your base according to what content you are working on might be attractive to some people.
    • Like x 6
  9. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

I want a lair called "cottage" or "cabin". Make the entry room look like the outside of a cabin, like the front yard, make that hallway the doorway. The inside walls would be that of the 1st part of the tunnel of lust duo (the wallpaper look). I could really spookify that for Halloween. I also agree with the egyptian/kahndaq look--for bases & lge halls.
    • Like x 1
  10. TroEL Dedicated Player

The ability to overlap base items was a strong move. However, some items, when overlapped, have some serious artifacting and shading issues. Not the biggest problem but still something that needs to be addressed
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

If it's the problem I'm thinking of, then I don't think it's exclusive to DCUO but rather a flaw in CGI in general, caused by 2 surfaces trying to exist in the same space at the same time.
    • Like x 3
  12. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Big thumbs up to you and this made of awesome thread! I really want to see seasonal base items on the marketplace, at least for the duration of the seasonal. I don't see them being devalued too much, being as they are the only base items you can purchase with in game currency. They derive their value from the time and effort it takes to afford and whether or not it's off season. Seasonal items go up in price once out of season, but people who really want that base item will buy it....much like i did spending almost 3mill on 4 Hanging Ivy's (not even Blooming Ivy's) because I got tired of waiting until spring. It would be the same if they were on the MP, because I still would have to buy them from the broker or wait till spring.....

I've suggested before that all base items should be on the MP, but now i'm not so sure, I wouldn't want to devalue some of the rarer more desirable items. But I think they should put most content based items on the MP as a pack, but exclude the best/most desirable items, for example, Throne of Skulls as only a drop, everything else in the pack on MP (bad example I know but hope you get what I mean). If I think about it, I probably would have got bored of base building if I bought everything I wanted for my base already, part of the fun so to speak, is running instances, and carefully trawling the broker for items you need. Whenever I see video's of other peoples bases I am often as impressed with amount of time and in game money it must have taken to create these bases as I am by the base itself. Somehow, I still think that part of it is kind of important.

To add to your OP
    -Please add an option to toggle on and off the placement circles for ease of viewing and filming

-Remove placement limitaitons, No more wall/ceiling/floor.... if I want a footed bath tub on my ceiling I should be able to put it there!

-Moveable Customisable/purchasable fixed amenities (Mainframe/White mod vendor etc). Let us change the design style to better accommodate the style of our base, let us also move them to the pink amenity placement circles, to allow for greater customisation and individuality in our bases.

-Fix bug that only allows certain items to be placed on the Pillars in our lairs. I bought a bunch of Single wall sconces from the halloween seasonal specifically to put on a few of my pillars but for some reason I cant place them, as well as a lot of other wall items that seem as though they should fit on a pillar (note to self....repot in bug section)

-Wall Customisation - Allow us to texture select a wall or a section of walls and texture with a selection of textures. Also possibly wallpapers? If thats possible that would be awesome. Also allow us to chose the colour of each wall from the palette.
    • Like x 1
  13. coco Committed Player

I don't agree it devalues people's broker sales, promotes people to not bother running the seasonal, and not as exclusive if everyone can buy it. However, I might be convinced in this if it didn't count for the feat. Like bombshell posters were. It still would mess up broker sales but for the people wanting stuff without putting in the work or don't have time it would make it easier for them I guess.
  14. coco Committed Player

However, it doesn't matter what I think being that you already threw it out there made thread popular I know their going to jump on it now just like they did when I asked numerous times to be able to change league names without disbanding league, my last comment was even if it costs mc like a respec token, they jumped on it because of the potential money. Hence league name changer my suggestion for money, hence your seasonal base pac suggestion that makes money.
  15. comrade sonya Committed Player

DLC or episode base locations would be a big incentive for membership/purchasing content, plus it's a good way to keep those zones populated and relevant. Great idea.

I noticed this issue with the bombshell posters, even if the edges are touching they seem to almost vibrate and shimmer.

On one hand certain items shouldn't be there like SM base items because those are exclusive to that instance, but other ones I'm not so sure about. In the end I want options and I don't want to be limited by the availability of drops or the greed of players on the broker. I do see your point about hunting and collecting those base items being very rewarding and "cool" to show off though. (sidenote how about a feature that calculates the price of our base based off how much the items are currently going for in the broker :D)

Great Ideas, especially the moving permanent items and pillar space.
  16. comrade sonya Committed Player

I think people would still run the seasonal, I didn't mention it but of course these would not count towards the feat so at the minimum people would still need to buy the 10 items for the feat plus whatever cool goodies are added that aren't base items. I still think there would be a broker market, not everyone wants to spend real money on goods they can achieve otherwise for free.
    • Like x 1
  17. coco Committed Player

18. coco Committed Player

Woe what happened? When I replied to your original post it didn't put what I said after. Anyhow love your ideas in 1st comment, and the thread itself, great ideas!
  19. coco Committed Player

Ok dont know if these were mentioned already by others but have a few things to add to original post:
    1. people that give permission to someone to decorate, the decorator should be able to choose from their list of items to place, atm you can only move what they have placed out with limitations because of stairs, levels, etc.
    2. base locations by dlc like a base in wastelands.
    3. An option to open your doors to anyone so that you don't have to add names.
    4 the rest pertain to league halls: more than 80 items per room hallways need more spaces for items as well.
    5. A teleporter to bases, more themes, coral reef getting old, like a Halloween themed league hall, or a Christmas theme, etc. and a broker in the hall.

That's all I can think of atm but I'm sure I'll add more, great thread btw!
    • Like x 3
  20. comrade sonya Committed Player

Those are good ideas, it's hard to help someone decorate if you only have access to what they put out.

One thing I'd like added is the ability to flip or reverse base items, it's be nice to have lions facing both ways instead of just one :p