Base Improvement Council

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by comrade sonya, Oct 25, 2015.

1. coco Committed Player

Lol we think alike! A couple of my friends like my bases (have 10 different ones, lol) that's why I brought that point up because they want me to decorate theirs but got many limitations it gets frustrating!
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Yes yes yes
  3. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

While I like the idea of a much more customizable lair and obviously many will love it, there's enough problems to fix in this game without people asking the devs to be concentrating on the fluff. Peoples energy would be best served helping the devs with the major things first. Sorry for bringing the thread back to reality :p
  4. coco Committed Player

Reality fine by me, because what you say is true. However, don't know about anyone else, how long have people been asking the devs to fix this game as a whole? A very very long time! I don't expect them to give attention to bases first since there is much more problems that need addressing first but want it here so they don't forget like they have seemed to be doing for many years on everything not just bases.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Like? ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Yh, pretty much 5 years worth of asking for balance lol, but it seems to be arriving finally and hopefully sooner rather than later so we can start to ask for the little things, after all it's the little things that make the biggest difference. There was so much more potential as far as bases are concerned at least than they actually gave us when they were introduced.
    • Like x 1
  7. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Don't, we'll be here all week lol
    • Like x 2
  8. coco Committed Player

Before I forget the new flash museum sign: clouds would be awesome if we could put it on the ceiling, or just the same thing but made for ceiling
    • Like x 3
  9. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

All I really want is an NPC pet to roam around my base and the ability to rename it. I want a Smoldering Wrath Demon named "Fluffy". I would pay MP cash for it too. $30-$40 even.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  10. akaivy Dedicated Player

If someone has already suggested this, then I apologize.

I would like a station to donate items to the league. Yes, I know there's several in the hod and I know I can go to the league hall, but it would be convenient to have one in the my base as well.
    • Like x 3
  11. coco Committed Player

Side note I wish we could have more amenity circles to place on we already have to pick & choose what amenities we want out, be able to donate stuff we have already collected for our base to our hall to ( don't know about anyone else but having about 50-100 dojo training tools for example is not something I'm about to have out in my base unless it's out of eye sight, lol from when I was new, just wanted the count at the time), & make our base items account bound so to speak.

I have 7 toons I wish I could just have one big list for all characters to use in whichevers base I choose to use in, yes the list would be excruciatingly long but I hate when I have an item on one but want it on another and end up buying the same thing.
    • Like x 1
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Being able to place just one more amenity than the current limit per base would be great.
    I don't know what you're talking about as far as not being able to place things going through walls and columns. I can do that just fine with most items.
  13. akaivy Dedicated Player

I can't place a lot of things on columns, even things I was able to place there before.
    • Like x 2
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'd support this concept, but not at that price point. Nowhere near that price point.
  15. Hector Danger Well-Known Player

That's a great idea, although maybe a drop from SM or something would be more ideal. But hey, It's your money:)
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think they should put the Flash Museum items up for sale on the marketplace in packs of 12. One for the Clouds, One for Fire and one for Ice. They could even offer a fourth mixed set with four of each. I would easily buy several sets. There could even be one set meant for league Halls that contains a big Flash banner, four large ceiling and floor columns and some flash baloons.

The floor coverings from this Halloweens seasonal were a success. Very clear from what Ive seen in players lairs. I'd like to see the design team take the space we have to work with into consideration more. Make pieces like this interlock better and make pieces meant to fit into certain areas (around coulmns and under stairs).

I want a base building mode where we can access and work on our lairs when the game is down...
    • Like x 3
  17. comrade sonya Committed Player

I agree, when the devs were talking about bases they said something along the lines of keeping things in order and not having pianos on ceilings or clocks on the floor but it's our personal bases and we should have creative reign :)

I agree about being careful with the pricing, a certain few posters claiming they would spend $20 on the batman mask comes to mind ;)

I've never had luck with placing anything on the columns, so I'm all for opening up more space
    • Like x 2
  18. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I want a sidekick trinket for a Giant Cockroach. I will name it Squish, and I will foot all development costs (once I win the Lotto). :p
    I really do want Squish, though... *sniff*
    • Like x 1
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

T u r the biggest base item micro transaction supporter I know. I suggested the seasonal items a few weeks ago in a thread not being able to find this one.

One catch the original poster here missed and id like ur opinion is THEY MUST BE $5 OR LESS to fully dash out ur base.
    The every dollar from anywhere philosophy u support is exaactly perfect for this. Base skins we know dont sell well so change them to $5 and 3 for $10

I know leagues who farm the snow items and players who run holloween a billion times just for spider webs. Its worth $5 to fully deck out a base and deals is two things people jump on. Some items solo can be .50 cents and packs for a few dollars. Endless snow items for $5

Everythings developed and going forward has no cost only profits so this does not matter how mucu u charge. Id even knock off exclusive items to SM despite hurting a nice cash maker in game. The instance and vanity pets are enough with a style to boot flood the market place.
    K what do u think I mean over priced would negate a great easy idea imo.
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The game does need some in-game exclusive items that can only be obtained in game. The marketplace needs exclusives too that can only be purchased via the marketplace and can not be obtained in game.

Therefore I wouldn't degrade the SM rewards, at all. Not even the base items. There's nothing in SM, base item wise, that stands out as amazing, except for perhaps the toilet and the teleporter signs. Vanity pets should also remain in SM. At least the current ones. Only popular sellers should be released on the marketplace as exclusives, such as Krypto, Parallax, Ion, Predator, Dexx Star etc.

With that being said, there should be some cross over. I think the seasonal base items idea is a great one. I love Christmas and part of my annual tradition now is to decorate my base making it so festive that even Santa would walk in and be like "... Jesus Christ". I don't mind farming the base items, but I can never farm enough to deck my base out to the level I want it.

I would happily pay money for access to seasonal base items on the marketplace, but the condition is that I could redeem them as many times as I want on all my characters. Similar to how the SOE Live base items work/worked. If this isn't part of the deal, then I have no interest in it.

I also feel that there should be more packs available, including a bar pack, that includes low hanging lighting, pool table, bar, bar stools, beverages etc. As well as other existing in game base items, like Tall Moderne Light. But again, the catch has to be that you can redeem them as many times as you want.

They don't lose money by enabling us to redeem them infinitely. Each item redeemed doesn't have a cost associated with it. All costs for base items have been covered already, when they were built. So it should be a standard offer.

There's no limit to the amount of ideas. I could list a whole plethora of ideas (and might do tomorrow). But the developers haven't reached out to us for ideas and suggestions, nor do they want to address the fact that they can't be redeemed infinitely is a deal killer for some people who would otherwise buy every base item ever sold on the marketplace.

So yes, to seasonal base items on the marketplace but only if they can be redeemed infinitely. As much as I want my base covered in festive lights, I'm not paying $X for Y amount of lights if I need to buy multiple packs of them.
    • Like x 2