Test Discussion Artifact Reworks 2022

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jul 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolaksi Well-Known Player

What about cooldown display for revive and rage of lazarus effect during gameplay? Maybe if not for revive because it already has while we are KOed but at least for rage of lazarus? Whole point of this effect is to keep us alive and if we can see the "vulnerable" state on screen, that can push us to play more careful and not just rely on rage of lazarus to save us each time.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ranmaru Developer

If I had a way to have stronger messaging for the cooldown, I would put it into use sadly there isn't a lot of options for providing messaging for stuff like that.
    • Like x 2
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What about an explosion of pit water that erupts from the player once the cooldown is over (only visual and fairly large)? - At least for the rage of lazarus effect.

Not sure if it would require too many resources.
    • Like x 1
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just tested Omegahedron again with the same Loadout as last test.

From what i've seen the buff applies properly now. :)

The numbers are now equal to using Grim/Quislet instead of Omegahedron. Its quite hard for me to test due to server lag, inferior PC etc but i tested each setup for 5min with 10 sec parsers and had almost the same highs and lows.

This is definitely good but i would say it still needs a slight buff to account for the moments you lose out on the higher damage buff. Quislet also has the damage component from using supercharges wich i didnt take into account while testing. Grims PI passive wasnt doing anything for my test but it would also do something for different powersets.

Increasing the overall damage by this should be enough to make it excel when used perfectly and still compete in any situation.
    Something like this on top:
    • 0-29% +1%/+0,5%
    • 30-49% +3%/+1,5%
    • 50-69% +4%/+2%
    • 70-89% +3%/+1,5%
    • 90-100% +1%/+0,5%
  5. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

This is how you properly rework omegahedron and make it useful like it was before the current rework idea that truly made it useless and im sure you devs shouldn't have a very hard time balancing the stats but i literally already did you the favor you don't need to tweak it just let the test players test this new omegahedron out i came up with this gonna be 1 of the best real troll aka power troll and dps plus tank or heal arts to use it works with every role i brought back the original version of this art in my rework with buffs and a new effect not some horrible idea like the current rework it has rn that truly removes all hope for that artifact btw im sure this idea would work it doesn't give the player crazy amount of might or precision only health and power which all arts should tbh the extra health and power not gonna give a player god mode just help them last longer and with the massive power increase players will enjoy this especially that power regen every 20s and some other stat buffs the only tank btw for the new effect i created its intended to not become too op because no player will stay under 5% health all day especially with the 10s duration not much time to cheese with it for example the extra 15% might in my original idea that type of extra stat increase was gonna proc lower than 15% health but didnt wanted it to become too op so i removed the 10% also other information regardin details about the 15% stat increase for 10s it should still be active even if you heal as long its within that 10s duration afterwards its on cooldown into health drops below 5% again for another 10s

Omegahedron
    Artifact
    Item Level: 250
    Experience: 1678722

15120 Power (+200)
    15120 Health (+200)
    8245 Dominance (+341)
    3226 Restoration (+613)
    3226 Vitality (+613)
    3226 Might (+613)
    1437 Precision (+420)

20% Power
    20% Health
    15% Dominance
    10% Restoration
    10% Vitality
    10% Might
    5% Precision

Energizing Aura
    Using superpowers in combat while between 25% and 75% power increases your base power regeneration by 15% for 10s. Once every 20s receive 10% power regeneration this effect stacks with Power Efficiency and Cyborg passive.

Kryptonian Effect
    Healer role: Restoration is increased by an additional 15% on health lower than 5% for 10s. Once the healer dies they will provide group healing shields for 10s that also revives downed players this effect occurs once every 20s.

Tank role: Dominance is increased by additional 15% on health lower than 50% for 10s. Group breakouts will now provide heal overtime an increased breakout duration on health lower than 5% by additional 6s this effect occurs once every 20s.

Controller Role: Vitality is increased by an additional 15% on lower health than 5% for 10s. On death the player will explode dealing AOE damage based on 10% of their might an provide power regeneration overtime for 10s this effect occurs once every 20s.

Damage Role: Might is increased by 15% on health lower than 5% for 10s. Precision is increased by 5% for 10s when the player power drops below 35% this effect occurs once every 20s.

Unique Equip
    Cannot Trade
    Cannot Sell
    Costs 10x Source Marks
    Recommended for: any role
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Hi Ranmaru,

Assuming these artifact changes are going live soon I wondered if you had given any thought to the venom wrist dispenser remaining active for the 12 seconds rather than the 10 based on the fact some powers are going to be able to benefit from the full 10 seconds due to a white mod and a few powers lacking those mods are going to be left out in the cold?

Thanks.
  7. Designated Well-Known Player

These negative % of omegahedron seems weird, just off.
    And i agree with dontcare97, if it worked with every role would a at least a bench artifact.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For the love of….

Devs please never listen to this guys advice.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The negative % has changed already. Its only positives. The Current state of the artifact can only be seen on the test server tho. Not in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The fact that certain players aready want to tac swap this artifact leaves me no other choice than not supporting this. I really, really, really dont want prec dps's to go into their inventory every 10 to 12 seconds and potentially wipe the group just for additional damage. Its already bad enough as is.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You cannot justify the position of sticking to 10 seconds because what you're saying here is you're going to punish a few powers only because of a distaste for tac swapping, which isn't fair.

Earth for example don't have an accelerated back mod so leaving it at 10 seconds just punishes earth players for no reason other than "the devs didn't feel like putting the back mod in earths options list"

Meanwhile the likes of water will spit in your face and do exactly what you don't want them doing and for what?

Tac swapping is a seperate issue and the truth is leaving it at 10 seconds disproportionately punishes only certain powers who will use this artifact, it needs to be changed.

Your position isn't founded in reason, it's founded in emotion.

If you want a level playing field i.e. balance then the other option is to delete all accelerated waepon buff mods for everyone.
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What about those powers that get to use a strong supercharge every 10 seconds opposed to having 40 seconds cooldown. Or some powers being able to use 2 supercharges without sacrificing base damage?

The game isnt fair and certain artifacts suit certain powers more. Having a 1,2 second delay isnt even remotely as bad as other artifacts are benefitting ceratin powersets more. Just saying. :D

The better approach would be to make the backmod available for all powersets and not to make this already incredibly strong artifact even stronger.
  13. Designated Well-Known Player

Didnt know that, all good then.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

That's not relevant to the discussion, if this were about balancing supercharges you'd have every right to discuss those imabalances and I'd expect nothing less.

However we are talking here about one of the artifacts being directly re-worked and the disparity in its performance based on nothing other than the power having access to a white mod that allows for 100% up time.

Your position with respect to its potential to tac swapping is of no consequence, tac swapping and/or the impacts are not up for discussion here.

You're actually directly asking for an imbalance, seemingly for no justifiable reason at all other than "I hate that this artifact might be tac swapped" and worse yet you're only stifling improvement of the artifact for "some powers" just to make it worse.

For the record I did also suggest making the back mod available to everyone that solution is as equally satisfactory as increasing the artifact to 12 seconds.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was just making a point while using a strongly related example.

Also, i dont have anything against tac swapping but simply hate if players overlook mechanics simply due to tunnel vision while focussing on top dmg. 10 Seconds will be too short for most players to even consider it. 12 seconds would be just on the edge and being able to make use of it will lead to issues i dont want to run into.

Just for the record: Wich powersets dont have access to the accelerated weapon buff back mod?
  16. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy, sorry for the late reply. While I originally didn't desire to have the cooldown exactly line up with the buff the existence of these white mods cause us to make concessions; with that being said I am going to go ahead and raise the duration to 12 seconds just to make sure the playing field is fair for those who wish to use this artifact.
    • Like x 10
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks Ranmaru :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

When do these go live? I am anxious to finally be able to do some end game damage with fang, clarion, and dispenser. Not one for trans strat solar/grim/Quislet meta nor the overpowered pet meta that outdps's 200 artifacts at 120... I'm sure some people like wiggle room. I hate the fact that without transformation card/strategist card no one build is complete (except for grim/quislet/source shard.) Btw thanks for fixing that kite Amazo whatever artifact exploit.

Free damage is nice, but real damage is better!
  19. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Also, I had seen some videos that the restoration buff was not occuring with the use of fang, was this addressed? When a shield is used the fang gives a prec and resto buff, correct? Does the shield from clarion count for this or do we need to use HL shield and lose a spot for a preferred ability?
  20. L T Devoted Player

This artifact was pretty much the only reason left for the existence of these mods. Other than making an ability available to clip with 1.2 seconds earlier they now have no purpose.

Should they be removed and replaced with something else?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.