Test Discussion Artifact Reworks 2022

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jul 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Tested VWD. This was is pretty straight forward (especially after the last art I tested lol).

The average dps was 153k which is a pretty sizable about compared to the standard set I used with all my test (161k). I agree with others who said that the buff should last 12 seconds. This is basically because it does give an edge to some powers who have accelerated weapon buffs over those who do not. It could probably use an extremely time amount of a buff (maybe 20% instead of the 18% it gives now). Thou since it is a prec artifact I would be cautious over anything larger.

And MAYBE change the power buff to be resto to give demon fang another art to synergize with. But that’s a different topic all together. (VWD lowers power regeneration while demon gives power)
    • Like x 1
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

When you describe Power Interaction. the bread-and-butter of DPS, as "convoluted",
    you invalidate your testing by exposing yourself of understanding nothing.

To those interested: the Talon Strike functions as both PI applier (Bleed) and beneficiary (300%).
    Apply PI so your other attacks hit harder, simple as that.
    In this current incarnation, the ideal rotation would be combo > Bleed > combo > 300% > combo > 300% > repeat
    I've only managed to have rifle get in the 3rd 300% before PI DoT runs out, but I'm not ruling out other combinations capable of doing the same.

Maybe try a loadout that takes advantage of the 3s change before moaning it's "convoluted" and "clunky".
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I get that you don’t like me but don’t let you personal feelings affect your feedback.

I clearly posted the parser numbers to show the dps on horus when compared to a standard set up and showed that it does keep up. On top of that I even showed how one can have a rotation set up to utilize all the aspects of the artifacts to not only keep bleed up but also be able to use the 3x damage. I clearly listed a rotation. So how exactly did I expose that I did not understand anything after giving a detailed explanation of the artifact?

Yes the art is clunky and convoluted since you need to use specific weapons and specific abilities with specific cooldowns to be able to take advantage.

Leave your personal feelings at the door since I’m just here to provide feedback on said artifacts
    • Like x 1
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You're the one using personal feelings to judge my post, I have only judged you based on the merit of your arguments.
    and no, you did not utilize all aspects of the artifact just by not taking advantage of the 3s change. Try again.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Please look back at the rotation I listed. I clearly did take advantage of the 3s cooldown….
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

1/2 > WC/TS (sets bleed) > WC/4 > WC/TS (3x damage) > WC/1 > WC/4 >WC/TS (sets bleed) > WC/4 > WC/TS (3x damage)

If you can't at least apply a 2nd 3x damage before reapplying bleed, no, you didn't. At all.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Provide parsers to show you EFFECTIVELY took advantage of the horus. Until than I’m done arguing with you since it’s obvious you are mostly talking from emotions.

I’ll just continue to provide feedback with actual numbers to back up my claims

If a dev feels I’ve been out of line or of topic they are welcome to remove my posts.
  8. Sword- New Player

"Honestly, I like that this artifact change was UNIQUE to DCUO. Not everything that is done in this game need to be a copy of some other game. I like the idea of the risk instead of someone purposely killing themselves because they know they can come right back with full health and invincibility. This suggestion honestly incentivizes the player to go kamikaze in the game and will put it in direct conflict of things like revive counters in Elite. No one would carry / use it in Elite because it's usefulness is limited by the amount of times you can die.

I personally really like the new change for being unique, I've never heard of a mechanic like this in other games. It makes the majority of the player base think twice about passing this barely used artifact over for something else."

This artifact's effect isn't unique to DCUO, it is exactly the same as an ability called Living Dead from Final Fantasy XIV. The difference here though is that in XIV, for balancing purposes only a Dark Knight can use it (A DK is one of XIV's tanks), wheras in DCUO every role can use it as a safety net. There are also specific mechanics in XIV called "tankbusters" that these abilities are specifically used to survive, wheras in DCUO this artifact procs automatically whenever you would otherwise be killed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

If you don't want to even try having 2 3x applied to compare damage, that's on you, don't blame your issues on anyone else and cry about emotions.
    Good thing you won't try to respond to me anymore with your bogus claims then, saves me future hassle pointing them out.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sword- New Player

@Ranmaru, this one is for you, regarding Lazarus Pit Water changes specifically.

I think every role should be able to utilize the self-revive feature, but the invulnerability should only take effect when in tank role specifically, that gives this artifact a specific focus and function and creates future situations where this artifact is a compromise, rather than this artifact being overused as a swap in by every role.

I also believe there is some head room to reduce the duration and bring it more in line with mass density and group transducer. 6-8 seconds of invulnerability is still plenty of time but creates a risk/reward factor, that is manageable for the healer, and prevents the artifact from being exploited as a free safety net. There is a risk that you might not get healed back up to full health already, I feel like this is fair because unlike Mass Density and Group Transducer, this is not a supercharge, and those don't even offer god mode.

I believe you mentioned previously that it was difficult to heal the individual when they were in the invulnerability state, and although I'm not sure of your personal level of experience as a healer, I think this will be quite manageable when one person is in this state, but this could end up becoming really chaotic if multiple people are proccing this effect simultaneously, especially in endgame content.

It's going to be a little bit frustrating if one or more dps are swapping this artifact in when they know they are about to die, and start stealing priority heals from the tank. There are many situations where things like that could wipe the whole group, and I feel sorry for new players who will come across this type of gameplay without necessarily having the equipment to deal with situations where 2 or more players have a 50% heal debuff.

I'm not suggesting the downsides should be nerfed as I already believe this artifact is quite unbalanced in proportion to supercharges that provide similar protections, and god mode is god mode at the end of the day, and the downsides are deserved because in any other situation, exploiting god mode is cheating.

With artifacts there needs to be some kind of reasonable line to draw in terms of how powerful they should be in the metagame and limiting this particular artifact to just one role at least ensures two things:

1. People can't use this artifact as a swap in to exploit content or completely ignore mechanics they know are coming up, as only the tank would be able to utilize the invuln, and would have to choose which arti to swap it out with, which makes it balanced.
    2. Its not a messy experience for healers with potentially up to 7 people proccing this at random times throughout the raid and applying 50% debuffs to themselves, its managable for players of different skill levels and the tank can communicate when they need emergency healing.

In addition to this, it sounds like the invulnerability can bypass any mechanic in the game that would otherwise guarantee a KO and for future content this can be worked around, but as others have said, in content like DWFE, an artifact like this can make certain mechanics completely redundant. Maybe it would be worth creating exceptions in the future, where the artifact will not prevent a KO from a certain mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omegahedron feedback after recent update:

I tested it with gadgets as superpowered might spec.

I have a very powerhungry rotation, wich makes it perfect to test even on sparring targets as it lowers my power to 50% quite frequently upon every stealth clip.

For the test i used trans, strat, omegahedron and made it compete against trans strat grim (most commonly used setup and consistent dmg).

Grim: 104k-131k with an average of 120k/sec
    Omegahedron: 80k-130k with an average of 110k/sec

In its current state its still not an option to use over grim/quislet/solar etc.

On top of that is the fact that the power level will still wildly fluctuate. A controller supercharge, a supply drop, a supply drop with philosopher stone, reflections wich force you to stop using abilities, mechanics that leech power and the list goes on...

Theres not a whole lot that can be done to make those potential issues disappear, but the potential damage could be much greater than the average in order to account for those situations.

If the average damage is 10k/sec higher than the average dmg of grim or quislet in a controlled environment, it would account for the inevitable damage loss that will happen occasionally.

(We hava a similar situation with pet builds, wich fall short when used in the wrong environment due to the way pets work. Thats why pet damage with a pure pet build has to be at least 10% if not even 20% higher on sparring targets in order to take the missing troll buffs into account in raids.)

The distribution across the different buff levels seem quite nice since its almost maximum potential is between 30% and 90%power now.

TL;DR: Still too weak. Pls buff.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Omegahedron is still bugged and isn't scaling properly. With the current bug, you end up getting locked into whatever "buff range" your power bar is at when you enter combat. The damage buff doesn't adjust dynamically based on your power bar.

So if you go into combat at 100% power on a sparring target, you may not even see much of a buff at all.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How did my parser fluctuate between 80k/sec and 130k/sec while continuously fighting for several minutes? It looked like it locked into a certain % buff but not based on power while starting combat but rather updating every X seconds.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

1 minute Demonstration:

I use Fear Gas since it has no damage variance. After the first cast, my Fear Gas damage tick got locked in at 2926. I vary my power bar from completely full to near empty and the damage from Fear Gas doesn't change except from consuming a soda.

As for your test results, I would have to watch a video to see what rotation you are using and what is going on.
    • Like x 1
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    On Demon's Fang:
    "When affected by any shield, increase Restoration by 10% and Precision by 6%"

I'm not seeing this stat boost when I try it on myself:

I've also tried taking damage while a shield is up and there is no stat increase.
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO 21Savage Active Player

longest thread ever just hope to see omegahedron gets a better rework because that current idea is terrible completely
  17. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy again everyone, I have some new features and updates to the artifact changes

Omegahedron
    • Fixed buffs not properly applying.
    Lazarus Pit Water
    • Fixed tooltips to properly reflect damage of Lazarus pit water.
    • Added Dregs of the Pit.
      • Upon becoming Knocked Out release a small amount of Lazarus Pit water that restores up to (20/30/40/50)% HP upon moving through the field
    • Updated tooltip to support new functionality.
    • Reduced cooldown on Revive. now (1 hour/30 minutes/15 minutes/ 5 minutes)
    • Fixed certain damage instances from killing the player while in Rage of Lazarus effect.
    Known issues:
    Dregs of the pit does not function on any rank besides 200, there was a hookup error that caused this. I have fixed it but it hasn't made its way to test for this build.
    • Like x 4
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I take it Dregs of the Pit is in addition to all other features you've currently added to make rank 200 even more appealing? :)
  19. Ranmaru Developer

Dregs of the pit was actually functionality that had already existed it just wasn't properly represented in the tooltip; I was informed by QA that this feature shouldn't be locked behind just rank 200 so it was expanded to work on all ranks.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Oh, cool, thanks :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.