Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Which non-mastery combos are hitting harder than the mastery version?
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Magnum Round
    Rolling Barrage

All the rest are hitting less than their Mastery version.

Please note: I have not checked these two attacks since the last weapon changes. I can do so now if you like but up until the last changes these non-mastery combos were hitting harder than their mastery counterpart.
    • Like x 1
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Zypher is now saying what I have been saying since December. For weapons that lack single target combos, make some of their combos single target. That will definitely increase their viability in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  4. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

It should probably hit the same way smokebomb and dual fury does then. If you're angling yourself to isolate the target assuming 2 DPS are using shield lands that + might clips, that's an instant kill if it's not blocked.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Dual Flurry is conal just like 6 tap hold from shield.

Although Dual Flurry might very well have a wider cone radius than 6 tap hold from Shield. I would need to test more to confirm though.

In the end you can't have Smoke Bomb and Shield's 6 tap hold have the same hit box. It makes zero sense. In the case of Smoke Bomb you are throwing down an obvious AoE effect to hit everything around you. In the case of Shield's 6 tap hold you are obviously placing your Shield on your feet mid air and smashing whatever is in front of you. You literally have no reason to be damaging what is behind you which is why the attack is conal and not AoE. Same applies for 5 and 7 tap hold for Shield.
  6. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Dual flurry has a huge range.. you can test it in the league hall. It's conal but just as blockable as smokebomb. If shield gets the same hitbox I think it would be fine.

There's a lot of range on weapon hitboxes that don't make sense. Souls has a bunch of videos. :p I don't really care about how it looks relative to how counterable the long combo damage is.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It really isn't though. It might have a 180 degree cone on it but that is not the same as a 360 degree radius :p. If you block behind someone who does Smoke Bomb you will counter them. If you block behind someone who does Dual Flurry you will not counter them. So we can't really say something that is conal is "just as blockable" as something that is AoE because it isn't man.
    • Like x 1
  8. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Thanks captain obvious. :p The point is you're not gonna get off a 180 degree cone consistently, at all. The knockdown rate is guaranteed to be high unless they're directly behind you. No one is gonna DPS backwards. A 90 degree cone or less (whatever shield is) is far more effective based on how close you are to the target because you're narrowing the range and cone. The closer you get the less effective that hitbox for counters is.
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It really is though man, you need to look at it mathematically.

Single target attacks -> you either get blocked, or you don't

Conal attacks -> you either get blocked, or you don't

AoE attacks -> you either get blocked, or you don't

So in other words, everything is 50/50 on whether it gets blocked or not. Simple mathematics.

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  10. Miserable Dedicated Player

Shield's 6 tap hold is 180, or if not, it's much closer to 180 than it is to 90.

Edit: After playing around with Shield's 6 tap hold and Dual Flurry on the 8 sparring targets in my League Hall, both combos seem to have the same angle cone.
  11. Soul Dedicated Player

They ninja'd the changes to live, HB 3 tap hits harder than uppercut xD
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

But only when Venge uses it. :p

EDIT: You weren't kidding...holy s**t. They pushed the damage changes that are on Test to Live without saying anything. Can't we at least get warned via a Hotfix notice? :(
  13. Soul Dedicated Player

No no, I'm not joking, get on ._.

cw got her nerf too on live.
  14. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not GU57...just the weapon changes.

Shield is balanced now, HB's Uppercut Mastery is poo, and long combos hit like a semi truck.

EDIT: Need to test Live just to make sure the same changes from Test transitioned over. Not 100% sure it is the same.
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Fine. PvP be all I care about. Is that good or bad sir?
    • Like x 1
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

For someone who only cares about PVP how do you not have 5 wins in Australia? You know that is where the real PVP is right? :D
    • Like x 1
  18. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I like the damage thats on live right now (recent shield and HB nerfs). I don't think it's really fair to say they were ninja'd in since they were supposed to be added along with the other reductions :p. I'm glad they pushed it to live.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

Weapons feel same like "pre-revamp" totally bs actually
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

What exactly was changed and by how much?