Any role vs DPS at PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by SasquaT, Apr 25, 2013.

1. NexGen New Player

Sorry, I'll refrain from friendly banter with you then, lol.
  2. Kristyana New Player

That wasn't the point of the OPs flawed post though.
  3. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Seriously.o_O I run as a Fire Tank in PvP and eat DPS up. With all the mainframe mods now I just crush them and they barely dent me. Now most matches the teams have multiple healers so the DPS can stay up for a little bit, until I led them just far enough away and then hit them over the head a few times.
  4. One_Man_Army New Player

T5 PVP gear? As far as I understand it, PVP only has 4 tiers according to the devlopers. T1 is the old iconic pvp suits and Avatar Bombardier which give 81 PVP cr. T2 is Aeronaut at 82 PVP cr. T3 is Logistics Officer at 83 PVP cr. And T4 is Vengeance at 84 PVP cr. Archangel is the cash only set and isn't actually a tier set while checkmate, thought slightly better than the new archangel sets, doesn't really count in the new system. Where is this T5 PVP gear I keep hearing about, lol?
  5. One_Man_Army New Player

True, I'm just saying that if the duelists had similar gear and skill points, it's not actually true to say that the healer will definitely beat the dps. In such a scenario, both sides essentially have an equal chance at winning. In such a scenario, it comes down to the player.
  6. RodentRob New Player

You aren't 170 skill points and it is hard to take anything you say seriously after you make such a claim. Tanks beat dps, healers beat dps, and a troll can give a dps a decent fight, but a dps is at the biggest disadvantage in a 1v1.

At the same time that doesn't garuntee a loss, and the odds are really against you. All respectable 1v1ers duel in dps role as well, so you are probably just witnessing highly skilled players beating lesser geared and/or lesser skilled players that are playing in their role.
    • Like x 2
  7. Volaron New Player

LOL pulling it into different posts. Your hilarious kid. I'm sorry you have to have 12k hp + dps stats to win a ONE versus ONE.
    It's clear to everyone this game is currently Rock/Paper/Tank. Your worse then those who say steel isn't OP.

Wait..lemme guess, he's perfectly fine?
    Saying i'm not a good dps..lol your funny.
    • Like x 1
  8. ARI ATARI New Player

this is the opposite of reality here.
    dps stands the least chance of any class.
    dps that win are winning for only 2 possible reasons. or both.
    1. they are really good.
    2. their opponent is really bad.
    • Like x 2
  9. CaptainNova Well-Known Player

As a troll I use the damage debuff so the damage DPS do on me is base and meh to mine :) I wonder why no one uses it removed there modifier like basically nerfing all DPS
  10. why dcuo New Player

i see your point. but if you try to hybrid your mix, your outcome may be different. you don't have to be 100% resto to beat a dps, if you did idk where you'd find time to hurt them
  11. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Maybe you are under geared and fighting the DPS players who already have T4 PvP gear now? I fought one on my Tank and it was like fighting another Tank honestly...

Btw have you ever fought an Ice Tank? Those freaking Ice Tanks.... With all the healing HT gives you it's like fighting a Fire Tank on steroids.
  12. renzhe New Player

Try being in Inner Sactum, against an Ice Tank popping shield and Amazonian Deflection, plus having a Troller feeding him power for basically constant dmg deflection :confused:
  13. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I know... I'm an Earth Tank and I'd rather fight anything other than an Ice Tank right now honestly.

I'd rather take my chances with a Healer. Since this GU25, it's easier to kill a Healer than an Ice Tank for me honestly.
    • Like x 1
  14. One_Man_Army New Player

Hey, I like all that HP of tanks, especially when I'm in matches with them. In duels, it keeps things interesting. A dps vs dps duel is over in seconds and isn't very epic. You get 2 tanks or 2 healers or 1 healer and 1 tank, however, and we can have ourselves an epic match that isn't over seconds later, lol. As far as his Steel being op comment, I had to do nothing but laugh. In actual fact, NONE of the legends are op. It's all in how the player uses him. Why, I managed to beat many Steels with Dr. Fate, and I keep hearing how much Dr. Fate sucks, lol. Every time I hear someone say a particular legend character is too powerful, I am forced to do nothing but chuckle as that goes against the whole point of legend characters to begin with. It's the player and how they use the legend, not the legend itself.
  15. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

This thread stil going on?
    • Like x 1
  16. Volaron New Player

That is a question. You phrased it like a question. I never said that was a rule. That's just how it works. You've lost get over it and go run you gates, because you clearly don't pvp.
  17. Ayaya New Player

i don't know why you talking ****.

would you ask anyone specified for 1 role to play in a different role? that's disadvantage right there.

ex: a heal power with many points into resto vs any power spec'd for 100% damage
    who would win dps role vs dps role

some bulllllllllllll
  18. GeoShock New Player

Yes, everyone's wrong except you ...........................
  19. Redscreen5 New Player

Am now an ICE tank and the chances of a DPS beating me is slim especially with continual shield, dont know how people can struggle unless your troll
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

Looks like someone gets it. Volaron wants everyone to play to his strengths, not to their own. This gives him a better chance at winning while (poorly) masking his argument with the guise of trying to create a level field.