Any role vs DPS at PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by SasquaT, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

Oh yeah, and Spytle definitely was NOT one of the many players I didn't compete against during my marathon 10-hour PVP romp that never happened.
    • Like x 1
  2. Radium Devoted Player

This is really foolish.
    • Like x 1
  3. _DauT_ New Player

[IMG]I have no clue what op is talking about. I switch between ice tank and fire tank weekly and never have a problem handeling dps, if they are really good its at times hard to manage my health while also burning them down, but it all comes down to skill.

But when i spec dps... i still do pretty well because i know how tanks play and i know how to counter them, what moves they use, ect. Same thing goes for when i play vs dps on my tank. All comes down to knowledge at times. Vs Dps most of the time i use 2 handed beacuse 99.999% of dps refuse to block so weapon speed is really not a problem and im hitting for 200 each weapon attack.

So as a tank ill meaning go for weapon damage and my loadout will be Heals - fire or Sheilds - ice.
  4. Quagmire New Player

I think the devs said it is somewhere around 70% run in dps stance. Don't quote me on that but I think i remember that being said
  5. Iguniru New Player

Lol and I see people complaining on the forums saying ice needs to be fixed because "it's not good as it used to be, Lol smh.
  6. John New Player

Ice tank is ridiculous in 1v1 if they have regenerative shielding its a done deal
  7. Mad9 New Player

I can kill any healer in DPS stance. I don't need to go Troll for it. It does not matter if you have 2000 SP coz, PVP is more about skill than simply spamming power. If you got skill, we'd be evenly matched, if not, you are going down.
    I can kill a tank ( an equally geared and skilled tank will very likely win against me ).
    I eat trolls for breakfast. No way is a troll ever going to win against me (unless he's highly skilled).
  8. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Speaking of, great running into you in Arkham Asylums 5v5 earlier this evening. That was a nice match. :)

As far as this topic goes, I don't even know what to say really. Yes, as a full-time DPS in PvP, I am always at a disadvantage when it comes to fighting other roles. Most notably, tanks, are the most difficult for me to defeat and for obvious reasons. I can defeat a tank once, and if I'm very lucky, twice in a Lair 1v1 battle before I get exhausted and lose my A game and so I'm steamrolled over as a result. While it is frustrating to lose, I give it my best shot and move onto the next if I don't succeed in that fight. Usually there isn't a lot I can do except maybe pray that I survive long enough for them to run out of power and soders.

Healers give me trouble too, but all I have to do is hold my own. After a little bit it will become a battle of attrition, and it's one that I like to take advantage of as the healers lose more and more power and more and more soders to replenish them. I usually stick to weapon combos, blocks, counters, and block breaks when dealing with healers. Once I notice their health really starting to melt (a sign that they cannot get heals to themselves yet), I break out the power and Might damages to finish them off.

Controllers, they're hit and miss for me. Some defeat me, while others I can easily destroy. Those stuns and encasements can be quite annoying at times, but I try to let them run its course since breaking out costs me power.

Regardless of role, it's all about the player and who you're up against. Now I can't clip and spam combos/powers out like a lot of the "elite" players because I'm actually a human and can feel pain in my fingers if I try to mash buttons that quick. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

Thanks, we were doing the best we could without a troller. When we started queueing I was giddy seeing all the healer icons, then realized we were going to be hurting for power after the first few seconds of an encounter lol! There was an 8v8 that was especially daunting (no freaking clue how I didn't die in it).

I think everyone has problems with Tanks and Healers, it's just the way those classes function. The key, like you said, is to attrition them down. That takes skill and patience, the latter of which is hard to come by in such a fast-paced game.
  10. Deathmark New Player

I do not rememebr the last time i won against a tank that was geared about the same as me. I honestly do not. Maybe i never have.
  11. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

It's exhausting work, and more often than not I end up conceding the fight to them anyway.
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

I always cringe when I face a healer or another tank in 1v1's. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've gone 5 for 5 with no winner. Nowadays if I can tell they are the better player but neither of us has enough of an edge to win a round I will just concede after the first round so I can go ahead and move on to the next match (I want my Marks, demmit! lol)
  13. Furious Wind Well-Known Player

I really would like to know which is the OP role.
    Like someone said "is about the player" but yeah gear and rsp make a big difference in a duel.
    I normally play DPS (hard light), not probably a beast, but competitive for sure.
    I'm now working on logistic gear and well... If I beat a Tank it means he SUCKS as player or for a lower gear. It happens, but rarely, like it has to be.
    If I beat a healer, well the same story said for tanks..
    The only role quite similar to dps is Troll, u hit harder, but he can debuff your defense and attack, so I've to say is quite a fair match.
    So why we see so may Ice Tanks, Gadget Trolls and Sorcery Healers? Cause they are maybe beAst powerset/role? :)
  14. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Lantern ,electric ,gadget DPS have so many stunt powers and overpowered dmg u can be the best skiller in the world but still playing as healer u will always lose with this 3 powers .Now i have full t 5 gear when i fight with ather person who have t 5 its almost imposible to kill anyone becouse healers dmg is freaky low.Critical dmg 300 when people have over 9000 hp in t 5 gear u can count how many times i must hit to kill and when people use soders i wish you good luck .I dont know who testing this game but for sure its not working good.
  15. One_Man_Army New Player

Sorry, if that healer had 2000 skill points while you had only 150, my money's on the healer, lol. We're talking hundreds of restore, health, power, precision, might, and even vit and dom boosts to what little you would have. 2000 skill points is just too much to overcome with 150 skill points for any player. In fact, for you to beat someone with 2000 skill points, the one with 2000 skill points would have to b sleeping, lol. Fortunately, skill points don't go that high. Also, there more to skill than that. Skill also involves strategy. Skill points are part of that strategy. IMO not enough people in this game actually go into pvp with strategy in mind.
  16. Mad9 New Player

True. Although, I did not mean anyone literally having 2000 Skill Points.