Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

...that there ..spot on.... I do believe they nailed it to the doorframe... ;)
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Been through a major game change in which certain aspects that some (but not all) players loved were removed.

Didn't really go over very well.

It's just a really bad idea.
    • Like x 1
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Some stuff people Suggested over the past years:
    1) PvP bonus weeks
    2) New PvP seasons
    3) A PvP revamp
    4) PvP soft revamp to bring back old mechanics like rock paper scissors and control the OP abilities
    5) New PvP options for new players to get gear so they don't get steamrolled
    5) New PvP rewards
    6) New PvP gear with reused style
    7) New PvP gear with new style
    8) PvP map rotations with bonus for content every week
    9) Fixing Legends PvP bugs and doing tournaments with both Legends PvP and Arenas
    10) Giving players a way to get PvP feats in PvE
    11) Letting players buy feats with marks of valor so they can spam solo and duo PvP content

We had a few responses from the devs in the past year/year and a half about PvP, nothing to be excited about:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    • Like x 3
  4. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Yeah I can already tell you have 0 PVP feats. I'm guessing you haven't read much of the thread either because you've clearly missed out the point where many people have said I would love to do the feats, but in order to do them we need to be able to get queued into the instances!! Go and queue 8v8 right now and tell me how long it takes you to get put in. I can almost guarantee you'll be waiting at least a few days. I'm nearly at 600sp, I'm all for earning feats. However, when it gets to the point where feats are nearly unobtainable due to queue times, you have to ask the question which is 'what's going to be done about this?'. And since the answer from the devs is probably 'nothing', we're not left with many solutions. Either give us the feats, give us a bonus week, or fix PVP so people actually play it again.
    • Like x 1
  5. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Yup. Not asking for a "free ride" just gimme a chance to "earn the damn car" at least. Currently and for a LONG time now; "YEARS" actually it has been near impossible.
    • Like x 2
  6. King Bakes Well-Known Player

As I said, look at how long it's taken them to fix a simple bug in the Atlantis solo which caused constant deaths.

PVP would be a much bigger project. There is absolutely no way the devs will put their focus on that (not anytime soon anyways) because that would mean they would stop focusing on PVE which is primarily what makes them lots of $$$.

I think a graphics update is meant to be coming out at the end of 2021 or in 2022, this is obviously going to be huge and very time consuming. Realistically we're still going to be having this discussion in years to come and we'll probably still have the same few very brief responses which you just listed above from Mepps (I hope this isn't the case).
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Im still missing a few last laugh feats, if they were given away I'd still stand to gain a skill point, but I still don't want it that way.

You're just leaping to the most effortless solution here because it seems to me that's what you'd rather do, no matter what.

There's no justificatio for just handing things out when meaningful alternative solutions exist

Also you keep trying to imply that because i did these feats ages ago that they were somehow effortless and that somehow that makes the achievement less worthy and therefore I shouldn't oppose giving them away because I had it easy...

Im sorry im just never ever going to support giving away feats because you're struggling with them.
    • Like x 4
  8. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I'm not leaping towards anything. Read my previous post I said there's 3 solutions.

Either give us the feats, give us a bonus week, or fix PVP so people actually play it again.

I'd be happy with any of the above. I'm just not ok with this 'we'll ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist' approach from the devs.

I'm not at all saying that the feats you did were effortless so I don't know where you got that idea from. What i'm saying is, when you did the feats you didn't wait days and days for queue times, which is the case if you tried getting the feats now. The feats weren't necessarily 'easier' a few years back at all, but the queues popped frequently. Nowadays the queues don't pop at all.

You can oppose the giving feats away solution all you like. It's not the only solution and i've repeatedly said it's not the only thing i'd get behind. And that last statement you made is not entirely true. I'm not 'struggling' with the feats themselves. I'm struggling with the fact it takes years on end to get put in an 8v8.

So how do we go about getting the devs attention in regards to a bonus week?
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Community consensus would be nice.

Also it's hard to want to run a 8v8 when there's no real solid anti-cheating software in place.

Lower your expectations and try working with the five other people still interested in running PVP, as opposed to pissing off the long-term "I used to kill people daily" folks by asking for free feats would also be a good approach.

You're not the only person who wants to see viable PVP, but people need to understand that "their PVP" may not look like "our PVP", and almost none of the recommendations for fixing pvp look like that - they all look like very targetted recommendations for returning to a form of PVP that was beneficial to them, personally, as opposed to just saying "I want things to be playable; it doesn;t have to be ideal, it just has to be present".

Right now? The PVP forum is full of the PVP-build equivalent of the guys who still complain about GU 36 because "jump cancel Hard Light no longer rules the earth". Let go of what was or you will never get to what can be, put up with what is and make it work until then.
    • Like x 2
  10. King Bakes Well-Known Player

You're mistaken. I'm not interested in running PVP whatsoever. I couldn't care less for PVP.

If PVP was fixed and it lead to people playing it again then sure I'd play it simply to get the feats (no matter how long this takes... I'm fine with grinding). If they're getting upset over me giving a few solutions - one of which is free feats - then I recommend they stop being snowflakes tbf an get a grip.

Whether they agree on free feats or not, that does not change the fact that queue times are a joke right now which makes it nearly impossible to get these feats.
  11. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Think of this from a business perspective.

You have 2 sides of the business. One side of the business is extremely successful, it has tons of customers and is making thousands of $$$ every single day.

The other side of the business used to be popular, however it died out a few years back due to some issues. A lot of customers have said that they'd be happy if these issues were rectified and think that this would make this side of the business popular again. However, this side of the business actually makes no money whatsoever and would require a lot of time and effort to fix the known issues.

As the business owner, would you invest your employee's time trying to fix part of the business which doesn't bring in any income just to keep a few old customers happy? Or would you invest heavily into the one side of the business which is very profitable and try to attract new customers to make even more profit?

There is the argument that by fixing those issues, it could attract plenty of new and old customers again, but it's a risk. Also by fixing these issues, your employees may not be able to focus on developing new content which could lead to a decrease in customers overall and a loss of money if their needs are not being met.

If I was the business owner, I'd scrap the side of the business that makes no money and focus on making as much as possible.

I can't help but feel that's exactly what's going on right now with PVP. I don't see it ever being fixed.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I didnt mean to imply you were struggling skill wise, just that you were struggling to obtain them in whatever capacity.

In terms of getting the devs attention, we keep asking..

Pvp events don't even have to wait, they could run along side pve events.
  13. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Someone suggested they could even make 1 win count for 10 for example. Can't remember who it was maybe it was you.

But I think this would be a good idea. Still doesn't really solve the queuing/lack of players issue though.

I just wish the devs would actually respond... it would make it so much easier to come up with a solution which benefits everyone, instead of arguing amongst ourselves.
  14. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Sorry its gone past 4am my brains stopped working. This was meant to say the 1 win counting for 10 could be permanent. It doesnt even need to be an event.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if you don't care for PVP? Whatever - but that paints your request as a blind SP grab.

And that's a crap move.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yea that was me ;)

I not completely unreasonable lol, I'd just rather see players do at least something to get the feats :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Hopefully the new company does not think like you (wich makes no sense btw), I’m really tired of reading this bad arguments.
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

People would definitely care, because contrary to popular belief, people still like, and participate in pvp. Also, duels and pvp are not the same, they differentiate in a handful of ways, with one of the glaring differences being artifacts, arts are enabled during duels, which isn’t the case for arenas
    • Like x 3
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Wait, you’re describing players who take a different view to you as “weirdos” in the very same week you posted this?

Lol
    • Like x 2
  20. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Yea because what im saying has to do with development, and the quality of content that we are given. Stop pocket watching why do u care if they grant people feats for a dead game mode they’ve said multiple times they wont fix.. do you know how people are getting these pvp feats? They’re queing in with bots and getting them that way, i play on playstation and cant have a dark soldier # 1 , 2 & 3 to get them feats

And yes. If the styles dont get better im 100% gone