Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

You can promise that deleting out is easier, but in the same sentence you admit you have no idea what it actually involves... :confused:

Since were open to the idea of just deleting pvp right, here's an equal idea, how about we don't delete pvp, but instead just hide all the pvp feats from anyone that doesn't have them, so those players don't have to be driven insane by their OCD of "must get those feats".

The people that have the feats can keep them and those that don't will never even know they're missing them, cool,? :)
    • Like x 2
  2. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Sorry just to be clear, I never said anything about deleting PVP. That would take a huge amount of effort and yes a fix would probably be easier than deleting PVP itself. HOWEVER, it's been pointed out time and time again that the devs do not give a **** about PVP. It's probably never going to be fixed... let it go. There's been a million and one posts about 'when is PVP going to be fixed'. And has there been any mention of this by the devs? No. They don't want to fix it end of.

Also, yes we can still get queued into 1v1s and 2v2s every once in a while because that only requires 2-4 players. Trying to get queued into 8v8s is pretty impossible. Anyone saying 'well go get a couple groups to farm the feats then'... you've literally highlighted the point I was making earlier. Getting 2 groups of 8 to queue for the PVP feats isn't actually 'earning' anything... it's simply exploiting the lack of people queuing for PVP and cheating to get the feats done. There is no difference between being given the feats for free and getting groups together to cheat to get the feats.

Proxystar I'll be honest you clearly want PVP to come back to life but I just don't see this happening. Your argument for people not being given the feats is pretty much 'I had to earn them so you can too'. And whilst i'd love to, it's not really feasible at this moment in time. If the devs were to give out the PVP feats for free because they dont want to fix PVP, then yeah it would upset a few people (you being one of them), but by leaving PVP the way it is and not doing anything with it is probably equally upsetting for players because none of you are even playing PVP anyways so what's the big deal?
  3. King Bakes Well-Known Player

1.) People have been asking for a fix for years. Has a fix ever been done? No. Will a fix ever be done? Probably not. It's not like this discussion has never been spoken of before... it has... plenty of times... and nothing is ever done about it. So yeah I can sit in HOD and ask for a fix just like you said. But it won't actually change anything because the devs dont care about PVP.

2.) No one said we were 'entitled' or we 'deserve all the feats for free'. It's not about deserving anything. There's a simple fact which is that next to no one queues for PVP on EU server anymore (not talking about 1v1s or 2v2s). I can't speak on behalf of US server. A lot of you are arguing that we should go and get a couple groups to get these feats but as I said in my last post... getting 2 groups to do these feats isn't really in the spirit of PVP it's basically cheating just to get feats. So if the devs aren't going to do anything with PVP, there is absolutely no reason to not give us the feats other than a few of you crying because you farmed PVP when it was active a few years back. Get over it.
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Anything is cool by me since I don't care at all. But yeah, I will continue to believe that having one dev do the deleting is much easier than a team balancing, testing, rebalancing, listening to feedback that has never agreed, testing some more and keeping pve content from happening. Prove me wrong and I'll mail you a cookie. Cool?
    • Like x 1
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm not a coder (nor do I play one on television) so if this isn't feasible just say so.

Why can't there be two sets of coding for how attacks work.

1) What we have now for PvE
    2) Dust off the old code and slightly change it and that's what we use with PvP

No, it's not perfect but wouldn't this fix probably 90% of the issues we're having now?
    • Like x 1
  6. King Bakes Well-Known Player

No idea mate. But it's taken how many years to fix the issue where the crown of thorns kept killing us in the Atlantis solo? That was probably a very simple fix yet look how long it took... I don't have much hope for PVP i'll be honest. It's probably bottom of their priority list (if it's even on the list at all).
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You say this isn't about entitlement then list xyz reason as to why you think exactly that...

Those are you listing reasons as to why you think you're entitled to those feats despite never undertaking the task.

If you undertake the task you get the reward, if you don't want to undertake the task for whatever reason, irrespective of what that is then there's absolutely no reason why you should get the reward, Get over it.
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

And when that deleting ***** everything else in the game requiring the rest of the dev team to help fix the mess, because of how intertwined it all is... :) i look forward to that cookie, cool.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It's not on the list lol. If it is, the list looks like something Santa is reading in the movies and it's alllllllllll the way down. Hopefully someday they just add the feats to the cr skip since everything in pve works fine so they don't have to dip into that reservoir.
    • Like x 1
  10. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Why don't you list your reasons as to why we shouldn't be given the feats other than 'I earned them years ago when PVP was active and therefore you shouldn't be given them'. I've said multiple times... the 1 key reason why we should be given them is because nobody plays PVP anymore due to issues which the devs do not want to fix, which means there are next to no queues at all making it near enough impossible to get the feats ESPECIALLY in 8v8. Getting groups together to get the feats is not a solution... they may as well just hand the feats out.

It's quite simple really, either the devs should fix PVP so people play it again and the feats are realistically obtainable again. Or they should just tell everyone 'we don't want to fix PVP' in which case they can either give us the feats or they can take you up on your silly idea of deleting the feats.

Slightly off topic but i'm a bit curious. What are your opinions on the 80th anniversary superman emblem? If you was online at the time obviously you got the feat but if you wasn't then you're never ever going to be able to get that feat. Do you think it's a case of tough luck or do you think that the feat should be given to everyone since it's no longer obtainable?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You mean, you need a reason other than, you didn't actually do the feat?

Also, yes, if you weren't there, you do not get the emblem and you do not get the feat, tough luck, just the same as back from the hack.
    • Like x 1
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

A bonus counter week for pvp would solve all of this. Actually this was brought to meeps attention on one post awhile back, and he responded by asking if we really wanted to that to be a option for one of the bonus weeks, but there wasn’t really that much support on that thread
    • Like x 2
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

And just outright deleting pvp is one of the most ridiculous ideas ever, especially when there’s people that still play it, even with it’s unbalances. 1’s and 2’s always pop 8v8’snot so much though
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I keep saying this, if people supported a real solution the problem would resolve itself.
    • Like x 1
  15. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I'm starting to think you're just biased on this topic now because you already have the feats. People on this thread who already have the feats have said there's not really any reason to not give us the feats due to the fact queues are non existent. You haven't really given any valid reason to oppose this, other than 'I put effort in so you can too'. Yes we all understand you put effort in to get the feats years ago when PVP was active and queues were not an issue. Congrats, I applaud you. *gives gold star*.

Now, moving back to the original post. The issue and the main reason why I said these feats should be given out is because no one is participating in PVP anymore. The bonus week is potentially a good idea and one I can get behind. The idea of a PVP fix is wishful thinking and I think you'll still be hoping for a fix way after this game's servers are shutdown for good.

So how do you propose going about getting this bonus PVP week? I'm pretty sure the devs have read most of this thread by now and I don't see any responses.
  16. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Either cough em up or make em available thru some other way of earning em because we all know they will never fix pvp and make it viable again. No money in it for 'em. Remember, these are folks who make you log in to get 5 dollars back as a "member benefit". ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. King Bakes Well-Known Player

People have been supporting a solution for years... the devs don't want to touch PVP with a 10ft pole.
    • Like x 2
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It sure is. But if players could still duel, would anyone really care? Like be honest, what's the point anymore? To go get some near useless sp for some players. So they won't bother. Which means the low sp players need to fill it up. So new players enter the game, keep in mind the game needs population, and they're met with hours long que times or smacked in seconds by a speed hacker or someone using some broken crap. Woooooooo sign me upppppp. That sounds super fun. I'm sure they've basically just been sold a lifetime sub.

Sp: new players come in get like 77 or 83? I don't remember. Either way, they're told that 600+sp exists. 600. They're already freaking out at the lists. But what if all those weren't there? Less stress not seeing endless pages of feats that you've heard are near impossible to get. Plus 600 is now maybe 500? I'm not sure but anything helps.

Now for the major one. If you're a dev, you want people to enjoy your game. So they play. And maybe pay. They don't pay in pvp. They won't be having any fun or enjoying themselves so they'll quit and leave.

I can literally go on and on with plenty of positives but it's a forum and all we'll do is whine and argue and get nowhere but go around for days and I just really don't care about this topic at all so enjoy
    • Like x 2
  19. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Facts.
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No PvP feats whatsoever here. In fact PvP is about the last thing I'd think of doing when playing the game, to the point where I avoid seasonal vendors when players with dueling flags are crowded around said vendors.

I agree with Proxystar. You want the feats? Earn them.

This isn't a situation like when they removed the original Valentine's Day content. You can still PvP and (I would guess) all the maps necessary for getting the feats are still in place. All that's left for you and others is to put in the necessary time and effort.

As for this...

People have been asking for solutions but could never come to any sort of consensus on WHAT that solution was/should be. That has played a significant part of why the devs have been reluctant to touch PvP with ANY length of pole. Get that consensus and you and others would be well on your way to getting that solution you seek.
    • Like x 3