Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. Yaiba Committed Player

Nowadays, to get pvp feats, we have to do trade win-loss which is not really pvp right :D
    • Like x 6
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Just had a convo last night, league mate trying to get more sp said “how bout pvp” & all i could do was laugh & be like, “well ya see, you will either

A: spend hours trying to queue

B: will encounter speed hackers as usual

C: will get randomly blue screened out in the middle w/ no linkdead feature & have to repeat from the beginning step”

Pretty much
    • Like x 4
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s the thing. Every time I join a group trying to do that, the queue never pops for some reason.
  4. Kilbane Active Player

Exactly this. The only time I see PVP in LFG is for trading wins which back in the day got people in trouble. I personally don't enjoy PvP never have, and having a bunch of SP locked behind it was always a bit of a rub for me. But, at least it was somewhat obtainable for people who enjoyed it. Now, you can't get them unless you basically cheat by trading wins. It's no longer PvP competition, it's a feat farm with other meatbags.

I wouldn't be opposed exactly to having like a permanent massive bonus like 10 or 25 credits per run towards a feat.. but really this isn't going to fix the fact that people will just setup trade groups to get the feats done. Nor will it suddenly re-invigorate the PvP scene or fix any of the major issues. I'm really not sure that this is better than just handing them out like they did with old valentines day event (and a few other deprecated) feats. This would also help close the enormous SP gap between new players and long time players.
    • Like x 2
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

If they gave out the feats, they should add a bunch more featless ones with titles, & featless styles. Worked for Survival. (No im not voting for handouts, just saying if they did, they should add those. Ppl who actually enjoy pvp will go for them, ppl who do not will not be losing anything from it)
    • Like x 2
  6. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Exactly this.

People arguing that the feats shouldn't be given out (because they already have the feats) need to realise that points A and B that you made make PVP feats nearly unobtainable. I'm seeing so many people argue that they shouldn't be given out 'because I had to earn them legit so why shouldn't you?'. The reason is because you farmed the feats when PVP queues actually popped. They don't pop anymore. And if they do pop, chances are there's a speedhacker in there so you'll end up leaving anyways.

I've said it plenty of times, YES I would prefer a bonus week if it actually got people playing PVP. Because that would mean the feats can be earned if enough people play. However, with the game the way it currently is, something needs to be done. By the sounds of it this discussion has been going on for years now... and nothing has been done since a few years ago when they did a bonus PVP week and brought out Belle Reeve or whatever.

I'll be honest I don't think they're ever going to fix PVP. Whenever I see a dev comment on a forum, their answer is always 'we have no plans to fix PVP yet'. By saying this, they're kind of avoiding the question as to whether it will ever be fixed at all. It's a simple yes or no really. So if they don't plan on fixing it, and they don't want to give us a bonus week (which is still a good idea btw), then I don't see how anyone on this forum can complain about people being given the feats for free.

In a way this kind of reminds me of the argument about open episodes. Loads of people said 'I bought those episodes so why should they now be given to everyone for free'.
    • Like x 6
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It would end on PvP feats. There is no logic reason to think they would start giving out random feats that can be attainable in-game today or feats that were exclusive or even exclusive title feats (like the 8 player SM ones).

Players are asking for PvP feats because PvP is broken and there is (almost) no way to get the feats properly. Even if you try getting 8/10/16 people (Which is already a giant issue, since you need to do it from 50 to 100 times on each map that has feats without the group falling apart) to trade wins, the queue might not pop for some reason and I don't have to mention it's not intended to trade PvP wins.
    • Like x 2
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

Given that they give out about 80SP of old feats to players who buy or are given a CR skip, there’s reason to believe that giving out of feats wouldn’t be off the table after any decision to give out PvP feats.

The principle of feats used to be that they a) can be earned and b) that players should have to earn them. From the launch of the first CR skip, that principle was abandoned. I don’t share your confidence that PvP would be some once-in-a-lifetime exception, and I don’t accept your assertion that there’s no logical reason why that should be so.

Nobody could accurately state that earning PvP feats is impossible. It’s just difficult and time consuming.
  9. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I think "time consuming" is a bit of an understatement. Are you telling me I should just sit in the hall of doom 24/7 in the hope of a queue popping and also that there isn't a speedhacker in the group? Because I genuinely think I'd reach 50 years of age before reaching 50 wins on each map (I'm in my 20s lol).

Clearly by the sounds of it you already got the PVP feats when PVP used to be popular? So let me ask you, put yourself in the shoes of someone who is playing the game today and doesn't already have the feats. Would you be willing to do all of those feats again knowing that you'd be lucky to get only a few queues per week? It doesn't take a genius to know that this would take such a long time to the point where you'll probably just give up and stop trying because it's not even fun nor is it really worth the effort.

And as someone previously said, apparently trading wins isn't actually allowed and resulted in bans for other players. It also defeats the purpose of PVP. It's not competitive at all. It doesn't resolve any issues with PVP. The feats may as well be given out for free instead of trading wins surely? By trading wins you're not 'earning' anything. No skill is involved whatsoever. In all fairness it's basically cheating.

So other than the bonus week, the only other solution I see is for them to be given out (since a PVP fix is probably not on the table).
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I think you should continue to sit in hall of doom and ask for a real fix not just ask for a free handout to appease your completionist desire to have every feat in the game even though theyre diminishing in terms of what they're giving you.

There's absolutely no urgency in this that requires a cheap nasty fix like handing out feats for free.

The only reason people want them free is because deep down they don't want to actually play pvp, but they still want the feats

Ask for a proper fix.
    • Like x 8
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Happy to respond to your questions.

If you want the Hall of Doom wins feats, seek out other players who want them too and organise groups with them. That’s how I did those feats. If you’re saying that it’s very difficult to get into that content by blind queueing (which you are) and that more recent players can’t get into 8v8 maps (which you are), then you’re also saying that there’s a demand for such groups in the community. You could help yourself and others by building groups.

I stated in an earlier post when I got my PvP feats, in the 18 months leading up to stats revamp. This was because I joined the game 18 months before stats revamp. I didn’t complete almost all PvE feats first and then complain I couldn’t get the PvP ones, I worked on them together. Whether you would define that as within the period “when PvP was popular”, I don’t know. I personally wouldn’t, it was already broken by that stage. I achieved the feats through a combination of normal queuing and LFG. For the 8v8 feats, there were occasions where I was involved in trading wins. I had no idea this was considered unacceptable by the devs. I’ve never known anyone be sanctioned or banned for it. But the point is, this was only an element of it. I spent many hours getting my behind kicked, learning how PvP worked and gaining marks, then I became mediocre, and then quite good at PvP. I had a lot of fun along the way and there were many hours involved.

Would I be willing to do those feats knowing I would only get a few queues a week? I wouldn’t do it that way. I would hit it hard between DLCs, when it is easier to get players for old feats. For most dedicated players there is a window of 1-3 months between the DLCs for situations like this. Me, I have a sad and pointless aim to have every OP piece in my bank. In between DLCs, I try to do the 4 pieces of content which drop the ones I need as an ultra rare every week. It’s a long term project.
    • Like x 3
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Delete pvp and the feats. Someone needs to just man or woman up and cut ties already. It's dead and rotting, time to put it 6 feet under. It's an embarrassment to the game really and puts a glaring spotlight on so many issues. Shut down the pvp portion of the forum. No one gets the free sp, players can keep titles and styles or whatever. Losing the sp from it means almost nothing with how much sp is in the game. Simple, easy, and no more "fix pvp" "no plans at this time" "give out feats".

All arguments against this idea will be about how things were earned. That's cool. I earned a lot of things in games that I played 5 to 10yrs ago. Was fun. Moved on. Try it. Not a big deal. I'll lose some too. But now 300sp "noobs" would only be like 150sp away from op land. Even tho almost no toon really benefits from more than 400
  13. Proxystar #Perception

So because you don't have them, no one should have them.

Solid selfish logic right there.
    • Like x 5
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

What’s your message to someone who earned PvP feats, say, in the last year? ”I can’t be bothered doing them so you shouldn’t have them?”

Stop pretending everyone is either someone who did the feats when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and had a great time racking up the feats blind queueing/with minimal effort/when PvP was amazing and perfect OR a poor victim of circumstance, deserving of redress, all the violins and hard luck platitudes.
    • Like x 4
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Hard pass.

I was running singles and doubles literally two nights ago. I got most of my duel feats already but I still need about 1890 ish more heads on the wall for my 10K Kills.

This is no more a solution than "hand it out for free", and were we to pick one of the two, I'd really rather have the rest of what I was working on, instead of suddenly having literally 1,000 hours of playtime vanish because "you personally can't be *****".

PVP has issues and to be perfectly blunt the best fix is "autoban all third party software interactions in gameplay" to solve the cheating thing, and then "let people fight it out using the crap they have now" after that, because no one can agree exactly on what the best fix is.

But just get rid of it doesn't work; it's a lazy, selfish response.
    • Like x 3
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Dueling still works, and people still run 1v1 and 2v2 daily.

It's not perfect, but it IS a start.
    • Like x 1
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'll quote you since I'll respond to yours 1st. Earned in the last year? Was it fun? So that's something. Not sure why playing and having fun can't be reason enough.

Lazy selfish response: I don't need nor want anymore from pvp. Not asking for them either. Just giving my opinion on the topic. Last I heard, that was allowed.

Gonna reiterate to make it clear for y'all: I've got tons of sp. I've got no dogs in this fight. OP made a post, I put my opinion. The game has ignored pvp for over 5yrs. The game will continue to ignore it. So throw it away. That's what happens to useless things.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Deleting pvp would require as much development effort, if not more, than just making a reasonable attempt to fix it.

The way some of you think **** in game can be deleted like it's pressing the delete key on the keyboard is so so stupid it's not even funny, do you seriously think deleting pvp from this game without trashing fundamental aspects of the code is that easy? I mean really??

The way people are going on about speed hacking like it happens 100% of pvp instances as well is such hyperbolic nonsense it makes it obvious the primary reason you don't have pvp feats is because you've never placed a foot in there because otherwise you'd know that's not true.

I think what really happened to the people that believe that sort of thing is that queued in and got their face smacked by someone and errantly thinking they were better than they were they assume everyone must be 'speedhacking, because 'imma god and no one could possibly beat me without cheating!'.

Here's an idea, if you want pvp feats how about you go a tank or healer power for a month or two and put in some effort, fire and atomic are obviously pretty powerful, if you're a troll too mental isn't terrible in pvp either.

Some of you people just want to perpetually sit here and whinge and cry about it but don't want to actually do anything other than scream at the devs about how entitled you are, how you deserve all the feats for free and how all the people that have the feats must be pvp dinosaurs who got them during easy mode years and can't possibly understand your struggles..

Is that the reality check you needed?
    • Like x 3
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Hahaha came to see the weirdos talk about how feats should be earned not given. They didn’t disappoint. Saw someone say they should do a bonus week for pvp. These players can remember everything a dev says but the things they cant use to push their agenda. I remember a green say they’re hesitant to do anything regarding pvp right now, & those saying they should do a bonus week probably remember them saying this but wanna be odd balls.

I know people who take off work to play the game on content days. I understand there are people who have a ,,,, probably unhealthy addiction to the game. Its those players who get on here and flex their sp and call themselves elite. Pocket watch other players for spending money on artifacts and time capsules.... Weirdos if you ask me.

Personally think the devs should grant anything related to pvp. If not because its the right thing to do, but because it will knock these forum thugs down a notch. Im tired of them, these same 5 players creating a hostile environment in every thread by new/casual players.
    • Like x 1
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Having trouble figuring out of you're talking to me in that last sentence... I don't need a reality check. You may. Is deleting something easy? Beats me but I can promise deleting is easier than fixing so best option is to just ignore it and let all newcomers to the game hate it and quit. Whatever, not my concern or slight care how this pans out. All I know is, you don't showcase your worst feature so double or triple events are doubtful. Hell, a dev hasn't responded to a pvp post since early 2020.
    Also, definition of selfish:
    : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others

So not sure why my idea is selfish while I'm not asking for anything or caring what happens... but I can promise op and others are considering the "against" crowd selfish. Weird how doors swing both ways