Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I mean, I blind queue old alerts and Raids frequently, I'm usually running solo so I have the PUG experience and to be frank, while things aren't popping instantly they do still pop, and I've had an shorter time getting into Demon's Plan, Phantom Zone, and Gotham Zoo lately than I have getting into the actual Flashpoint Raids. I know experience in this instance is subjective but it's far from being a lost cause.
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

My biggest issue with solo ques is that it’s another thing added to the game that takes up space but brings nothing new to our gameplay. This is a much easier route to take then making a new progression system. Its been 10 years, the UI is bad and needs a rework, the feats system gatekeeps new players and its been years since water came out and we got anything new to our gameplay or user experience.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps, I'm not convinced though because if that were true, why are queues still struggling even though we've had open episodes now for about 2 years?

I think newer players either need to be somehow forced to experience some of the older content or more heavily motivated to do so through some kind of additional rewards

That's why I've always thought having a game wide reward would be beneficial to all players, new and old, something like quarks dropping from every boss and then the quark vendor also being upgraded with unique rewards as well as obviously time capsule stuff.

This rewards players for actually playing the whole game. This could even include PVP.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I could see that.

I think part of why queues struggle is raw player drop off. Even new content queues struggle at the moment.

We get new players who see a free superhero MMO, and then come into it and discover a toxic player base and a very heavy "pay in or grind 24/7" expectation in order to progress afterwards - it's off-putting. I quit for two years over the direction things were going in, I'm back now mostly because "pandemic closures mean more disposable income" and to be blunt, without some steep, meaningful changes to progression that's probably what'll happen once things open back up somewhat.

I love the game, but pretending like everything works is active self-deception.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only issue I see with that is that people already have reason to go back. They get skill points. Putting in more reward could actually have a negative impact of making players have to run them and ignore alts. Alts in general are already lagging behind more and more. And the gap gets bigger with what seems to be every new feature they add. Artifacts make some people give up on alts. The boss grinding in open world also pushed people slightly back from alts being as good as main toons.

The new reward would have to be something that benefits players of cr but not high cr toons to the point it becomes another most do in the daily/weekly routine. Not saying I completely disagree with the points you made. I’m just raising my concerns
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

For sure, not everything works, as for the "toxic player" base I think that tends to only be present in very end game, I would assert at least in my experience certainly that the more casual you are the less toxic it really is (notwithstanding of course toxicity exists within every MMO)

That's why I suggest quarks, they're account bound and not tied to any character, they would reward the player for literally playing everything on any character, at any time :)
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Apologies, must have missed that part
    • Like x 1
  8. Mertal Defer Level 30

I stopped reading at making it more casual so everyone can get into elite content this game stay dumbing down every bit of content each year it gets worse. What exactly is the point of elite content if anyone can get into it and do it this game is getting worse and worse.
  9. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I think pvp content should be work on again. But it been awhile since anything feat related been added to pvp.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mertal Defer Level 30

Glad people taking a stand this game would get thrown in the bushes faster then Uncle Phil was throwing out Jazz if they start selling SP.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

A little late but what’s a more reasonable buy point
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the one that already exists. 77 SP with a CR skip, go buy the rest from the quark vendor.
    • Like x 2