An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Roomba Dedicated Player

Nice, it sounds like it's on point then. Half a good dps + very modest power usage I'd say is pretty fair (we'll see how the other tanks are 'adjusted' in off roles :p).

Did a UME with me battle tanking, 1 troll, 1 heal, and some of my favorite DPS on USPC. Trigon was nearly dead ny the time the first adds came out. It was beautiful.

I can't wait to try this stuff out in SM (early rounds), **** is robust.
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

You're braver than me lol. I basically only breakout my battle tank for alerts
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

Someone messaged me a question, and while I will keep him anonynous, i encoyrage him akd others to post questions on the guides, thats exactly what theyre here for. Answers, and so the community can fact check those answers.

Hey there, First off, I have 9k Might in my battle tank spec, not my main tank spec. The two are specced differently.

For BATTLE TANKING stat prioritization: Might = Dom > Dmg Crits (rate/mag)> HP > Power/Prec Using this, I spec into as many dom and might things as possible, which is a lot easier given my 237 SPs, which you may not have yet.

SPs make or break hybrid builds as it is right now, so you will likely not have as good experience as some if you're SPs are still low
  4. Dogico Loyal Player

So long as someone has enough sp for the damage crits they'll be fine. Raw stats are icing. Like, I think people can make a battle tank spec their main spec with Atomic. Definitely couldn't do that with Earth or Fire.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So im thinking of switch my tank alt to atomic but I have a question first. Please tell me the combo side of the power does better dps then the 123 side. I'm ice now but I can't even bring myself to lvl him up cause there is no way I can ice dps it's just to boring and sad of a play style for me.
  6. Avian Dedicated Player

I have tested AS-TE combo vs. TE-BS on the 10 second parses and so far I'm getting more damage out with TE-BS. For AS-TE I used full combos on both powers so I don't know if that's the reason why I'm getting lower numbers from that rotation. With TE-BS I'm using Roomba's rotation (TE 1 combo, BS full combo).
    • Like x 1
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

I do dps a little different than most that I've seen here. I don't combine the Geiger and combos on the same loadout,instead I have 2 armories for dps. My combo armory consists of ;
    Thermochemical explosion, beta surge, proton remedy, atom powered assault, atom splitter, energize
    My Geiger loadout is just 3 range moves, Geiger blast and beam, and atom powered assault. I use Geiger for trash that is going to die quickly and combos for ever else. My combo rotation is tce and bs (the Roomba romp). Will use as and tce rotation in situations with no tank and lots of adds due to how much they lunge and interrupt bs.
  8. BatFatman Active Player

Here's a pug run i had of DPR tanked the entire alert and came out on top of both dps.

9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Please take no offense but that group was trash those guys knees were broken
    • Like x 1
  10. BatFatman Active Player

lol i agree no worries
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

Both are viable. Roomba's rotation is a few pages back if you'd like to try it, you can stick with TE-AS, or go Geiger if you'd like. Haven't tested for this specifically but I think Geiger may be better for single target boss fights when spamming the finisher. Would have to check though.

Beta Surge's base damage is lower than either of the melee combos, and the first combo of Thermochemical Explosion does less damage than the second combo. Despite this a TE-BS combo outdamages a TE-AS combo because the former is faster, resulting in more hits. A rotation with AS, TE, and BS could be as fast if all of the first combos are clipped but without any full combos in the rotation (BS is the main combo in Roomba's rotation) I doubt it would do more damage.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dogico Loyal Player

How is Atomic fairing in SM on test? That's Atomic's last stress test.
  13. Snix Dedicated Player

Any know the set-up for getting base damage numbers on PC Test? Figured I'll do it since I have time on my hands.
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

You are going to want to get your cr to and 126 have the max damage mod equipped. Don't have neck Might HT mod equipped and don't have league proficiencies.

You are going to want to plug in your damage to an equation like this.

[(Damage / (1+Might*0.0045)] / 0.85 )/ 1.6

The first part, (Damage / (1+Might*0.0045), undoes the effect of Might on your damage.
    The next part, /0.85, undoes the effect of the 15% mitigation a sparring target's Defense provides.
    The last part, /1.6, undoes the effect of the damage modifier. I suggested equipping max damage so that you do not have to keep changing the number for each power. If you happen to have core strength equipped as well you can change it to /1.7.
    • Like x 2
  15. Snix Dedicated Player

Ahh thanks for the explanation. Doesn't seem too difficult.
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

To avoid the last part don't use a hand mod and switch to support role.
  17. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

So been thinking about trying atomic. Did the changes to its tank side help it survive better?
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

Need to see how it fares in SM but as of right now Atomic is a great tank power.
    • Like x 1
  19. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Feel like a traitor to earth even coming to this thread to be honest haha
  20. Dogico Loyal Player

I don't miss blocking.
    • Like x 2