An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Snix Dedicated Player

I've gotten 60k/s + with both of rotations without RSK. In my testing it only happens when you get a combination of high crits and high crit chance. This may be better suited for a Tunso Test imo.
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

I'll test again and post my findings. Initially when you described TCE as one click I though you meant cast once from tray, I didn't know you meant combo once. But yeah I'll give this another go with more numbers and see what I come up with.
  3. Vodka Committed Player

Not sure where to talk about this.

I'm guessing Atomic got a ninja nerf? At least on the 1234. Practicing on the sparring target, crits are nearly nonexistent now and I'm doing 3K less damage on those rare few that do crit. Ouch.
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

I haven't really noticed a difference. Did you make sure your league prof and tac mods were up?
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

How I like to use the combo DPS side;

Advance warning this is not "the" load out it is not min/maxed it is versitile and caters to my play style and I enjoy it a ton.....

Thermonuclear explosion
    Beta surge
    Electron Flare (this is replaceable if your not comfortable in melee distance) *
    Atom Powered Assault
    Fracture/Radiation Burn/Energize **
    Nuclear Burst ***

Before we get to be asterisks and replaceable choices, I prefer energize as my supercharge of choice, it's not your traditional DPS straight damage supercharge but the combo DPS for atomic is unique in that your aura is an imperative. I will activate energize before fights, during fights if I get cc'd and the aura doesn't fire, or if the aura drops in combat to get it back as soon as possible. In that vain I find it more valuable in most content then radiation burn but radiation is decent damage in my opinion and running with a solid group of friends I usually carry the 50% super.

* Electron Flare is a player centered DOT and I usually activate this by clipping the second tap of my first combo and immediately clipping APA with atom powered assault. If you are in melee distance it hits everything your close to and is a nice DOT and I love the animation it is cool.

** fracture/radiation burn/energize

This is my flex spot and quite honestly I use fracture here most of the time to move from mob to mob or reposition. It's not great damage but it is a teleport and I love the mobility. It's really wonderful in Duo's, I just love this skill. It's also a skill that will WM crit for those occasions when you run out of power, soders, or supply drops (it's rare but it happens and it seems to have a decent WM base value from the few times I've used it.

Energize is my super of choice this skill is just phenomenal, I lobied and lobbed on test for it to be 35 % super with a little damage and an aoe knock back, I still wish it had a knockback espcially in tank stance but this may be the best utility supercharge in the game . Instant aura plus heal is rather awesome. I haven't pvp'd with atomic but if I did I would carry energize it's just really really good.

Radiation Burn, your traditional 50% super, if you hit with all your buffs up its nice damage.

Nuclear Burst, is a second range atomic combo, this is where you get into my play style. It's definitely more DPS to carry the two melee combos and robot sidekick then to carry one melee and two range but lately I pug a lot and I like bring able to back up and range combo if the group is struggling. It just a prefrence thing for me.

I place my melee combos on my square key and range combo powers on my triangle key just yo make the combining easier. I also picked thermonuclear explosion over atom splitter because it seemed slightly faster and before the recent patch they were both 360 AOE, now TNE is a front conal AOE in stead of a 360.

They are both viable but your positioning has to be much better for TNE.

I really would have preferred they just fix screen blocking counters but no

Anyway enjoy guys it's not a leaderboard build but it is fun and hope you enjoy trying it out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Vodka Committed Player

...I could have sworn I just replaced those batteries. I feel like a fool now. :rolleyes:

As for the crits, I don't know if I'm just having really off luck. I had maybe 5 crits on my Geiger Beam in 50 rotations. Just before I logged off to inform you of my stupidity, I hit like 10 crits on it in a row.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    • Like x 1
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Highest Ive hit with your method is around 62k on 3 targets 10 seconds parse using rsk

It gets into the 55+ range but it's not all the time but yes it happens

I mainly use tcex2>asx2 rinse repeat

Seems like I duos and dolls this method is much better based on juggles etc...

I haven't raided with your method yet so I can't comment yet

Not to say your method isn't good by any means it's just on testing the average it hits is 48k-52k about the same average I get with tce>as

I think they have their places I can def keep my aura up better with your method I also like it in alert boss fights ...

I think for trash mobs is where we need to really focus on what works you want something that hits hard and is fast that's where you'll compete with powers like earth ... Geiger is def the better choice but Geiger you almost need all the range moves to not get interrupted as much
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

Just to make it clear, I agree that rotations are likely not the way to go on trash. I reserve combos for fights longer than ~10 sec or more.

Yeah comparing numbers between players outside of Tunso testing is going to be nearly useless, but we can use relative numbers.

So... 55+ range avg and 62k was your performance with that rotation, cool. What numbers do you get with AS > TCE?

I am curious to see what other people are getting.

Mind you, I already know the outcome. I use what I use on live, and I do very well. So if it doesn't come down to a clear cut dps gain on the targets, it's from other factors. Factors such as a purely melee combos will likely get interrupted more (especially in large pulls), easier aura management, who knows.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

The highest imgitbwhen I was 143 on tce>as was 55k average 48-52k

You're method highest was 62k average 48-52k
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm 147 now ill retest to reflect that
  11. Snix Dedicated Player

There parses are at:
    148 CR
    12220 Might
    Standard DPS Tact Mods Except Blast Adapter
    No Robot Sidekick

TCE > AS
    [IMG]

TCE > BS
    [IMG]

I want to do test this rotation a little more. I believe I can get better parses of it. I'll post what I get tomorrow.
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

Looks good so far. Again, you should mainly be getting 51 hits, obviously I still screw up and get 48s and under here and there still. I sat at the dummy until it was muscle memory before i took it into raids

Remember, not getting 51 is usually a sign of going TOO FAST (overclipping), not too slow.
  13. L T Devoted Player

Base heal for Proton Remedy was 65-75 for the burst + 11-14 per tick without aura (doubled with aura) when I tested for the Tank v Tank guide.
    Base heal for Unleash Antimatter was about 34-40.
  14. L T Devoted Player

Having used Fire so much, I figured Atom Splitter would be the only pull in my load-out, but it's so slow and so interruptable I gave up tanking with it.

AR - BS - TCE - NB - PR - APA (for Battle tanking/Alerts)

AR - BS - TCE - NB - PR - EN (for Raids)

Atomic Reorganization is a nice pull. Plus it teleports. How cool is that?
    Beta Surge is by block-breaker combo. I haven't found BS to be much better than the others, but don't leave home without one.
    TCE is the complement of BS. Much faster than atom splitter.
    Neutrino Blast is the first group break-out and an Aura short-cut.
    APA is a good aura short-cut for alerts.
    PR should be on any Atomic Tank's load-out. If you don't have this power, you're doing it wrong.
    Energize becomes essentially a second group break-out plus a burst heal plus an instant Aura short-cut. Since you're always doing combos, you're always building supercharge, and Energize is so cheap that it's always available by the time you get to the boss.

For Alerts, I use Core Strength chest mod. For Raids, I've been switching between Extended Supercharge and Quick Healing, depending on the party make-up.

General Tanking advice: Keep your aura active at all times-- don't even start a fight without it if you can help it-- and alternate between block-breaking and interrupting combos depending on what your enemies are doing. And really, keep your Aura active at all times.
    • Like x 2
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

It's funny. I'm reading your post and I'm like, "Wow, how cool is that. His tanking style sounds so different from mine, but it's obviously just as viable. It's great we have variety again"

And then I looked at our loadouts:

Atk 1, Atk 2, AR, NB, PR, ????

...and realized that it's basically the same XD, just the 6th we differ on. But it is cool that you do get some variation with which combos you choose to tank with.

We, and everyone else who has tanked so far, can certainly agree though that getting aura up BEFORE a fight is a great idea and keeping it up during a fight is mandatory. Treat the encounter like your wife: make sure it's up until they're done.
    • Like x 4
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Nice work everyone (specially Snix for putting this toghether). I really like when guides are starting and different people share what they are doing.

Thumbs up!
  17. L T Devoted Player

Yeah the differences aren't huge.

Usually when asked about a load-out, I usually give a checklist of things a load-out should have instead of a specific one. For Atomic Tanking the checklist (in my mind) is:
    • Proton Remedy
    • Melee Combo for interrupting
    • Range Combo for block breaking
    • Breakout
    • Pull
    If you have all of those things in your Atomic Tank loadout, it's probably workable.

If you choose to go with Atom Splitter (which is a melee combo and a pull) , a different, but workable load-out could be

AS - <ranged block-breaker combo> - Density - Proton Remedy - <breakout of choice probably Neutrino Blast> - Supercharge
    • Like x 1
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

I don't have the numbers on me but I was running 30 sec parses and averaging 141 hits over that time period (47 per 10 seconds). With practice I could get up to 50ish per 10 seconds. The 30 sec parses where I was averaging 141 hits did similar damage to my normal TCE->AS rotation, telling me that if I could get a little better with your rotation my damage would be higher.

Retesting it last night shows that your rotation is the highest damaging combo rotation currently but I don't think it's for me. I like to counter when the situation calls for it, and any counter with the TCE->BS rotation is mostly incidental. Plus I'm able to move better with my normal loadout. Might be easier to move on pc.
    Just as a personal preference I don't run with range combos. If I need to block break I'll just use my weapon. Plus I couldn't imagine running without AS.
  19. Snix Dedicated Player

I've found it does more damage as well. How much more? I don't know. One thing I know for sure is that TCE > BS will always net you 51 hits (60k/s+ if enough hits crit) if you clip optimally. For TCE > AS it's 42 hits (Can also hit 60k/s if enough hits crit) for optimal clipping.

I think TCE > BS is easier on PC as well.
  20. Roomba Dedicated Player

Yeah it's definitely not as simple or regular as AS/TCE.I enjoy the speed of this, especially when jump clipping between every step to move fluidly during a fight.