An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Snix Dedicated Player

Changelog:
    • Added the correct videos to the Melee Assault and Ranged Assault Loadouts
    • Started on the Battle Tanking section. Added videos. Still needs more work.
    • Small tweaks to format.

Anything else you guys want to see or add to the guide let me know.
    • Like x 3
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

Looking great so far, nice job
  3. Avian Dedicated Player

Are the crit healing chance/magnitude worth getting for tanking? The combo/aura heals are still not affected by those stats right?
  4. L T Devoted Player

The combo heals and aura heals are not affected by crits unless something changed while I wasn't looking. Getting all your crit heal points will result in, on average, 20% more healing from Proton Remedy and Unleash Antimatter. I'm not sure what % overall of self-healing those represent. If someone has a combat log from a raid and can run their healing numbers through the combat log analyzer, that might tell the community something.

My first feel, though, is that they're not so important for an atomic tank. In fact, since you're always attacking, I'd grab the crit damage points before the crit heal ones. In terms of skill point priority, I'd suggest
    1. Dominance
    2. Health
    3. Crit Damage
    4. Crit Heals/Restoration
    5. Might/Power

This is a question that's going to come up a lot. I think once you get far enough down the list, you probably have more skill points than you know what to do with anyway, but we should try to reach a consensus about the best way to spend skill points here.
  5. Roomba Dedicated Player

This. The only time I'm counting every last of my 237 SPs is when I'm touching up my battle tank spec.

For both full and battle tank I personally do:

1. Dom
    2. HP
    3. Crit dmg Rate/Chance
    4. Might
    5. Crit heals/Resto
  6. FutureCrusaderElite Level 30

My tank loadout is Atomic reorganization, Atom Splitter, Thermo, Proton, Density, and Beta surge. Breakout trinket . Don't need more than 1 aura shortcut just practice timing.
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

The desire for 2 aura shortcuts is not about practice, personally. It's about being a good raider and being prepared. Keeping up the aura is easy, but despite your best efforts it will drop here and there. Tank will die, or mobs that lose aggro will jump to you, and you will get interrupted or worse, and it's nice to have back up during those times. The reasons the two shortcuts are there are on my loadouts are secondarily for these examples, and primarily for their alternate functions such as the heal or breakout.

People running with 3 aura shortcuts and Energize however, well go for it. I've never had THAT much trouble with interrupts, and I don't think that the utilities provided from EACH of the shortcuts is essential.

As a closing thought, I may only put PR and Neutrino on my bars (for both tank and dps), as APA really doesn't add much damage at all and has 0 utility to speak up in DPS. Its only advantage is that it has the shortest CD of all aura shortcuts.

EDIT: Will duh, I'd have to keep APA for any Geiger rotation obviously. But I seldom use Geiger outside of solos/duos.
    • Like x 2
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

so im seeing you perfer to have the shield or SP shield instead of energize

i generally keep energize for when i cant combo and have lost my aura and if Im in a situation were i cant combo to get it back and i need it right then. plus the heal helps and its almost always available with all the combos we do
  9. Roomba Dedicated Player

I personally don't have a need for Energize. If I want to use a SC, I want one that will save the group. Mass Dens is so great IMO. The protection I gain is reliable, but it really does make it feel like you are really protecting your group rather than just wrangling some mobs.

As far as aura management as tank, I havent had a problem. The hardest fight is still BDe, but some combinations of the 2nd boss of DPE can be a nightmare for combos lol, but that's why I have neutrino.

Remember, to use a shortcut. You need to have those minimum requirements, but you don't get them by JUST doing a full combo, youre building them up all the time. So if I do get knocked down and my aura drops, it generally gets started immediately by Neutrino as soon as I break out with it.

Love the sig by the way.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

It's as simple as any other combo rotation, just faster. Still practicing it for times I can stand still but I'm currently unable to jump or move around while performing TCE->BS.
    The crit heal chance/mag only affects Proton Remedy and Unleash Antimatter so I'd pass on them. After messing around with Atomic more I think the most effective method for speccing would be Crit chance/damage--Dom--Health--Resto. Because of Atomic's buffs and playstyle increasing our ability to do damage is more useful than increasing our dom by 6 or health by 14.
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

This is the way I spec mine. Also wear dps hands and chest
  12. FutureCrusaderElite Level 30

I gotcha, but usually by the time i lose my aura for whatever reason Proton is of cooldown. Not diminishing anything, you've said of course. Just my 2 cents :) .
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

Why three combos?
    • Like x 1
  14. FutureCrusaderElite Level 30

3 reasons. 1: keeps you consistantly free from CC if you're constantly comboing
    2:2 melee combos means adds in close range are basically unable to do anything considering they're always dazed or knocked down.
    3: Range combo if enemy is blocking and you're concerned about keeping that aura up.

I personally believe you should always have at least 2 combos on the loadout in case the first gets interrupted. I have Beta Surge as the 3rd just in case the enemy starts spamming block
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

So by this quote doesn't that make it not as simple by comparison XD

I'm not saying it's hard, but the timing changes in clipping animations, the fact that it's a 3 range 2 melee combo vs. 3 melee/3 melee, and you're constantly repositioning as the radius sizes are way different, certainly make differences in the two rotations. I don't pretend to think you need to be super skilled to stand there and do this, but yeah, to use this rotation, position yourself optimally, and to and move fluidly like I do takes some time compared to AS/TCE, that's all.

And the great thing about it, is it seems to pay off! Even if you ignore MODEST dps increases on the dummies, it's more about the other factors (from my testing). I can't pin down what it is, but I do significantly better with this than TCE/AS in raids.

Pros
    TCE/AS
    -Power efficient
    -Wide radius
    -Crowd control aplenty
    -Easier to use

TCE/BS
    -More dps (depending on the user)
    -More frequent counters + counter damage (Unintentional at first, intentional when you get good) due to speed of rotatin
    -Not very vulnerable to blocks while still carrying the dps of a melee combo
    -(Subjective) Fun, feels like old school clipping when trying to move around.

Cons
    TCE/AS
    -Back loaded rotation, sucks if interrupted at the wrong times
    -Way mnore vulnerable to blocks

TCE/BS
    -Learning curve
    -Can potentially miss targets to the side
    -GHard to be mobile with this

As I said. I'm only campaigning my rotation because I think it's fun and it offers what the game has been missing: speed and a reward for using its speed. If you (not you specifically Dogico, but whoever reads this) only go by the target dummies, this rotation adds little. But everyone I talk to that spends time at the targets to get the muscle memory, and then goes to use it in a raid always /tells me or sends me a msg on here saying the same thing: Thank you. I haven't found anything that has made me want to use an easier rotation yet, just doesn't work a
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

Nah it's rotating two combos the same way most Atomic combo rotations do. It's just fast. The difficulty I'm running into is that I'm not able to jump around with TCE->BS the same way I can with TCE->AS. Like I said, it's a good rotation and currently the highest damaging combo rotation I know of but it's not for me. I can't counter as good as I normally do and I'm not as mobile.

I think it's main benefit in raid situations is not being vulnerable to block as much as a TCE->AS rotation.
    Comboing can only keep you free from cc if you are farming blues constantly, something that is pretty hard to force. I used to roll with a range combo while tanking but dropped it because I could just counter with a weapon real quick then go back to blocking. Need to find exact time it but the aura lasts like 10-12 seconds so we have a pretty large window to get off just one combo, meaning once that aura is up it is very hard to lose. I'd recommend dropping either a melee combo or BS, no need for more than two combos while tanking. That spot could be used for something to either help you or the group.
    • Like x 1
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

How are people's experiences with battle tanking?

It's honestly my favorite part of the powerset. People putting out good numbers? what ratios are you using?
    • Like x 1
  18. Snix Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Scoreboard from a DPE that I Battle Tanked.

The only thing you have to do is:
    1. Have a good spec.
    2. Constantly combo.
    3. ????
    4. Profit.
    • Like x 1
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

If it's a good DPS I usually get just above 50% of them, which is what I see there. So I guess... science has happened? Nice job.
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

I generally get about half of good dps, have beaten a few bad ones. I spec crit aattacks in every tree then go back to the ones that have dom & health in the first row finish those to get wm health/dom & prec/might wm innates then go to the ones that have dom but no health in the first row and repeat. Generally grab might heal crits and resto as needed to finish out 21 sp spent. I'm wearing about half tank/dps gear. Seem to remember having around 8k might and 3.6k dom. Loadout is nothing special. 2 melee combos, 1 range combo, proton remedy, breakout that shortcuts the aura, and pull. Everytime proton comes off cool down I hit the range combo (just the power clipped with proton.
    • Like x 1