An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Dude, I've haven't stepped into Arenas in ages. It's too screwed up. Only PvP I do nowadays is Legends. Perhaps when they revamp Arenas for Season 3, I'll wade back in. If you want to provide some information along those lines, I'd be more than happy to include it in the guide and credit you.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Due to much of my time being spanked lol, I could only explore the wonders of Curse.
    in arenas, especially 4v4's with a Good Team, it will wreck them.
    Divine Light as the regular glyph, debuffs tanks.
    Admonish cBlight is a go to power.
    Blight is a good substitue (the crit buff)
    McB, your other go to power.
    Consecrated Ground and Life Drain work very very well here
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

I would think that for PvP anything that makes the target damage itself or heal you would be the way to go.
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yes but you wanna use powers that get stronger as you get stronger.
    Consume Soul for example. With Celestial especially, everything you do either is a benefit or a detriment due to it's high vulnerabilities.
    Being solid in counter mechanics also helps tons.
    I had to fight matches that started 4v4 and then the others left so I had to fight 4 on my own.
    I manage to knock out two but I get wrecked afterwards.
    Anoint isnt worth much in pvp
    Also with Empowered Channeling, Guardian's Light > Consume Soul (only in desperate moments)
    • Like x 1
  5. blklightning New Player

Tikkun may be able to give some fabulous insight to the PvP side of things. She's a melee PvP healer.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That would be great.
  7. MentosTroll Loyal Player

from that table, DcPl is not actually useful
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Look at the single target numbers compared to PcDL.
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

As you know, making a loadout that can has tools for every situation can be hard to make. Now I see why you said before that it's ok to drop DcPl and just use plague to divine light
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Yep. To max/min, you need Armories for single targets and mobs. Since most content has more mob combat than single target and the damage difference between PcDL and DLcP is less with single targets, you're better off with PcDL, if you just want to run one loadout.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh, Remander, add the values to WcR and RcW and BcA.
    these were pre nerf btw.

The stuff is in my sig
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Healing section is almost complete, but I just couldn't get it finished over the weekend. Too much RL going on. Hopefully, will have it up in the next few days. Stay tuned!
    • Like x 3
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Celestial needs a lot of adjusting IMO.
    The way abilities overwrite should be looked into. For example, cMalediction shouldn't overwrite Malediction. Similar changes should also be made for cCurse, cPlague, cDivineLight, cWrath.

I really find it terrible that a player using DLcPl is messing up a player using PLcDL, they're different combos and shouldn't overwrite.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Celestial is in no way alone in this. Overwrites are a problem for all powersets.
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

In healing, Bene and cBene still have the power effects.
    however, the dps side, I totally agree
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

If you could stack combo DoTs and non combo DoTs, that would be seriously OP.
  17. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Celes is not alone, but it has the worst one of the worst overwriting problem IMO. How can you justify someone using DcPL and PcDl overwriting each other? Their pretty much using 2 completely different combos. Same way with other powers, such as cCurse, cMal.
    Not to mention, no other powersets overwrite like how cDivineLight overwrites. You don't get the initial burst hit if there's already a glyph? No other power has that problem.
    Without a BURST might damage alternative (as how some other DOT heavy power sets are), celestial is completely handicapped by overwriting problems.
    Even with celestial being able to stack the might and precision ticks, its damage is still going to be low, as Celestial's might damage is just abysmal. DivineLight, curse, malediction, and plague are all terrible might powers.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

I'll admit that, because of the mirror image combo setup, Celestial probably has it the worst. The might damage is not inconsequential, though. Go a little more balanced and clip every precision DoT with a might DoT, and that would melt content. The Dev team has said they eventually want to address overwriting, but I'm not sure what the timeline is. It's been mentioned for a long time now.
  19. MentosTroll Loyal Player

It will definitely be a minor buff to have to do that, but it's really not significant enough to matter.
    The 2 powers that can benefit this might/precision not overwriting would be Malediction and curse, but are anyone out there really going to have renew, curse, malediction, benediction? all just single target heavy.
    But I wasn't really looking to boost my DPS when I initially wrote about overwrites.
    Many celestial healers use malediction, a lot of celestial dps have PlcDl or DlcPl.
    It just doesn't make sense that might and precision ticks will overwrite each other.
  20. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Damn, maybe if you could pretty please, bring this up to the Devs again via private message.:rolleyes: I could always do it if your busy but you do a good job providing a point. I have done more damage now because of the MD mod, but I still get beaten by the others powers. The gap in damage is a lot smaller though. I believe increasing the might damage and/or a damage PI will make celestial balanced or equal, near equal to the other power sets. The mirror image might/prec dot stacking is also a good point, I'll add to my sig.