An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. ez7 Troller New Player

You don't think the benefit from getting the max crit iconic innate helps the boss loadout more than RcW given WM is already close to the same Damage as RcW and having all the dots being stacked?

I'll try 2 calculate my average dps, thanks.

I've been thinking about re-modding my reds back to full precision, but I just switched them to pre/might a few weeks ago and I haven't decided if I'm going to stick with Celestial yet as I switch powers pretty frequently :-/
  2. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

This is why I broke down and spent a few mil on the broker to buy the Type VI mod plans... now with Total Recovery Kits, I can switch my mods whenever and all it costs are the components, which some days you can get the Focusing Element VI fairly inexpensively, which is the most expensive component in a T6 mod.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

I decided to go ahead and post this data, so everyone can get an idea of the damage potential of Celestial combos and abilities in different builds and with different buffs.

[IMG]

This is a summary of the different combos and abilities and their clipped DPS potential for single and multi targets. Clipped DPS is just the total damage divided by the earliest time you can clip it. This is with full 92 gear and weapon and 140ish SP allocated. On the left are the different builds for unbuffed damage. In the center are the different builds with both Anoint (+15% precision) and Dark Pact (+35% might) assumed active throughout. Finally, on the right are the different builds with only Anoint assumed active. The relative might and precision, respectively, are listed above each build type. These are all without Max Damage applied. The numbers highlighted in green are the highest values in each pairing across builds for single and multi target situations. Of note, WcR assumes 3+ targets, as the primary target is not damaged by the cR aura. You'll see that the full precision build is favored for the majority of attacks in every scenario. Comparing the center and right charts, you can see that DP does increase damage potential more for some attacks than others. What you need to determine is whether the PP investment and slot on your bar to use DP offset what you could do without it. That will need testing in content.

I'll also point out how pathetic Defile is. :p
    • Like x 3
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

FYI, still working on the healing section. I will also be updating the ability descriptions with base healing values. HeartOfSky was helping me collect some data last night. Hope to have it up this weekend.
  5. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

OMG, thank you so much for this.. If I could buy you a pint I would..
  6. blklightning New Player

Yeah, I just stripped down and took a beating. Nothing special really. LMAO
    • Like x 2
  7. nalgasdlemur Level 30

This is great and so much easier to compare than the way it's presented in the posts at the beginning of the thread. Big tables full of numbers make me happy. Even when I'm not min-maxing, I like seeing what's going on and how things work behind the scenes.
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

That last sentiment really resonates with me, which is why I've been enjoying the gadgets changes... but maybe it's time for me to check out Celestial once again.
  9. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

So... I finally got around to playing Celestial, with work I didn't have any time to run after respecing from Sorcery until today. What I learned was not what I expected, in fact, I was quite disappointed with how RcW compared to WM DW>Bow. I'm not seeing anything remotely close to them being equal, sadly, but this is based upon my own experience in content.

I tried several different tests, and since I only have 88 SPs, I had to choose between going without WM and getting all Crit innates or going WM and getting only 3/4 of Crit innates. I expected that with more Crit Chance and Crit Magnitude, that I'd see some decent numbers from RcW, considering I run Flex soders and am full Precision modded with Precision trinket... instead, I saw max crits in the upper 3K range, mostly in the lower 2K... and the bad thing with Crits is they are not guaranteed, so one hit might score 3K the next might only be 1200... even added together these amounts didn't come close to the 7K+ I tend to see with DW>Bow Explosive Shot. o_O

Next I switched to the WM build armory and ran the same Gotham Under Siege missions again... and this time I was back to seeing frequent 6-7K from DW>Bow, but still mediocre hits coming from RcW. Of course with DW>Bow, I can run up the hit counter to activate Relentless Precision mod, which is when I tend to see the 7K+ Crits, but even without it I'm seeing Crits 4-6K frequently. However, when I combined DW>Bow with RcW for the Crit Power bonus, then I saw 5K Crits from RcW.

I did enjoy the nice damage from DLcP though, well, that is, if you can get it off without being interrupted. I am also not so impressed with the Orbital Strike, not sure it's worth the extra 15K MoT for Boost III in Solo content... but the upgraded Sidekick is wicked!! :p

Overall, I'm glad I switched back to Celestial. I'm finding ways to combine powers with WM, which is much better than how Celestial played before I left it a few months ago. The combos keep my mind sharp and is no where near as boring as Sorcery... which involved simply dropping a couple of powers and then spamming WM combos... Celestial takes skill, focus and concentration, which makes grinding content much less boring IMO.
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Hey guys.

Im just lurking in the shadows.

Im loving dark healing. So underrated imo.
    so, I mixed my loadout a bit.

Admonish cBlight, Blight cAdmonish, Malediction cBenediction, Divine Light, Consume Soul, Blessing cDeathmark.

Admonish and Blight are meant to be used conjunctively.
    they have complimentary effects. One boosts crit chance heals and one boosts crit mag heals.
    both are great burst heals and you get a personal h.o.t from good ole blight.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

@DarkThorn, I've said previously that you will not see the same crit numbers from RcW as from DW to Bow, but it's not because it's inferior. RcW hits four times to two with DW to Bow. Seems to fit the numbers you provided. The flying numbers on the screen can be misleading. You need controlled data over many attacks to appreciate real differences. I ran them head to head. The data is there. Now, the neck mod may very well give the edge back to WM. I've yet to test it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

@Supreme Monarch, I like what I'm hearing. As I said, the more I dive into this, the more possibilities I see. ;)

I noticed I left out the crit mag from my description. Will fix that and update the description of BcA to reflect the synergy.
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Hey, Supreme. Actually, you get both crit chance and mag from BcA alone. Blight gives you the chance buff, and cAdmonish gives you the mag buff. I've updated the OP. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Great stuff! Holy thundercrap! I wonder if the effects stack!! If they do, hello Guardian's Light!!
    Im still using both. I like the fact that i get a personal Heal over Time from cBlight. And that burst heal from cAdmonish hits a sweet spot every time!! Though it is risky, it's a topper in the heat of the moment. Plus that buff for 12 secs uo with McB is a great battle heal option or strict healing option.
    *snort* im such a selfish healer lol :rolleyes:

Btw, im thinking of doing a video in an instance to demonstrate the use BcA.
    You and your guide will be getting a shoutout btw.
    You're a great player and you've done a lot for the Celestial community.
    it's the least that can be done for an awesome player like you ;)
    • Like x 3
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

They do not stack, sadly. Just tested it.
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

No matter. Still using both. They have conjunctive use still. Im not giving up a boost to crits.

what blight lacks and easily be covered by AcB.

In case you didn't read my edited comment, i owe you Rem. ;)
    Thanks for sticking with Celestial
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Thanks, brother. I was thinking even BcA/A would be a great burst heal. Once I have all the numbers, you'll be able to see the relative strengths of the different heals. It's pretty interesting.
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You're welcome, brother.
    Im looking forward to seeing it :)
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Placed this in the DPS section of the OP for easier reference.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

*peeks from the shadows*

Psst... Remander....
    would pvp also need some work? (After its revamp..)