An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

The key word is "portion".
    I'll mess with revenge and see how it fairs. Revenge is pretty much like hard-light final claw.
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Revenge is better than Final Claw. It's faster, swifter, 360 AoE and knocks down all enemies, specially those vulnerable to interrupt. If your Dominance is high enough you can keep the enemies stuck in stun/knockdown by alternating both while your HP bar stays full. If that build wasn't power hungry....
    • Like x 2
  3. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Hope devs increase combos damage :( thats what we need a little increase thats it
    • Like x 1
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

The problem isn't the damage directly, but the damage coming from precision stat. As it is, might-based powers have a brutal advantage over precision-based powers because of that. The return from might is way bigger than the return from precision. Once they change that a lot of precision-based powers will improve drastically in performance, namely HL and Rage.
  5. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Isn't final claw a 360 aoe as well? Ehhh not sure if revenge is faster I see a pause much like outrage. I generally like dreadful blast because it's two first attacks are nearly instant. But since revenge is a melee based power its damage should be better than dreadful blast.

With a good troll it's power hungry effect should be voided without one what would you suggest? Power mods, power weapon regeneration socket and tank reserve? I messed with one handed pulse beam WM using RR and the heals suck. I assumed since the ticks from one handed pulse beam would be great for RR but that wasn't the case.
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Final Claw has a longer start-up. Even if you went straight from light claw to final claw, you'd take much more time than Revenge and Revenge Spin, not to mention that Revenge spin has a knockdown effect, I don't know about Final Claw. Also, Revenge deals more damage than Dreadful Blast and is quicker.

The power hungry effect isn't voided even with a good troll, since the rotation eats 75% of the powerbar, and it lasts for 12 seconds. Also, the effect with RR voids with even an average healer. In fact, RA + a HoT works way better, since you get ticks of healing along with the ticks from RA. Besides, Bloodlust consumes less power and also extends savage state, things that don't happen with RR, not to mention how much less damage you deal. If you activate RA every single time the cooldown is off, even if you don't triple clip, you can survive a LOT longer, and keep your powerbar almost full all the time. You will be loved by trollers and healers, since you will make their life much, much easy.
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

Thanks to the summer sale I was able to buy a second armory, so I will make a Tank loadout and test some stuff.

First of all, if you want to be a Rage Tank, it's of extreme importance that your loadout includes those four guys:

- Ragebringer
    - Without Mercy
    - Ire
    - E. Chain

This is mostly because YOU NEED PULLS, and with high Dominance, which allows your CC powers to work better, you will be able to juggle the enemies and prevent being attacked, rather than use a taunt and sit back defending like an ice tank would do like a madman. Personally, I like to use Ragebringer and just as the adds are about to land, use WoM to make them fly upwards. It spares me of 3 nice seconds of being attacked. Ire is your pocket CC break + Self-Heal, and the full group immunity, while apparently for a very short time, is also great. Think of a HL DPS and/or a Celestial DPS immune to being interrupted right as they are in their combos.

What I'm going to test is to add Remorseless Recovery and Outrage to that loadout, if needed be I'll respec further, in case I don't have enough PP to do that. Since in Tank Stance the damage dealt to damage healed is 1:1, I wonder if the heal combos from WoM and RR can stack, effectively making WoM heal twice the amount of damage you do. While tank is not stellar on dealing damage, you can heal some good HP with that. If not, RR + Outrage will do the trick.
  8. Pults Loyal Player

Without mercy would shorten to something like W/o M. Lower case o is usually used to indicate "of".
    As for breakouts, unless you use a diaper you need two of them. Rotate them before canceling the rage crash. Getting outrage wouldn't be useful since you cancel with echain. Still up for personal preference.
    Also due to not having a power back in tank stance I would advise against spending more power than you absolutely need. Rage goes hard on it even if you play it with caution. Also you take in a lot of damage, RR heals will not cover much (and in rage mode you still recover all of it) it will just dampen your crash if you manage to fail echains execution on time.
    And the self heal from ire is miniscule, it's a breakout ability not a self healing. Fire heals with abilities, rage mitigates with health return from rage mode. Keep that in mind.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

So keep Severe Punishment in my loadout to use Rage Mode and don't use Outrage in the loadout?
  10. Pults Loyal Player

Generally for solo tanking you'd have ragebringer, Without Mercy, echain, severe punishment and the two breakout abilities.
    Save that PP for an iconic innate.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Ooooh! Which breakouts would you recommend?
  12. Pults Loyal Player

ire and ferocity since they are your only two breakouts.
    • Like x 1
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

I dont know man...First of all, if you want to be a Rage Tank, it´s of extreme importance that your loadout includes one of these two guys:
    - Relentless Anger
    - Severe Punishment

I havent tanked with Rage in a long time, basically because i suck at Rage Tanking lol. But once i finish getting all my new gear ill give it another run. There are a few things that id like to try.
    • Like x 1
  14. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Why not both? sorry i havent tanked with Rage yet
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

Because they cancel eachother. I mean...you cant activate both Rage modes at the same time. Its like the seasonal trinkets, you cant have the Boo and the Jack Pumpkin at the same time because they share the cooldown.

What you can do is use Severe Punishment/Relentless Anger + Remorseless Recovery.
  16. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Oh ok thanks, i want to start tanking. Thats why im asking
  17. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I ran into a really good rage dps named EagleRyu. In KCT he ran melee on adds and he was in mid range during bosses. We ended up with nearly similar damage(about 20k difference). His precision is 800 higher than but mine but it was a nice run. It feels good to see a rage dps. Im not the best celestial dps but im pretty good.

Im getting bored of ice, I might change my ice villain to rage(possibly fire).

The power intrigues me. Its just something about precision powers/combo powers. :p :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I know that feeling, try it... it might not be the best dps power, but its so fun to play !
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

I have started messing around with an old rage alt. I've used rage tanking before but never bothered with dps much. Could anyone point me in the right direction for a loadout? Not sure how up to date the loadouts on the first page are and didn't have much time to play with it before I had to go to work today
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

The optimal loadout is: Relentless Anger, Bloodlust, Gailling Eruption, Revenge, Outrage, Evicerating Chain.
    However, that loadout will keep you right in the face of the enemy. It full melee.

For a mid-range loadout you can use: Gailling Eruption, Bloodlust, Dreadfull Blast, Infuriate, Ferocity, Robot Sidekick
    And for a full range its the same, the only thing you change is Gailling Eruption for Plasma Retch.

Or you can also use a sort of hybrid loadout (between melee and mid-range): Gailling Eruption, Bloodlust, Relentless Anger, Outrage, Dreadfull Blast, and for the last spot you can choose whatever you want: Infuriate, Berzerk, Remorseless Recovery, Robot Sidekick, etc...
    This will allow you to melee adds and some bosses while also stay at a more safe spot if needed.