An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For the moment I am using the free editing app form PlayStation (share factory) so I unfortunately can’t extend the duration of the set up screens. At least idk how lol.

As for the loadouts. Yes at first I didn’t want to use iconics but after a while I decided to include them for all loadouts since I wanted to help people find the potential in each power set.

I’ve gotten some hate on my videos for using freezing breath lol. But it’s such a strong and under appreciated ability it basically does 2 full strength ticks of damage in the fraction of the time it takes to cast 2 different abilities. And I find it fits perfectly with powers that have channeling or combo powers. That’s why it’s in all of my tank class dps loadouts lol
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I`d like to present my loadout to scrutiny and offer it as an advice.

Berserk - Revenge - E. Chain - Outrage - Severe Punishment - Remorseless Recovery

Explanation:

1. Berserk - Excellent way to double DPS against bosses.
    2. Revenge - Filler attack. It deals ridiculous damage, but it also has a very small cooldown. I use it only in case I get interrupted and need to wait on the other cooldowns.
    3. E. Chain - It deals more damage than Frenzy, and even more as a finisher, now that it's working properly. It has a pull and it allows to attack from distance, as well as pulling adds from the group, something that I love doing.
    4. Outrage - Goes without saying.
    5 and 6. Combined together, they are incredibly good to greatly extend your life against strong enemies. Pre-revamp, where you healed the damage right as you dealt it, only RR was enough, but, as the healing become ticks per second, you will need as much helps as you can. Also, it is able to keep your HP full for 8 seconds, with a cooldown of only 4 seconds.

NOTE: in organized raid groups, you will rarely need to use 5 and 6, but it works greatly for solos and duos, specially as it allows you to engage lots of adds at the same time.

"Why 2, and 3 in comparison to Lacerate and Frenzy? "

Frenzy is fast, but it is a very long combo. Not only that, while you can jump and walk during it, you are stuck. If the target gets pulled away or moves, you lose your combo. This is particularly damaging if it happens on the first or second hits. E. Chain is better because of its range and it deals more damage and faster, thus increasing your DPS.

Lacerate is formidable as a 360 AoE, but, as Frenzy, it takes too long. Yes, you can cancel it, but it is the same damage as Outrage, spread in more hits, but it takes longer and, like Frenzy, is not really mobile. At the same time someone uses Lacerate I can go out full Outrage + Revenge. Marginal, but still better.

"Why not Violence?"

Just because of 5 and 6. However, if you are in a group where you don`t need to worry for yourself thanks to very good healers/trollers, then switch 5 and 6 for Relentless Anger to generate SC and Violence to deal extra damage.

As an extra argument, those 3 attacks allows you to use 5 and 6 and attack without ever worrying about Rage Crash. Also, this loadout is extremely mobile and it allows you to be on the enemy`s faces all the time. In solo content where you have to fight many groups of adds, one after the other, you can pretty much steamroll through all of them continuously. Not only that, but you will rarely find yourself using soder colas.

I hope my loadout is acceptable. So far I have outdamaged all rage users, including people with like 50 more CR than me.
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Remorseless recovery is a pretty nice power, and is helpful in certain situations.
    My basic (melee) loadout is:
    Violence (plasma burn plus dot), severe punishment, e chain, outage, lacerate, berserk.
    Violence clipped to severe, lacerate (3 hits then tap cancel) outage clipped to e chain clipped to outage clipped to lacerate (3 hit tap cancel).
    Transformation, strategist, la mort.

Depending on situation/content/elite run:
    I will use RR in place of violence or even severe. If needing to be able to jump around a lot, replace lacerate with revenge.

For range, swap la mort with solar amp:
    Plasma retch (burn and dot), dreadful blast, heat vision, e chain, berserk, RSK.
    Retch, dreadful clipped to heat vision, dreadful clipped to e chain (not combo) dreadful: repeat.
    Retch can be replaced with RR in circumstances where you need that extra bit of healing to stay topped up.
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

I`m going to try your loadout. I have just played VMF in the event, where we have the same stats. There was another rage DPS there and he did OVER TWICE MY DAMAGE. This made me realize that my loadout is severely underperforming.

I don`t know the guy`s full loadout, but I saw some of his powers. He had Lacerate, Outrage, Relentless Anger, E.Chain, and two other powers that I didn`t see him using. While I was able to stand literally beside him and keep my healthbar bigger than his at all times, including tank amazo even as a DPS, he did twice my damage in total. I need to know why, so I am trying a different set: Berserk, Relentless Anger, Lacerate, Outrage, Remorseless Recovery and Severe Punishment. I am yet to see the difference, since, from what I saw, plasma burn doesn`t increase much damage.
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Plasma burn will increase the damage of e chain, outage, and lacerate, plus if you use violence it's adding a damage over time on the enemy as well. Relentless anger has a long animation, and very little damage (yes, it's a SC generator) but in my opinion, not worth it (using the artifacts I mentioned).

Best bet, if you've got a league Hall (or access) go to the 3 sparring targets and practice different rotations to see what fits best for you, considering artifacts. With my artifacts, I'm getting the most damage using my rotation. If I was using Gemini, and/or soul cloak, my rotation would have to change.
    • Like x 2
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

I have switched the offensive powers. I am using E.Chain, Outrage and Lacerate. My damage increased 90%.

Using the event versions of BOP as parameters, the solo version went from taking 12 minutes to complete to taking 8'04". My damage on VMF went from 5 million to 9.7million. As means of comparison on that set scenarion with the CR scaled to 287:

Lacerate does 30k damage.
    Outrage does 25k damage.
    E. Chain does 20k damage with the enemy above 35%, and 30k damage with the enemy below that margin.

I did not use any powers that do plasma burn, because the damage increase was of only 5%.
    It's worth to note that these values fully disconsider critical hits and damage, as I have only 11 SP specced into crit chance and crit severity. Also, my toon only has 60sp at the moment, of a total of 95sp I had unlocked back then, as I stopped playing shortly after stats revamp.
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

I reccomend using the abilities with the PI. 5% increase is still 5% increase in terms of DPS. With the PI, abilities get a 10% damage. Galling Eruption is still the stronger of the PIs b/c of the damage but its a Point Blank AOE ability while Violence is a good alternative because its an Aura so the DoT damage/PI travels with you instead of relying on the enemies needing to be in GE's field.
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Based on what you are saying, Violence seems more viable than GE, is that right?
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

In a sense. With Violence, you sacrifice a little damage to have mobility with your DoTs and PI. It does make it easier to transition between trash mobs. Galling Eruption would definitely be boss fight and moments where you dont have to move too far out of GE's field.
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

I have an idea. I'll keep both on my tray. The combo Remorseless Recovery and Severe Punishment is good, but not too much when it comes to raids with a healer on the team.

Thanks for the tips.
    • Like x 1