An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Trexlight Devoted Player

What do you mean by "power specs"?
  2. Lextasy New Player

I'm going to take a guess that you mean the power respec token. If so, then I believe you have to put it in the shared bank. Not 100% this will work though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ully Committed Player

Great post, btw, are you referring to weapon combos? And if so, have you experimented with the new neck mod for tanks?
  4. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

Yeah I was having trouble understanding our new Tank passive [Scar Tissue] and as Trexlight mentioned, through some testing, they've found that when your combo meter hits ~50x combo then 100% of your dominance is added to Health.

I'm currently using the new neck mod, Fortified Assault, but I haven't really been keeping track of numbers and stuff. It seems like the mod to use for Rage tanking and I'm guessing Atomic as well. In Tank stance we get a passive 50% Defense and with our [Fervor] passive we get an extra 50%, basically removing the need to block while we have Fervor activated.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ichiro Loyal Player

So far I am only hitting 3 -4k dps on a 10 second parse against both single and 3 sparring targets. any one else getting anything better? i get a little more with beserk as a super charge

i have tried all three options of weapon, hybrid, and pftt. I'm still testing load outs but none of them seem to produce more of a hit. everything seems to only hit for the same amount

right now I am running hybrid with hand blaster pulse beam and power load out channel hate, frentic bombardments, retch, gailing, bloodlust, beserk. I'm going for a mostly range load out. anyone else have a better load out?

specs 199 cr 308 sp partial olympian mods.
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Doing PFTT, 3 Sparrings 30seconds, i got a max of 15k (without Berzerk), lowest was around 9-10k.
    Gailling, Severe Punishment, Outrage (full combos), Dreadful Blast (full combos), Revenge (combo)

Mostly using Outrage and D.Blast, Revenge only when running low on power.

That 15k pop like 2 times only. Average was around 12k.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Around 8-9k in a Single Target using the loadout I mentioned a page earlier. Mainly outrage and revenge cycling. I never parse on more than one target though. If an AoE loadout parses good against a single target you know it'll be good on multiples. I'm not a fan of combining ranged with melee skills. I prefer using armories in between fights.

Haven't parses (mid) range yet though. Any observations on ranged specs are appreciated. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

Thanks Guys, I tried the dreadful blast outrage combo and can get 9 - 10 k with 3 targets. For mid range only I switched outrage out for frenetic bombardment and severe punishment out for bloodlust. with this I was getting 9k at 3 targets which doesn't seem too bad but it has to be at mid range to get gailing to work.

Full melee I am using the same load out as the previous rage am outrage full combo, revenge full combo, e chain full combo when not on cool down, gailing, severe punishment, and blood lust and can get 10k at 3 targets.

Anyone know if channel hate and rage blast are only supposed to hit one target without splitting damage.

As far as power regen I am only able to get one and a half rotation of PftT before running out of power with a superpower spec. this is with all 175 might/power spend points full. anyone know if this is average or should there be more. it feels like there should be more. I am not sure how I would fair with a troller since there never seems to be one in the instances i get into but I feel like I would be a burden on then using this much power.
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Your parse isn't bad for starters but for the melee rotation I suggest cycling only Outrage with Revenge unless you're low on power. In a raid environment the power a controller gives you is fairly enough to maintain these cycles until enemies reach 35%. That is when you start to keep Eviscerating Chain on cool down all the time.

For your power management I suggest modding might/power in reds and yellows. For your parsing as a friendly controller to give you some power. The precision and weapon buff won't taint your parses since you're full might.

That leads me to parsing:

As I mentioned before it is better to use only ONE training dummy for multiple reasons:

- as I said it is obvious that your AoE powers parse higher on multiple targets. But since there are bosses without adds around you're better off parsing for those. No need for the "high" numbers. One target is enough and ensures that your skills hit the target when the should. Due to knockbacks and blast adapters you might sometimes not hit all of your multiple targets so in my eyes the parsing on 3+ dummies won't show the full potential of a rotation all the time.

- Don't use trinkets, supercharge, backup, supplies, orbitals and stuff like that. All of these are used situational and are never a staple part of a rotation - they only replace powers from time to time. And it should be logical that you do more damage when you use them.
    Again, using them just to get the higher parse is not wise.

...unless you use all or multiples of them as a staple opener for aby boss fight. Then use them like you would on a boss before the fight start but if you do you should do the following:

- parse for 60s or even multiple minutes. Ten seconds are in no way representative for a real fight. For starters plainly because the 10s intervals where you apply your PI (Galling Eruption) should parse lower naturally. The 10 seconds you only use e.g. revenge and outrage should parse higher. At 35% you'll parse higher than at 50%. Same is true for using orbital or supply in a 10s interval. Getting 40 crits in 10s yields higher numbers than getting only 30 crits. Parsing for a longer time evens out those dps spikes or drops and make your parse more realistically.

Btw I have to correct my previous parsing results. I realised it was on the first boss in JFAe where I just kept doing damage. There are supplies and orbital buffs in these parses. On the dummy I'm doing 6.9k to 7.5k on a single target. I apologize for the misleading numbers of mine above.

Hope these tipps and suggestions prove to be useful.
    --------

Another question. Base anybody tested using a melee rotation of Outrage Revenge and Relentless Anger (supercharge generator) with extended supercharge and supercharged Berserk III yet? I think you could do very good placed damage spikes with using Berserk more often. One could even use the Accelerated Berserk Back mod. A dummy parse has to be longer though and might even need a controller to back it up.
    Thoughts ?

Best regards

Schimaera
    • Like x 1
  10. Ichiro Loyal Player

The best range full loadout I have figured out so far for multiple adds and boss situations

full superpower spec all crits, all 175 might spend points

Dreadful blast spam full combo whenever not on cool down, Frenetic bombardment clip from DB and do combo until DB is off cool down. this alone get around 7-9k dps without a PI. add in gailing or retch as the pi and I get 9-11K dps on three sparring targets. against single target this combo only gets 5k. The other three spots are open. right now I have RR and beserk. blood lust seems useless as it says it only increases weapon damage and I haven't seen any real change in number with using it so i ditched it. i am not sure what to put in the remaining spot but for now this seems like a solid full range loadout.
  11. Ichiro Loyal Player

So rage tanking. Load out I am running with. Curious to what everyone else is using.

loadout: rage bringer, e chain, Remorseless recovery, severe punishment, without mercy, redirect rage.
    rotation: redirect rage until shield pops, severe punishment, e chain to cancel, rinse repeat. i clip in RR and without mercy when I need heals.

I don't find the need for the group breakout. Most content doesn't even need this and when it does it can be inserted easily. the threat of rage crash has been substantially reduced in the revamp so even is you get stunned and can't cancel the hit you take is small and insignificant.

one difference on spend points that I made was i specialized in super powers instead of hybrid and split the rest between restoration and dominance for a stronger shield. that change give me good enough power to run like I did before the revamp.

Last night i tried this out against bounties in open world and was able to solo them all without heals, or troll. I was able to get CC bounties, Dr light, new gen steppenwolf, paradox demon in area 51 all solo. I wasn't able to solo the bounties in war torn as someone would always show up then you would have a gang taking him down but I did get a good 30 minutes on grundy before a gaggle of turkeys decided to interrupt the experiment. I did get some solo time on all of them though and none of them pose any threat with this rotation.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ully Committed Player

That's an interesting loadout. My leaguemate is using the same thing. Originally, my loadout was Severe P, Rage bringer, Without Mercy, E-Chain, Ire and Redirected rage. This loadout worked out nicely but I went on and experimented with other variations.

My second loadout was Severe P, Rage bringer, E-Chain, Ire, Iconic HL shield and Redirected rage. This particular loadout worked extremely well. The downside ofcourse, was the lack of an AOE pull. Rage bringer is a great pull but its a different type of pull and I didn't like running without it.

My current loadout is Severe P, Rage Bringer, Without Mercy, E-Chain, Ire and Remorseless Recovery. I'm absolutely enjoying this loadout. I've test tanked all 3 loadouts in USe and JFAe and by far, I prefer the 3rd loadout. I'm spec'd hybrid with all my stats in Dom and the remaining points in Health. I have the stun resistant innates from the movement tree and I'm spec'd full Dom in blues and Dom & Power and Dom & Health in their appropriate slots.

When I was using Redirected Rage, I was using the accelerated Redirected Rage tactical mod and the faster cooldown was quite useful. Also, I'm using the Hearty tactical mod for the chest slot which increase your health by 5%. I'm using Fortified Assault for my Neck, Energized E-Chain in the Head slot. I'll be changing the Hand Mods to max damage or something else. I currently have the mod that restores health when a shield power is activated.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

For tanking, are you guys having better luck with hybrid or pftt?
  14. Streven Dedicated Player

Personally using hybrid and not having any problems. Still testing things but I haven't had any problems with power. Using a staff with no Weapon Mastery unlocked and have plenty of time to generate power between abilities.

My typical rotation is Severe Punishment>Galling Eruption followed by 1 full weapon combo into Outrage combo to avoid Rage Crash. I then pop Redirect Rage and do several weapon combos until the shield breaks and its time to start over. On top of this I use Remorseless Recovery and Ragebringer as needed. For the 6th slot I use Ire or a supercharge. Regardless of loadout I haven't had power issues. Only time I get in trouble is when I rage crash but that's Rage for you. At least now it's somewhat forgiving to crash as compared to pre revamp.

I tried out a superpower pftt build and found a negligible difference in my power levels so opted for hybrid focus for the domination buff. I only see needing superpower focus if your needing to spam several abilities together like a healer does in which case having a bit of extra regen while casting abilities might allow you to squeeze in one or two more at the end of a rotation. I seldom ever see a need to do that as a tank and prefer the stat bonuses I'm getting from hybrid.

Either way, in my experience so far both focuses appear viable. The stat differences between the all the focuses are pretty subtle in how they bear out through gameplay. Player skill, knowledge of mechanics, and team composition are all much more important for completing content.
    • Like x 2
  15. appocolyps Committed Player

Im getting really good damge pftt tank almost comparable to earth.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Do you have a loadout you would suggest for battle/PFTT tanking? I'm completely honest - I haven't spent a single thought on it cause I'm busy to catch up with my alts. But if you want to share specs and your experience with it If be very happy

Best regards
    Schimaera
    • Like x 1
  17. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

Thank you, this is easily one of the most helpful replies I've seen on the forums in a long time.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

I'd like to know what this looks like as well.
  19. appocolyps Committed Player

Severe punishment, ragebringer, shield, ire, frenzy, any rage crash cancel for last slot. Use special forces plasma caps clipped with severe punishment for P.I. Basically spam frenzy re apply Severe punishment when on cooldown,shield in emergency, ire if u get knocked back just before u need to rage cash cancel. Focus superpowerd, all crit dmg chance and magnitude, All might, if you have any sp left go for dom. Might Dom in blue slots, Might in red slots, Might Power in yellow slots, wearing all tank gear.
    • Like x 2
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

I know nobody asked, but I have crafted three different loadouts for Rage DPSing.

Loadout 1 - Survival-oriented.

1. Severe Punishment
    2. Remorseless Recovery
    3. Violence
    4. Eviscerating Chain
    5. Frenzy
    6. Outrage.

A - SP no longer heals all damage taken. It heals around 50% or 25%, I didn't measure it yet, which means it's no longer viable as sole mean to extend your durability in battle, it's important to combo it with RR.
    B - SP + RR + Violence + EC to recover HP.
    C - Frenzy deals around 90% of Outrage's damage, but it's way faster, the cooldown is quick, power-friendly and pretty quick. The damage per second of both attacks is virtually the same, due to those factors, and deals more total damage, since you regenerate the power almost instantly. Good to last long in battles.

This loadout works ONLY on solo instances. Even in duos it already lacks slightly. It's a loadout for solo play only.

Loadout 2 - Damage-oriented.

1. Berserk
    2. Relentless Anger
    3. Violence
    4. Outrage
    5. Frenzy
    6. Without Mercy.
    7/Reserve. Frenetic Bombardment.

This loadout is great to deal a lot of damage, specially if you go raids, where all roles will be present.

A - Always start battles with Relentless Anger, un less your Supercharge is full, then use Outrage.
    B - After using RA, use Violence, then Outrage. This initial damage burst will eat a chunk of the enemy HP.
    C - While Violence is on cooldown, alternate Frenzy with Without Mercy. This is another power-friendly combo that will allow you to last much, much long in a hard fight.
    D - When having a Controller on the team, alternate Frenzy with Outrage for big damage.
    E - If you are in a solo or a duo and you can take AT LEAST 75% of the HP of the adds with Violence + Outrage, do it. Use Frenzy as a finisher. Otherwise go Violence + Frenzy, you will deal the same damage, but faster.
    F - The reason why you spare power with this is that Frenzy uses 67% of Outrage's power consumption, but while Outrage's consumption is divided by 3 attacks, Frenzy's divided by six, so you pratically regenerate the power you spend mid-combo.
    G - Without Mercy can extend your durability pratically as much as the combo SP + RR. Even if you have a healer on team, invest on Dominance. It can juggle the enemies, giving you enough time to deal damage on them for free.
    H - If you juggle the adds upwards, instantly use Outrage. The combo will finish right as they are standing up, which means they will take a good load of damage without hitting you back. Perfect to squeeze you out of tough situations.
    I - If your team doesn't have a tank, or if you are solo/duo, and the boss is targetting YOU and dealing reasonable damage to you, hold block and use Without Mercy every time you can. It will buy you a lot of time and drastically increase your durability, effectively making you a mini-tank.
    J - Without Mercy + Frenzy = the same damage of Outrage, but using roughly the same amount of power yet with faster cooldown, effectively being higher DPS.
    K - If you are on a raid with all roles, replace Without Mercy and put Frenetic Bombardment. Activate Violence - > Outrage -> Frenzy -> Frenetic Bombardment. When Violence goes off cooldown, activate it again, then jump straight to Frenzy -> Frenetic Bombardment. Your total damage per second will be very high.
    L - When Berserk is up, do this: Relentless Anger -> Violence -> Berserk -> Outrage -> Frenzy -> Outrage -> Frenzy. Burn all you have while Berserk is active. You will deal ridiculous amounts of damage.
    M - Without Mercy heals for 25% of the damage you deal capped at your dom + resto, so as you increase your stats this will become a much more efficient way to heal. On my CR 180 villain I used this against 4 adds in Iceberg Lounge solo mission and recovered 20% of my HP in one go.

Yesterday I went into Ace Chemicals with this loadout. I was at minimum CR for the instance, and had with me a CR 60 HL DPS, a CR 65 Ice DPS and a CR 62 Fire DPS. Note that the HL and Fire players were using most weapon attacks, but the ice player wasn't. I dealt more damage than they all summed up.
    (I'm back on lower content because I defected from Villain side to Hero side).

If you wish to test this loadout as Rage DPS in high tier raids, please let me know how you did with it.
    Cheers.
    • Like x 1