About Earth 3's Change To The Superman Model

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Nov 3, 2017.

1. TestReporter Loyal Player

I wouldn't complain if his face wasnt giving me nightmares... If you are changing something thats not broken at least let it continue to not be broken. We know about tech limits etc, but this is with no offense but being offensive ( insert bad word with 4 letters) work.
    • Like x 2
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I love it. Complainers will complain. This game needs refreshing and updating anywhere it can and i like the new superman. We need to evolve the game over time. Classic is great. But i dont want classic anymore. Ive seen enough of it. The new supes makes it feel in touch with comics and big screen today. Keep it please. And update the rest if possible. Appreciate the work. Thank you.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have you seen his new balloon-face? Or just been focusing on his padded cod-piece?

He went from fairly handsome heroically-chiselled square-jaw (the typical super-look), to someone after they scrubbed their face with poison-oak leaves!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Keep this up and you'll replace Jens as my favorite DCUO-related dev.
    • Like x 1
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

You young whippersnappers think you're so jive, with your meems and emoty-cons and your Facespace monkeyshines. It's balderdash, I say! Balderdash!

Y'see, some of us have been fightin' the good fight since Beta, way back in ought-ten! Back then, we would wear an onion on our belts because that was a sign of the time ...

... er, what was I talking about?

Oh yes. Get off my lawn!
    • Like x 4
  7. vespa neo Active Player

I welcome the change for more superman styles. There's multiple skins for legends batman, but only one for superman. Even supergirl has 2.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ive seen everything. And i stand by everything i said.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thank Zod for that bit of news... :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

So Im guessing this new superman is your doing? LOL
    The suit it great just put your imagination to work by updating classic supes face and put it on the new suit.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Both.
    • Like x 1
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I've renamed him Curvy SuperGuy. He's not Superman. He never will be to me.
    • Like x 2
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

He's creepy, too. He looks like he's smirking at people in the "I can see through your clothing" way. He gives off stalker vibes. I literally didn't want to play on the test server after seeing him in the communicator. The old head was fine - bring it back and get rid of teenage cosplayer stalker superthing.
    • Like x 2
  14. Megzilla Developer

It's not my doing, but his original model was pretty rough and I think his rework is great. The art was 6+ years old.. Consider it an investment in DCUO visual quality as we move away from PS3 and start improving the look of the game. I understand the nostalgia and where a lot of folks are coming from... but I think our artists here did a fantastic job giving Supes some lovin'.
    • Like x 5
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If his face is anywhere close to Talia's from the current alert. I would have to disagree. Her face is creepy.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just figured out who the new 'Superman' really is: it's Odo from DS9!!
    [IMG]
    Star Trek Online crossover confirmed!!!!
  17. RealTegan Dedicated Player

The original face looks like an adult. The original face looks regal. The original face looks absolutely fine and needed no updating.

The new face looks like a teenager. The new face looks like a stalker. The new face is ugly and needs to be removed. Put back the original face.

Do what you want with the body, but there's no way I'm ever going to believe that stalker teenager is Superman.

Updating for the sake of updating is pointless work. Superman's face did not need an update. Whoever did it not only wasted their time, they also did a poor job unless you are turning Superman into Superboy and making him evil.
    • Like x 3
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, can understand wanting to update the visuals of some of the costumes (even if don't like the idea of the stuffed cod-piece long-john's), but was the entire model needed to be update?

Still waiting in mild fear to log in and find the Halloween mask has been 'updated' to match SuperOdo :eek:
    • Like x 1
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Im sorry but some of you are ridiculous about his new design. You're entitled to your opinion but now some of you are just becoming unnecessarily rude. Supes doesnt look exactly the same in the comics, movies, tv shows and every iteration of him. Some of you are stuck on his old face because you were so used to it. Some of you are assuming because a few of you on the forum dont like it that means no one does. Well i like it. I like the update and everything about it. I personally thought the older supes look looked plastic and static. Keep the look. Ignore the rude comments fueled by nostalgia.
    • Like x 4
  20. Skandov Well-Known Player

I would also like to see the rest of the characters get this treatment over time. Especially a Rebirth look :)
    • Like x 1