About Earth 3's Change To The Superman Model

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Nov 3, 2017.

1. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

Any chance we get the suit thou
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Cereally? You find the square-jaw to be more 'plastic' looking than SuperOdo? o_O
    • Like x 2
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

Hey Meg!
    I think upgrades are a must and I always asked about polished new model for more important NPCs, like Justice League (movie formation) and the Trinity.
    That being said, the whole game was based around Jim Lee's designs and thats what I think it lacks. I love the new costume and all, but if those HD textures would be behind Jim Lee's original artwork would be SICK.
    Some of the newer faces are too realistic for the comic book style of the original game. I think we players aim for original designs with polished models and higher definition textures.
    Just my 2 cents.
    I'm personally happy with the new model and cant wait for a movie based Wonder Woman new model, keep up the awesome job ^^
  4. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I guess some people prefer to have Superman look like a creepy stalker teenager. I suppose they won't change it back now. The old model could have used some improvements, but going for a puffed out teenage look with evil eyebrows was just insane.

But then, this is the game that has the character that is supposed to be Captain Marvel say "Shazam" to you without changing, so clearly there are a lot of impostors in this version of the DCU. Eventually they can have a storyline where the players have to figure out who has been replaced by evil aliens and save the world from the "heroes". This new version of Superman is clearly not the real one, so along with Captain Marvel, that's two for sure.
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thought he had to say it with intent for it to work
    "What's your name?" "Shazam!" "..." "Damit!"
  6. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hey Mepps, why is DCUO only rebooting Superman with the Rebirth version and not the other characters? I love the rebirth versions as their styles are closely based off the cinematic universe. How about Batman and Wonder Woman also?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

See? Now that Soupcan has a properly proportioned face with a square jaw, so what happened with SuperOdo? o_O
    • Like x 2
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If going to change other characters, how about of these for Huntress?
    [IMG]
  9. Original Kal Well-Known Player

For 75 years Superman had the trunks. Granted there were some changes but the icon form was always there until the pu52. DCs big mistake as see by rebirth.

What's next? Take the stars off the US flag?

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The different lighting in the two pics might be throwing me off a little, but if I had to put my finger on what seems off on the new model, I'd say it's the eyes. The texture on the new suit is a nice touch, and I've never had that much of an issue with the New 52/Rebirth redesigns that left out the trunks (but I can understand folks missing them, it helps break up the "all blue bodysuit" look). I don't even have any real problems with the redesign on the head overall.

But there's just something about the eyes on the new model that seem a bit off. Has anyone done a comparison of the two models in the same areas of the game? I think seeing a side-by-side comparison of the character models in the same lighting (maybe the Watchtower or the T3 solo challenge) would help.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mister Der New Player

I specifically purchased those two costumes above for the NOW SOON -TO-BE DEFUNCT Marvel Heroes Omega game. I dig the classic.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sorry you won't be able to play Marvel Heroes anymore.

That being said...... you have good taste. ;)
    Everyone should be able to appreciate the Classics. ;)
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The only thing I didn't care for is his mouth. It doesn't look right. It's a constant smile that doesn't match up with his tone of voice at times. Sometimes it just looks open at the sides.
    • Like x 1
  14. Saturn Girl Committed Player

I personally hadn't like the new form of him, and actually when you queue up for missions, you can't see the video of their face (selfie), Today I just tried to rank up a new character, and till level 14 all of the Wonder Woman's messages (videos) were changed to a picture. And that's not beautiful. I don't know its reason but for first time I thought that is kinda laziness.
    I hope it doesn't happen for other characters.
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It will happen with other characters.

They made the change because It is how things will be from now on.
  16. Saturn Girl Committed Player

So you just proved me that, this is kinda laziness of some Developers.
    But they could at very least let the older videos stay ( in older missions).
    I still hope it doesn't happen ;) .
  17. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Developers actually don't have to waste time and energy to change the style or whatever about the own game's characters instead OF creating more styles for players characters and making new missions and episodes.
    We are comfortable with the ORIGINAL and classic versions, not the alternate versions such as their actors.
    I'm not gonna be rude, don't get it wrong, but I don't like the characters of game change to the face or shape of their actors, I didn't like the new Superman and Batman and Alfred's characters because of some reasons, they weren't the best choices, though even I liked the new actor and actress of Wonder Woman and Flash, but still I don't like some alternate versions come to the game.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

People fear change. Even when its change to a fantasy based character apparently. And just because someone has different taste then another person it doesnt mean they are wrong or rude.

Imagine with ep30 we got this owlman.
    [IMG]
    Yep im sure vendor gear looking like this^ would go over really well :rolleyes: And lets see how many different superman looks have there been over the years? 50? More? Lets stop acting like this change to the superman model affects anyones life in any way shape or form. But the face does look weird. No denying that. Also noticed in the new duo cut scene that batmans mouth looks strange. Almost looks like he needs some braces to fix the under bite he has :p
  19. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

I think folks are good withe the direction to update face texture; so long as it's not worse off. Plus Supes is more prominent this new event/dlc, so his botched 'plastic Surgery' is at the forefront. Eye sockets a bit too deep and some of his lines could be more smoothed. He looks 'tired' and a bit creepily evil. Maybe keep the new look for the earth-3 evil version. The regular medium character male face (skin2?) is more attractive. Or even if you make his face looks closer to supes's 2d picture avatar on this forum, i'd be ok with that. That face + Superman hair (slicked back with a little curl dangling at the front); call it a night.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did you even look at the post showing the 75 years of Soup Costumes? Apart from minor tweaks and 'artistic styles', it has only changed three times: '93 after the "Death of Superman" (and that was short lived {get it?}); '97 when he split into the Red and the Blue energy beings, and Nu52 and the atrocious movies (with zero explanation for the change other than idiots who prefer seeing a padded cod-piece than shorts)
    • Like x 2