About Earth 3's Change To The Superman Model

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Nov 3, 2017.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I was interrupted during the webcast - was a reason given for him to be updated to the Rebirth Superman? Justice League tie-in? Preparation for his 80th anniversary? Will this be the new model in all content (including Legends)?

I mean, he certainly looks great - it looks like he was completely remodeled from the ground up; even his face seems more defined.

On the other hand, this was one of the last places we could see him in his classic costume. I'll miss that.

So is this the start of a trend for the other Iconics? I very much like the Rebirth Wonder Woman outfit, for instance.
    • Like x 2
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's probably going to be in the next time capsule too.
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As mentioned it will probably be the new TC style.

Notice how Batman still had his usual DCUO style when we saw him.

So this Superman was most likely an Easter Egg to the style from the next TC.... not unlike how they had the Batman Beyond style in the Batcave for RwC.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Oh, yeah, that seems obvious at this point.

I'm just wondering about the rest of the game - whether or not this is a permanent switch or more like when Supergirl's model was temporarily changed in 2015.
    • Like x 1
  5. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

If it was in the next TC then they just made my year. Not sure how the Head/Face/Shoulder pieces would work though without messing with it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It could be only in this DLC.

Or it could be in this DLC and every DLC after.... but early in the game we could still have the Classic Superman.
    I too would prefer if they kept on using the Classic Superman.
    DCUO is pretty much the last place where we can see some of the classic DC characters in their classic costumes. :(

Guess we will have to wait and see to know for sure. ;)

But as time goes by.... they seem to go more and more into giving us the more modern version of certain styles or character.

Like how they gave us the Rebirth Batman emblem as oppose to a more classic version of the emblem.

Now they gave use the NU52 version of the CSA as opposed to a more classic version.

I felt a little bad for people who wanted a Owlman style at first.....
    but then they showed us the OP head piece.....
    and now every Owlman in DCUO must be doing the happy dance. ;) ;)
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah was wondering about that part.

The head could be the Superman S curl hairstyle??
    The hands..... could be some sort of kryptonian pattern around the wrists not unlike the DCEU Superman.
    The same with the shoulders.

The face...... some sort of emissive eyes??

Guess we will have to wait to know for sure. ;)
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

From the Patch Notes:
    Still no info on why this was done or whether it's the start of a new set of improvements though.

It'll be nice to see old Underpantsontheoutside in Legends at least. :D
    • Like x 2
  9. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Thats kinda what id be hoping for (no pun intended), just give us the Superman Suit like on that model and just any generic Head/Hands/Shoulders etc will do, just to make up the set. We dont need a collar on the suit just so "the head makes sense" or we dont need a weird design on the arms so a hand style connects.

Hell, give us the suit and then:

Head is a variant of the OP head from Krypton
    Shoulders are a variant of the Fallen God shoulders
    Hands are a variant of even just Harleys hands.

Those 3 dont matter really, the rest could be done so very well so very easily. And with a heavy focus on the JL and JL coming out 2 days after ep30 it'd be perfect...
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Superman is refreshed everywhere except Legends.
    • Like x 7
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

:(:(:(
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Threads like these make me laugh at the poor guesses all because of time capsules.

Seriously, do yourselves a favor and save yourself the speculation by following the devs on twitter.

SJ literally tweeted about this over an hour or two ago.
    • Like x 3
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Awwww... speculating is half of the fun. ;)

And not everyone uses Twitter. ;) ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thank you for the response.

Could you share the reasoning behind this change? Is it permanent?

Is it part of some sort of larger 'Refresh Initiative'?

Or is the team just happy to be free of the PS3? :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Why give us that for free when they can sell it to us for 5 bucks later on lol
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

Plans to update the models at least for the rest of the Trinity? I think Wonder Woman model is the most out of date.
    Would love to have her look closer to her movie / Rebirth costume. Also for a style available to us.
    • Like x 2
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I can say with a high degree of certainty that superman rebirth will not be the next TC style ;)
    • Like x 2
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Will this happen with batman and other iconic characters?
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Who said anything about for free?? :confused:

It could be in the next upcoming Time Capsule.
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Batman and Wonder Woman need a model update. Their Crime Syndicate counterparts have way better models. As a matter of fact I think all the iconics and npc's should get model updates where applicable.
    • Like x 5