A request and suggestions for an Earth Artershock AM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lacedog, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

I hear ya. I hate those threads as well but you can count mine as whatever gave me my "vacation" last week. Waiting to see if anything cool happens with earth before I delete the game etc....
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm at the point where i think I'm only gonna show up to get the legends pve feats and season feats between dlcs .... If they don't give earth an aftershock mode... I'll be taking a long break as well ... This mechanic for rage although not exactly like laces is similar enough that it looks like they took it a little tweaked it used it for rage... If this happens that would be such a slap in the face for earth aost if not equivalent to the middle finger ... I don't think they are that cruel but if they are ... Not sure I wanna waste money or my time
  3. Dogico Loyal Player

Yeah dude it's getting to that point with me as well. Although my first toon was Fire, the idea of creating an Earth toon was the reason I started playing this game almost three years ago. It feels like update 47 will be the last hurrah for any updates to Earth for the foreseeable future.
  4. Dogico Loyal Player

5-7 weeks until Update 47 hits test. I'll be saving my money until then.
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

I really hope they look after the powerset, this really could be a make-or-break situation for the 2% end game earth players.

Something good needs to happen... Not only for dps balancing between the powers, but for population power distribution balance as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. FelixDuo Committed Player

I was just thinking about this myself. On the one hand Earth has very, very few players using it so it might not be a very high priority to fix it. But on the other hand you'd think they'd want to prevent Earth from becoming the power equivalent of a ghost town. The fact that so few players are Earth must mean that the power needs more work, more attention, more something.

But yeah, just waiting for GU47. I actually have a good feeling about it. It might not be the update we want, but hopefully it'll be the update we deserve.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

Mhh what about that... (Maybe its already mentioned somewhere, dont remember)

Tank: Damage Absorption stays as it is, But WHILE aftershocking u mitigate up to 90% of incoming damage. Power cost should be increased by alot to prevent it from perma spam.

For what? The biggest issue i see at earth tanking is survivability while healer is down/transported/caged/transformed or whatever.
    Also Earth isnt able to tank the adds in ToD ELITE (yes ELITE, not normal) with current gear like Rage.

This would solve alot and keep Earth and his mechanics unique. What do you think?
  8. Ristiq Well-Known Player

Wait, so they confirmed GU47 is dealing with earth? Or are we speculating..
    • Like x 1
  9. Veritech Loyal Player

Not confirmed my my understanding. If balancing follows the same cycle as AM update release it will be sorc next.
  10. Disatria New Player

Be been playing with a lot of sorc toons. Even had one in a group with an earth dps both cr111 and man.... That sorc dude killed the earth toon by almost 3 mil.... Yea..... I would rather see earth go first than sorc. No offense but there is almost little to no wiggle room with that power to do a really decent amount of damage
    • Like x 2
  11. Skirmish Well-Known Player

From what I have heard, it's down to powers like Sorcery's Shard of Life and Transmutation dealing much more damage than Rumblecrush or Striking Stones which are Earth's equivalent of those powers.

There's also the thing with Two-Handed into Arrow Storm with Weapon of Destiny dealing alot of extra might ticks aswell, I heard they may have changed this but i've not been able to confirm it.
  12. Dogico Loyal Player

I like this idea as it encourages the use of multiple aftershock abilities and fits well with our mechanic of slowing damage rather than preventing it. The more I think about it the more I want any updates/tweaks to Earth tanking to focus on our absorption. I don't want increased health or arbitrary heals added to powers like Rage or Fire, I don't want more shields like Ice, I want more absorption.
    • Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So basically munitions is going to be added to test today
    I'm all but certain ... I wonder if we do get a update in the next game update how this will effect it ... I'm hoping this comes out with rage
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

Could be either good or bad.

Good because the true earth supporter testers will focus on earth while the fotm crowd play with new shiny instead of making unnecessary tweaks to our trees.
    Bad because maybe there might not be enough attention to detail/feedback to give us an update we deserve.

I'm hoping earth gets it's own update allocated like other powers have had the privilege of having. I can wait a GU or 2 for it to be done right.
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

If they did add Munitions to test either today or soon, I wonder if they would release it with 46 or separately.
  16. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

I thought about something...

As i stated in all my posts Earth is lacking survivability options when the healer is down or whatever.

Last year when Spytle previewed Earth overhauling he showed the "OH ****" combo possibility for Earth.
    You need Brick and Envelop. While you are healing yourself in the rock u drop aggro completly, at this point Brick begins to grab aggro like he do it in damage stance. So the group survive until you geat back healed.

Perfekt, BUT that never worked as intended. I tried this several times over the last year and the result was always the same...
    The group was down and yelling at me ;)
    Problem: Brick is mostly out of mana, yes u can feed him but that dont last long enough and u waste one slot in your loadout. Even if he is full with mana he dont react on your encasement with massive pulling to grab all dropped aggro. From time to time he does his special attacks but it isnt fast enough to avoid the group from beeing oneshotted in endcontent.

What about that?
    Envelop gets a extra ability.
    Envelop feed brick with power and makes him enrage, means he is pulling as there is no tomorrow, and shields him.

Possible loadout could be:

1. Earthen Grip
    2. Epicenter
    3. Jackhammer for Absorption Tanking
    4. Shield or Cleanse
    5. Envelop
    6. Brick

What you think about it?
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

No offense man but this thread is about advanced mechanics pertaining to aftershocks which means damage stance not tank ... There are other threads discussing tanking with earth but this ones not it ... You're idea isn't terrible tho
  18. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

isnt terrible... im feeling bad now :cool:
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

others have talked about tanking in here too. i honestly dont care where this thread goes anymore, but it is important to stay on topic, just in case the thread is one day acknowledged.

but to your idea, i think thats how it was supposed to work. 2 problems though, thats just one more power you would "need" to have with pet tanking. and also, i hate pet tanking haha. so not an option for me and others like me.
    • Like x 3
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

Well munitions is on test, there's hope for Earth getting it's own GU tweak yet :)