A request and suggestions for an Earth Artershock AM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lacedog, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

Good luck to us all.
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol 10 mins from now this thread will have a fish wrapped in newspaper sending us a message
  3. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

At least then you can rest knowing they at least know it exists.
    • Like x 2
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I just don't have my hopes up I'll just wait and see gu 47 is dev a turning point for me... If there is no earth update then... Or even if it's just a copy and paste job from sorcery my time at dcuo will. E even more limited then it already is... I'll be waiting for serums... I don't want to be a tank/ controller and watch the pet have all the fun... At that point earth will be a support to,e in both stances
    • Like x 1
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

You mention limiting due to only 2 shock powers (not counting gem shield). Most of us here would agree that using up to 4 power slots just to support a pet (pet, fortify, totem, PI setup) is limiting.

You like pets? More power to you, keep using them. But I'd rather have 2 powers that actually deal "awesome" damage than 2 whole trees of meh..
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

That and we would also agree that we want more powers that can aftershock so we are actually asking for more options.
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I refused to respond to that guy .. He has no clue what he's talking about an if all he wants is a pet mechanic then he needs to find his way to the other threads that discuss that .. This is not the place for him
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

Apparently he has more of a clue than Mepps ;)
  9. Lacedog Loyal Player

Daaaaang
  10. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  11. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Mepps has replied to this Zeus guy on twitter 5 times in the past 2 hrs and doesn't have the time to replay to us? That's the stuff that really erks me.
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Well think of it this way now that it's confirmed that earth has two advanced mechanics ... A dev had confirmed it ... Shouldn't we bring aftershocks in line with other ams... ?? Pets don't need an update right they are working as intended but earth after shock and those are under performing ;) this can work in our favor
    • Like x 1
  13. Veritech Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Ristiq Well-Known Player

I'm going to remain skeptical. Don't want to get my hopes up
    • Like x 1
  15. FelixDuo Committed Player

They could have meant that it's a tanking AM, kind of like how Nature now has a healer AM. Aftershocks increasing our damage absorption is something unique to Earth, after all. But I don't recall Rage's rage crash mechanic ever being called an Advanced Mechanic, so there is a sliver of hope.
  16. Kill Shot Well-Known Player

Actually I use close to the same loadout you do. I read you post on earth dps loadout ... Though I don't use debris field I use totem for the buff and less power consumption not to mention it knocks down ads that are on me. But I don't use Crystal either.

As for the PI setup you would do that with any setup so that doesn't count and no one uses totem to heal Crystal, that would be silly. So Two slots really. But that is one slot to many. There isn't anything awesome about having to troll your pet which cost power and doesn't return it. The mechanics are not really combat mechanics at all.
    I'm not sure what your problem is with my realistic thoughts on how they could make it better for all points of view. Nothing is perfect one way or the other someone will complain.
  17. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

So rage got its update. Guess that means we're next.....maybe.....possibly.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Rages new update seems cool... Savage mode huh hahaha savage mode makes precision combos hit harder .... Unstoppable mode makes precison moves hit higher .... Seems lik someone have the devs an idea ... If earth doesn't get this kind of am for aftershocks... I will be infuriated
    • Like x 1
  19. mollypoppinz Well-Known Player

still waiting for my aftersshock am i see ..
  20. Dogico Loyal Player

If I had to guess I would say Earth and Sorcery will have the pets AMs updated in 47. I'm still hoping for an aftershock AM but if I'm being realistic I think they'll just update the pet AM damage and call it a day.

I don't mean to be dramatic as I've always hated those "dur I'm leaving the game dur" threads but if I'm not feeling Earth's update in 47 then I'll be taking a break from this game.
    • Like x 2