A look at how the new R&D Gear system works

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Torikumu, Nov 3, 2015.

1. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Sarcasm never relates well in text does it.. heh.
  2. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

Month 2 (Episode 19) with the daily alert will be the best source of scraps. They will accumulate much more rapidly then. The Metalloid scraps can then be used for any of the gear pieces in Ep 18, 19, 20. You are not expected to be able to craft anything until Ep 19 is available (on average).
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't get why you're now using "Episodes" and "Seasons." That would make perfect sense if this were an MMORPG based on a television series, which has episodes and seasons, such as "Star Trek."

But we're based on comics. Comics do not have "episodes" or "seasons." We have "Issues" and "Volumes." Those would be names that actually made some sense. Each piece of new content is a new Issue and each Tier is a new Volume.
    • Like x 1
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You get the scraps in a box when you salvage. If you don't salvage, you don't get the box and don't get the scraps.
  5. djcrossfade Committed Player

im saving for this :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Hey to be fair, I was commenting on the "I can't wait for it to be added" comment :p Not the rest.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Anyone following the epic tale of my R&D Gear story (based on the scorecard in the signature above Hopeful Flash getting smacked around) Currently at 44 Metalloids, now.

That corresponds with:

- 2 Raid drops
    - 12 Duo Drops

over 4 days.

So far I've only seen 2 Metalloids and 5 Metalloids drop from green gear and 4 Metalloids and 10 Metalloids drop from blue gear.

Based on absolute minimums, if things were going horribly for me, I'd be at 16 Metalloids. So I'm well over 200% above the minimum amount anyone can receive.

Still early days, but with 3 drops earned, plus a bonus chest for my off role, I've only got to build the Back and I'm wearing the best non-Elite gear.

Basically: It's working well. Don't be put off by the numbers you've seen by Mepps in the original post. Know that it could happen, but it's extremely unlikely.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Small update:

I ran the Duo yesterday and got 3 green drops. Damn.

When I salvaged the 3 drops, I got a box containing 2... a second box containing 2... and then a third box containing 12?!

[IMG]

From this drop alone, I got the same amount of scraps as I would have from running the Duo both days and getting green drops, dropping 2 scraps each.

The previous Maximum I'd seen for a Green drop was 5. Has anyone seen any other amounts from green drops other than 2, 5 or 12?
  9. Polymerase Well-Known Player

I got the same a couple of days ago. Selected 3 Greens, salvaged them, and got 2x2 and 1x12 :)

From what Mepps said in the initial testing thread we should see:
    [IMG]

With no mention of Max other than "significantly more". We can assume the upper limit for Green is 12, but for Blue and Purple I've no idea.

Does anyone have any info on these ?