Test Discussion PC Test: R&D Gear System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report bugs and feedback concerning the new R&D Gear System. For a full explanation of the system, click here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/introducing-the-r-d-gear-system.262584

Work In Progress: New R&D Gear System!

Salvage gear you don’t want, and use its components in new R&D Plans to build the rare gear do want. Make progress with every boss defeated, and build gear when the drop eludes you. Currently implemented for rare gear in Episode 18.

How To Test:
    • Salvaging (not yet implemented)
    o Obtain Episode 18 dropped gear from Episode 18’s content
    o Visit any R&D Station to salvage Episode 18 gear into Metalloid Scraps
    Alternatively, visit the Test vendor and purchase a Box of Metalloid Scraps
    o Metalloid Scraps stack to 999 in your inventory
    • Fused Metalloid Scraps
    o Head to the Episode 18 vendor in the Tech Wing of your HQ and purchase the R&D Plan for Fused Metalloid Scraps
    o At any R&D Station, combine Metalloid Scraps into Fused Metalloid Scraps
     Each Fused Metalloid Scrap requires 100 Metalloid Scraps
    • R&D Gear
    o From the Episode 18 vendor, purchase the appropriate R&D Plan for the piece of gear you want to build
    o Purchase the appropriate number of Matter Enhancers from the same vendor
    o At any R&D Station, use the R&D Plan to combine the correct number of Fused Metalloid Scraps and Matter Enhancers to build the gear
    Notes:
    • Metalloid Scraps stack to 999 in your inventory
    • When salvaging, common (green) gear returns a minimum of 2 Metalloid Scraps, and can return significantly more.
    • When salvaging, uncommon (blue) gear returns a minimum of 4 Metalloid Scraps, and can return significantly more.
    • When salvaging, rare (purple) gear returns a minimum of 6 Metalloid Scraps, and can return significantly more.
    • Month 1 R&D Plans include: Chest, Legs, Waist, Back

Known Issues:
    • All inventory icons are placeholder
    • Salvaging for Metalloid Scraps is not yet implemented. Instead, head to the test vendor in your HQ and purchase a Box of Metalloid Scraps for testing purposes.
    • Chest should be 4 Fused Metalloids.
    • Waist should be 7 Matter Enhancers.
    • Back should be 6 Matter Enhancers
    • Like x 5
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Is it intended for each piece to require the same amount of materials? If so the chest require too many Fused Metalloid Scraps (15 vs 4). Also at 4 Fused Metalloid Scraps and get 2 Metalloid Scraps from each common piece, 3 pieces each run, you are looking at 4 weeks for 1 piece of gear instead of 6.

The mark cost also does not require more than 4 weeks. I am not quite sure what the intention is here and what is a bug. I can't test actual Metalloid Scraps without being able to salvage though.

Edit: You can buy the Fused Metalloid Scraps plan after you have collected it.

Edit 2: No bugs while crafting. You get an unattuned piece and that turns into the appropriate gear. You get the style and the recipe works.

Edit 3: You need 9 Matter Enhancers per recipe (5 marks each, 45 marks total). Each plan for the gear costs 75% of the vendor cost so chest & legs - 45, back - 30 and waist - 35.

Fused Metalloid Scraps cost 100 Metalloid Scraps and nothing else. The plan costs 10 marks.

You need 4 Fused Metalloid Scraps for each piece of gear except the chest which needs 15.

Overall the system is pretty fast. Too fast in my opinion based on us getting the ability to get more than 2 Metalloid Scraps per common (green) piece and being able to get 3 pieces per content run. The requirements should be upped by at least 50% when you consider the possibility of uncommon and rare salvage rates.
    • Like x 1
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Actually you can buy all of the plans again if you have collected them. You shouldn't be able to do that.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Chest should be 4 Fused Metalloids.

Waist should be 7 Matter Enhancers.

Back should be 6 Matter Enhancers.
    • Like x 2
  5. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Like Superskull said, please block the plans when you already collected them, similar to legends. With no confirmation window, a missclick is too prone to happen.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sorry folks, still a few issues in this build with numbers, but we want to keep the guts of the system up for you to explore this weekend.
    • Like x 2
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, the prices are wonky, but I suspect these aren't the final prices. The matter enhancer cost should vary by pieces, as should the fused scrap cost. The crafting process itself seems to work fine, though. Creates an unattuned item level 130 gear piece of the appropriate style.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Drop rates don't vary by piece, so the scraps needed (the alternative path) don't vary either.
  9. Loche Developer

Testing a fix for that right now.
    • Like x 2
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Good job, devs. Good job.

I have nothing more to add to the feedback at this time other than that. Anything I've found has already been reported. So just good job. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been craving for the longest time.
    • Like x 2
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Oh, interesting. So, the differentiator is just the Matter Enhancers needed? Or are the plan costs supposed to vary, as well?
  12. Loche Developer

Plan costs and matter enhancers vary.
    • Like x 3
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

When will we see the actual initial intended prices go live on the test server? I have more to say about the system but I want to make sure my feedback is relevant.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All prices are correct except what is noted in the Known Issues section of the thread.
    • Like x 1
  15. inferno Loyal Player

Just to clarify the cost:
    When attempting to create a rare chest:
    Plan = 45 MoV
    Mat. Enhancers (9 pcs at 5 MoV) total of 45 MoV
    Total MoV cost is 90

The legs will cost a total of 80 MoV

The waist
    plan = 35 Mov
    M.E. - 7 - 35
    total cost is 70 Mov

The back
    plan - 30 MoV
    M.E. - 30
    Total cost is 60Mov.
    That is a lot of MoV for one piece. I propose an exchange rate to make it easier. If a player has already purchased the chest piece vendor gear and would like to create the rare gear piece, he can salvage the vendor gear and receive the appropriate number of Material Enhancers to create the piece.

Each piece requires 4 pieces of Fused materials = 400 scrap materials. If a player wants to create all 4 pieces it will be a total of 1600 scrap materials.
    • Like x 2
  16. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I didn't have any issues with crafting the gear. It was all pretty straight forward. The questions I had were answered already. It was a lot less complicated doing it, than when reading over the instructions lol.

One thing, is there a way we can have some kind of mission to find the vendor? I had no idea where in the Tech Wing to find him. He's in the Hanger, apparently. That would be my only request/complaint.
    • Like x 5
  17. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Ok after looking at your numbers i wanted to clarify something.
    The Vender gear for the chest is 60 MOV. So if you wanted to buy 2 pieces it would cost you 120 MOV total.
    However if you did not bother to buy them you could just craft two of the Rare chest for only 15 MOV more. 90 for the first than 45 for the second for a total of 135. Now this may not be the popular thing to say but imo I feel like people will forgo the vender gear and rely on Drops or just crafting. IMO the crafting cost should be a bit higher. Not double the cost but higher. again just my thoughts on it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Considering they are a step above the vendor gear, I'd say those mark prices are pretty cheap.
    • Like x 3
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

The scraps will be more time limiting than the marks. Recall, you'll need a full set of scraps for each piece. In the time it takes to gather those, you'll have accumulated a bunch of marks.
    • Like x 2
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I disagree with everyone regarding the costs. I think they're perfect. Not too expensive, not too cheap. Just right. Especially when you consider the fact that only 2 instances in the relevancy window will drop gear which can be converted in this episode, with one locking out weekly and the other having 0 Purple drops in it to salvage.

Considering that you can get up to about 200 Marks for free per week without spending a single replay, guaranteed, not taking into consideration bonus marks, prom boxes or any other non-standard mark drop, I think the Marks cost is about perfect, too.

Remember that this system is supposed to reward and benefit those who actually want to play all the content in a relevancy window, but can't luck out on the RNG system, not benefit those who want to do very little to get the best reward. Likewise, if it's too complicated and too demanding, then you can never get ahead of the curve or keep up with it and therefore you're back in the same position you were in before the system was introduced.

In other words: get the fixes in and leave it.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.