A look at how the new R&D Gear system works

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Torikumu, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Ichiro Loyal Player

Understood. As you have outlined it does not seem very dual role friendly. My internal optimist says to try it out and hope for the best. However my internal pessimist says that won't work.

Thank again for the cool system. It no doubt took a lot of hard work for it to be developed for this episode. It is definitely an improvement over the drops only system.

Just FYI no need for a response but from my own perspective grinding for 2 sets of gear every month is getting a little tiresome and feels like double the work over the one role players. Would one gear for all roles with 2 mod slots one for DPS the other prismatic be an option in the future. That way no matter how people play we all have the same grind and same time frame.
    • Like x 3
  2. LT Schmitt Committed Player

With it taking 6-8 weeks to gather all the scrapes or one piece is it far to say if I want to save all the scrapes up until the end of a 3 DLC cycle and use them to craft the piece or pieces need to complete the current style?
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Currently sitting on:

2 Duo completions
    1 Raid completion

and have yielded

- 130 Chest (drop)
    - 130 Waist (drop)
    - 23 Metalloids

23 Metalloids out of a 7 drops is > the minimum amount you can get.

As an update to how many metalloids can drop:

Common Gear: 2 to 5 (current maximum I've seen)
    Uncommon Gear: 4-10 (current maximum I've seen)
    Rare Gear: 6-? (haven't salvaged any yet)

Anyone seen any higher numbers?
  4. Loche Developer

public boolean RNGeezus(Object player)
    {
    string charName = GetPlayerName(player);
    if(charName.equals("Torikumu"))
    {
    //he already has too many items, reduce his chances
    player.randomChance.Equals(.0000000001);
    }

boolean loot = Loot.RNGLoot(player.randomChance);

return loot;
    }

;)
    • Like x 19
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

and we thought Mepps was evil lol
    • Like x 3
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Can't. Stop. Laughing!
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Dayum.

RNG Curse in effect, Torikumu.
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

can you salvage anything? meaning I can go into T1 stuff and salvage something for these new materials needed for 130 gear? or is it just these new 122, 126, 130 pieces in episode 18?
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

can I get these new materials from T1 up or is it only from the episode 18 loot?
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Just the Episode 18 gear.
    • Like x 1
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ah crap :(

was hoping it'd be from HoP2 up sorta how they did for the loot drop increases. Ah well I have 50 between 2 characters.

Which is another subject / question, anyone else notice these cant be sent through shared banks? Aren't they pretty much like complex and simple materials?
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

... That is by far, the most cruel thing anybody has ever done to me :(

When will this hotfix go live? Because I can tell it already hasn't due to the 130 Legs and second 130 chest I just received :oops: RNGeezus is smiling down on me today :')
    • Like x 1
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tori's taking bids on the extra 130 chest? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Already attuned it to my DPS off-role, sadly :p

I nearly salvaged it, for the sake of science and research to see how many Metalloids it could potentially yield. But then I thought nah

Seriously, I was going to do this cute little thing where I start in Adaptive Android (my chosen style) and replace each piece with pure black "Herald of the Black" style so it looked as though I was becoming corrupted over time. But I've already got 3 pieces of the style >.< so now I just look like a poor man's Black Lantern :(
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

They are neither tradable nor account bound, and they are tied to the content from which the gear you intend to craft drops. The scraps are basically an indication of time put into running that content on your toon. Remember Symbols? ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

To expand on this:

When Episode 19 comes out, the scraps will still be the same. So what that means is that the number of scraps you get daily will increase. Because there's more daily content to run. Same for episode 20.

But Episode 21 will introduce a new scrap, which will then be used to craft the new gear.
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yes I remember those :oops:
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is what I wanna do when the full set is out, over the course of a week set a piece of the style to the style Im wearing see if anyone in my league notices and says anything lol

til Im fully corrupted w/ a fat black aura (since I dont have corrupted or blk smoke aura)
    • Like x 1
  19. Polymerase Well-Known Player

Come on now, there's an extra String and Boolean there what you don't even need!!! :p
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

Fixed it for you ^