A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Basically, your Pets CR would be based off of your base CR instead of your equipped CR. For example, my equipped CR was 136 for a bit and the whole time, Crystal's CR was 137, my base CR, causing her to do more damage to NPCs of a higher level than she should be.
  2. Maximus Hunter Well-Known Player

Pets cr was based on overall player and not equiped cr. Pets worked like this before equiped cr was even added to the game. So its hardly a bug but more like an oversight in implementation of equiped cr.
    • Like x 1
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

It would be noticeable for someone who only had all 112s for dps gear but maxed out tank gear, but if you level both sets evenly the pet would lose 1 or 2 cr at most. It would affect Brick too, but I don't pet tank thankfully.

I have 1 earth with tank focused gearing, and one on the other faction that's dps heavy. Both will now just have to share between roles, or raise cr up on dps first.

You think this has come from QQ by other powers about lower cr earth winning the all important scoreboard?
    • Like x 3
  4. L T Devoted Player

Respectfully, we didn't have a discussion. I didn't respond because this is exactly the kind of non-productive discussion I wanted to avoid. I didn't call you wrong. I didn't ignore your input, or ask you to explain yourself, and I didn't call you "someone like that". What I said was:
    If you're not interested in hearing that my test results were different than yours, that's fine, but that's really all I said.

I generally use patrol catastrophe for testing. I have a CR105 toon permanently parked there on the test server. I've gotten used to the approximate range of damage in to expect from the various attacks that show up there, and I can control the number of enemies by running around and waking up more sleeping adds.
  5. L T Devoted Player

In more than one of my tests, GS non-aftershocked broke after 1 hit and absorbed only 10 damage. It was cast in the middle of combat and did not time out -- it broke immediately after 1 hit. When I saw that I looked up the bug report and gave it a vote.

I haven't seen that behavior out of HL Shield. I've only gotten it to break by timing out or by taking full damage. Is there an exact number of hits that will break it early?
  6. Dogico Loyal Player

There isn't an exact number of hits required for it to break, just a large amount within 2-3 seconds. Step into an instance where there are a lot of enemies and you are vastly overgeared (I did Nexus raid first boss fight) and you'll see what I'm talking about.
  7. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Hey, I recently switched a toon to earth to help my league. I'm using aftershock loadout but my issue is when I hit JH and then try to aftershock I sometimes do a weapon attack. I'm I dong something wrong or what? I don't seem to be getting cc either.
    Ty in advance
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

Some people have issues with aftershocks not working, where others never see it. It's a strange bug.

Perhaps it's a key binding thing? Try putting jackhammer in a different loadout slot and see if that works.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

That kinda sucks lol ty for response I'll try that out.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I've had it happen to me and I'm a long time earth vet... Happened to me last night in HH I quickly put on my GSS to help ..

But basically it's a timing issue on your part ... Don't worry what inwould do if I were you

I'd go sone place and jeep after shocking and figure out when it dies it so you kniw not to do what ever it is you do when that happens like maybe you're not hittin square fast enough or too fast etc... Maybe you moved the directional stuck or something

just practice find out where you notice it happen and figure out what you did to do it and what you can to correct it

Don't test in an instance test in your base or wherever nit around adds ... Do all kinds of weird stuff while you test like tap r2 while you aftershock etc

Also if you're on the PS3/4 place the power on the same slot as you would do melee attacks like r2 square l2 square mskes it easier
    • Like x 1
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Has anyone seen the damage from brawling weap mastery into the aoe? It's really good if you haven't tried id recommend it and see what you think
  12. Fies Committed Player

Using brawling-wm on my earth due to no hb drop and I have to say its great. Also sc-buildup is really fast. Can definetely compete with hb imo.
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

I've ran weapon parses with WM and non WM Handblasters, 2H, Dual Wield, and Shield. So far the highest parse I've found is non WM Handblasters Solar Flame clipping but I'd be willing to give Brawling a go once I get some to drop.
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

Also I see the Earth thread getting pretty slow once Atomic drops lol.
  15. Veritech Loyal Player

Lol.
    My Earth toons will be staying Earth. Pretty keen to see how well Atomic tanks though.
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

Carry the torch, dude. My main will be switching to Atomic as both the dps and tank side look much amazing.
  17. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I'm staying Earth as well. I'm not a fan of the Atomic Tanking at all. I'll tell you later on league chat. When they bring up the discussion for Earth updated damage I will for sure be there and I will for sure try to push for Jackhammer/Upheaval as much as I can.
  18. Pults Loyal Player

AFTERSHOCK AM! We, as a community, should push it.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I too will be switching it's everything I've really asked for just shy of being a "physical tank" power set they could easily have made this their physical power set
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Hehe I'll be right beside you on Test :)