A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

No it has power regen and you start it by hitting fortify golem
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

Just to expand on what Jp said, earth does not have powerback, but we trigger increased power regeneration from the next 2 geokinesis tree powers used after activating fortify golum.

The theory is that we should only be using 2, maybe 3 powers in between fortify's cooldown when clipping out of weapon attacks. The regen is enough to compensate for fortify + the 2 powers used, so if we are using the AM as intended our power consumption is not an issue.

To use an example, correct rotation with dual wield into explosive shot weapon mastery to get adequate power regen would be;

WM clipped with fortify, WM clipped with (insert power here), WM clipped with (insert power here). Then back to the start.
    *Of course you clip in reinforce wherever you feel, such as after fortify, this is just an example.
    • Like x 2
  3. Xzotix Committed Player

LOL. That explains my ungodly power consumption.
    I was actually running it like ice (hides head in shame).
    Went back and read all the description for the powers and saw no mention of this mechanic.
    This actually much simpler. Thanks!!!

EDIT: Which is the suggested SC, Entomb sounds really cool, Meteor Shower sound effective.
    ...Now that I have an open slot...;).
  4. Veritech Loyal Player

No probs. Simple is my thing ;)
  5. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Movement SC. They give power to pets for that extra damage. ;)

For Super Speed, it's Speed Drain.

Acro is Backflip

Flight is Vacuum Bubble

Skimming is Gale (I think, if I'm wrong someone will let you know)

If you have the SP, it's way worth it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Veritech Loyal Player

Agree. Meteor Shower is the only decent dps super in our trees, but it's only worth it when combined with a weapon mastery crit.
    Crystal excludes all WM crits so a movement SC is the best option due to it giving free power to your pet to do one or two extra hits.

You have to weigh up whether you want to fill a loadout slot with a power you might only use twice in a run though. Charging up your SC bar before a run can be worthwhile, but not always possible.
    • Like x 3
  7. Xzotix Committed Player

Thanks everyone, very helpful.
  8. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Side note: The SCs also give power to you and your entire group, including their pets. Good for you and the team. ;)
  9. Xzotix Committed Player

NICE!!! Thanks again. :)
  10. The Corrupt New Player

So Earth DPS users, is there a viable end game way to use a dazed/jackhammer loadout?

I was thinking Pebble Blast, Rienforce, Debris Field, Fority Golem, Jackhammer, Summon Crystal. Would this work and be worth while?
  11. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Hey, I am in the wagon.

So, using Crystal and Scissors Kick, what is a good ratio Might/Prec?
  12. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

I mainly use a dazed loadout for duals or PVP, but for Pve, I normally don't use the aftershocks, takes up too much time and does little damage when compared to how hard weapon combos are hitting nowadays.

But your loadout is fine save for Jackhammer. I would put a SC in it's place.
    • Like x 1
  13. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

While I haven't tested the numbers myself, it does seem to favor Precision heavy modding due to how low Earth's might damage is.

As for weapon combos, this is also my go to combo. Quick and very strong burst damage to go with Crystal's damage. But Brawling range WM combos and Two Handed works just as well.
    • Like x 1
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

I ran might vs prec numbers back in the gu47 discussion.

Prec consistently came out on top.

Certain weapon combos have since seen a buff where our might powers remain the same as back then, so depending on the combo used a full prec setup would have an even greater margin over might now.
    • Like x 3
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Gemstone shield is still broken, correct? I can only get one shard.
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

Press square after casting it and you should get more than one shard.
  17. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

It breaks way too early
  18. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Oh!!! Hahahaha Thanks a lot. I got it.
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

My DPS loadout is Rumblecrush, Debris field, Fort Golem, Totem, Crystal and reinforce.
    Open with Fortify rumble then debris field, reinforce, get close and totem, step back and WM rinse repeat.

They really buffed the hell out of Crystal. I was thinking of putting speed drain in the loadout somewhere.
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

If crystal has a full power bar, don't open with fortify.
    You're trying to fill a cup that's already full, grasshopper.