A concern with power management in the revamp

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Fatal Star, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Now that all powers are on test, overall changes for trolls I'd like to see:

•PoT stacking - reduces the amount of power dumps needed to keep people up
    •Increase the strength of PoT the smaller the group gets.
    •Add power out to debuffs- when a troll attacks a debuffed enemy, it triggers a small amount of power for the whole group.
    •Increase potency of debuffs to 30%, this would make them far more desirable, they're not exactly at that level yet.
    •Add power out to PI's instead of increased damage in troll role. Right now it's hard for a troll to empty their power bar, the rest of your group is hurting but the troll has all this power to give, so giving them more options to give power while applying CC and debuffs will help them empty their bars and make trolling more engaging.

Any other ideas feel free to add.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Wouldn't people with "the highest power percentage" be the ones using might powers instead of weapon attacks? I don't get that. That should be changed to might & precision attacks and give trolls other buffs like one for the tank and another one for the healer. Trolls should be the go to utility support role rather then just being battery. Give power, do debuffs that make an impact, give more buffs like this one and CC that works together with the tank or be able to pull it off tank or another player when things get hairy.
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

Just remove blue bubbles from alerts and duos. To teach players self responsability and to even out the gameplay in all instances, i would even go so far to remove blue bubbles completely. In addition, you could give all bosses a shield buff at some times so that if there is no debuff, dammage is allways low (like in the cathedral, fight against jaret)
    • Like x 1
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

It's current power percentage*. As in people using their weapon will be most of the time using hardly any power and be maxed out all the time. Those people will be the one's getting the weapon buff. The power dump's power goes to might based users burning through power being low all the time. The power dump's weapon buff goes to prec based users or less power hungry might-based technically if you don't have prec based people.
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

power is behaving weird! example:

you get on test, you make your loadout, you try it out and after some time, of course you are dry out of power (if PFTT is your thing, you all know what i mean). oh well, the convenience is strong on test server: you have 250 sp you can spend into stats. of course as PFTT you take might/power and max it out first.

you try your rotation again and think: "hell yeah, im unstoppable now! i will never dry out of power ever again" ^^
    then you go to the test equippment vendor and buy 190cr gear, because why not? so, you put on your gear and go directly into the battle fields. only to realise that you run out of power after seconds ^^

should the power you are needing to use powers realy increase with gear, calculating you are allways fully modded at any time and also have all generator mods for the current level your character is in atm? guess it should better not. because: when was the last time you were leveling an alt and allways modded accordingly if you dropped a piece of gear? and how about those cr200 folks with like 150 sp?

fail...
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This thread somehow is constantly necro'd lol. Goes to show there really was a concern with power management in the revamp :p

I don't think mods or SP should be incorporated into the scaling system at all. The way they have it now is basically saying to even be adequate with your play style, you need the very best things available to you. Like saying if I want to bake a cake, I need a $300 baking pan, $50 utensils, only the best organic ingredients, etc. That shouldn't be the case....
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

totally ageed, good example. btw, i am a subscriber to your youtoube channel.
    video was totally awesum (i never played riffle because of its lunge), i will try it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That run made me fall in love with rifle, I never really liked it before
    • Like x 1
  9. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

I have a question about this. Is power use based on:
    (a) Might stat
    (b) Equipment CR
    (c) Character CR
    (d) Something else? Or a combination?

I don't think it's (c)... that would really suck for those using older OP items once this hits live.

They said they were scaling the power somehow with the might when buying might via skill points... I don't know if that necessarily makes (a) the case though.

(b) would be the ideal, giving those with OP items one more reason to keep the old sub-160 pieces.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Power is used by your tray powers, power combos (light), and breakout.
    Power consumption is based on your equipped CR. So a 201 CR person will cost more power to cast than a 190 CR person.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

the range of its lunge is a huge disatvantage. need to use a power (example: rage has many powers lunging at target) for it, or a pull.
  12. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Perfect. I got a character that got really lucky with OP. Will probably be able to PfT easily with her.
  13. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Question about the vitalization stat:

Does it still impact active power regeneration from weapon use? ie Would it be useful for hybrid builds?
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Little testing I did with Light, Rage and Atomic combos I was specced like:
    - PftT power mastery,
    - 200 sp all in crits and Power/Might stats,-
    - Red and Yellow sockets were Might+Power Olympian
    - 2x Blue sockets Health+ Power Olympian

So Iike you see I went for a very Power dedicated build and with 190cr I was above 40 000 Power stat.
    Even with that amount of Power after few minutes doing combos at sparring targets I was going out of power which seems a bit shocking to be honest.

I didnt even test that fancy rotations.
    Atomic I was using the 2 main melee combos occasionally clipped with Unleash antimatter+ Proton Remedy.
    Light I was toying with Claws>Final Claw> Ram>1x Whip Trash clipped with Light Weight Strike
    Rage I was using Dreadful Blastx2> Outrage(no tap combo)>Extra Measure> Revenge> Revenge Spin clipped with Violence+Severe Punishment.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

MOST of my alts have only the mods you can get
    from amazonian outpost in theyr generator...
    i guess i will have a hard time on cr200
    needles to say: only alfa mods, if any...
    WE NEED PREFABS, PLEASE!!!
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Nope , but yes we need option to have more power, by increasing the might and power sp cap