A concern with power management in the revamp

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Fatal Star, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yes, great ideas! What if they made bosses susceptible to CC's but only by Controllers and only in certain windows (like say right before a telegraphed one-shot mechanic). Maybe even add in some match-level NPC's that can only be controlled by trollers. This could definitely help make trollers more useful. For raids anyways.
    • Like x 5
  2. E Clip Dedicated Player

Yeah thats the idea, troller specific mechanics that no other role can do, be it for bosses or NPC's or anything really, perhaps even some enviromental mechanics which arent boss specific but part of the arena/room you're fighting in.
    • Like x 3
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yes, I definitely agree that having Controllers with good situational awareness and multi-tasking made PW so, so much smoother. But I always felt that the greater freedom and mobility we had as Controllers stemmed from the fact that our jobs were the least demanding.

But you're right that saving people with a quick res is something the community has come to embrace as the Controller's job. Perhaps this could be emphasized even more by making Controllers able to res people 1 sec faster. Or maybe they could get an innate shield that activates only when they start resing. Or something even more extreme would be a supercharge that automatically starts resing downed players somehow (like with a helper robot or beam of holy light, lol).
  4. mexmex Dedicated Player

Of they can also remove the power back mechanics in raids And alerts so the controller become relevant again, I dont think this will happen since most Of the people only want dcuo easy mode And break as fast as possible the raids And be done with those in less than 15 minutes. God forgive to have a small difficulty in the content, because the crowd comes to the forums to complain And demanding nerfs after nerfs, the day the Game cattered towards casual players the day the Game became a borefest, And the only reason to keep people playing was the horrid grind fest as It was the AFIII DLC, while I have grinded a lot before I always did It in my own pace, And achieve most Of the feats, but runinning meaningless content just to grind increasing falsely the duration Of the dlc Is awful, And It seems to be the standard now, good luck with It, that will drive more people away.

The stat revamp was needed, the AM CR DIFFERENTIAL needed to be gone, allow the people to choose what powers to use was a good idea, awfully implemented in test server, It Is a revamp Of the AM where every power Is so
    Similar now, and all because people refuse to even take care Of their own power managment And wanted to play as they do now in live (1234 fest).
    • Like x 4
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Thank you fatal star :D

I extensively tested out Hybrid, Weapons Focused, and Playing from the tray in Solo Content against Artemis.

Weapons focused- I didn't need to mod, didn't need to spec into power, just needed precision.. Very smooth.

Hybrid- Even smoother then Weapons Focused. Artemis didn't stand a chance because I could always regain power very quickly with my weapons and cast the strong attacking powers.

One more thing to note: With Hybrid and Weapons, I could still do damage and get power-regeneration without slowing down the pace of combat. I couldn't do that with a Fully Modded Play from The Tray setup.

Playing From the Tray- Fully modded, had to slow down and stop fighting, had to use low powers to conserve power, and almost died alot of times due to being low on power.

Sure PFTT is better then it was before, but you're handicapping yourself if you're not using hybrid or Weapons Focused in solo content.

Power regeneration still does need a lot of work.. +1 from me.
    • Like x 2
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm reaching the point where I want them just to give us AM level power regen in solo/duo content.
  7. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

That is because hybrid is the way the game is sopose to be played by a dps. The game was never attended for play styles like AM. There not gonna change the power back on PftT unless the devs just don't care about the game. Because trolls already pissed because AMs make them useless.

BTW yes i am comparing AM to PftT because by the looks of it you want the same Power back mechanic AMs have on live if PftT gets that this revamp was pointless. (you might not want it as the same but any buffs from where it is now will basically make it a full blown Advanced mechanic)
    • Like x 1
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The overpowered stuns and massive damage introduced to the DPS roles is what killed controllers. Before AM's a good controller could give meaningful PI's, buffs & debuffs and you could tell. AM's killed that. I don't know how many times I had players comment on how they never had as much damage before. Those PI's, buffs & debuffs that controllers had / have that buff other powers was awesome and could make or break a group. Now with the DPS getting all the overriding stuns and massive damage you cannot see any of that now. So yeah, they think the controller blows especially the new guys ( started after GU 47 ).
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

i disagree. trolls should CC and debuff. i think it is good that power regenerates passively.
    however: i think that weapon combos should NOT AT ALL.
    reason: playing from the tray needs to spam all the time. weapons refilling power is WRONG!
    hybrids dont need to replenish so much power, they use powers only here and there!
    the whole concept of weapon attacks give mana back is WRONG! WRONG!
    passive regeneration is one step in the right direction, they make cooldowns obsolete:
    yes, COOLDOWNS OBSOLETE!
    also: vitalization should make power regeneration faster, not the power pool.
    this is SO WRONG!!! i would even go so far to say it makes no sense at all!

instead of vitalization (wich is only there for mana regen in the first place) enhancing power back,
    they desided that power pool in combination with weapon attacks will do the trick.
    anybody: explain that to me, I JUST DONT GET IT (because it makes no sense)
    • Like x 2
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Can you post for once without blindly assuming or attacking someone? I'm not wanting to be self sustaining, I'm merely wanting stuff to be balanced. And Right now as Fatal Star Said: You have an Easier time with Hybrid versus using Playing from the tray.

I get that Hybrid is supposed to be the Standard Play-style, but with Hybrid I can keep getting regeneration thanks to weapon attacks and thanks to Weapon Regeneration. With PFTT; I have to either slow down the fight or struggle.

By all means PFTT shouldn't be like AM's, but I seriously hate having to slow-down to wait for Passive Regeneration to kick in.

With Hybrid I don't have to slow down the combat in Solo content.
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

not to mention "weapon only" users. what else do they need power for, except weapon buffs? shields maybe... thats all.
  12. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

Deleted message.
    • Like x 1
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

I don't know what u mean here, I am playing since early 2012 and as a good DD i was never relying on any PI applied by a controller and the only buff I was receiving from a controller was the power regeneration buff if they were missing in the group.
    • Like x 1
  14. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

Yea, when you hear troll the first thing you think about is power. Some players are literary trying to change DCUO in a totally different game now lol. (trying)
    • Like x 2
  15. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You didn't understand what a good controller could do then & probably had no idea that they were giving you PI's for extra damage when it was happening. Mental was / is the best at it.

That's part of the game that very few paid attention to because most are only concerned about their own damage instead of the teams overall damage.
  16. Isif Committed Player

...and the extra damage (before the change) when you could explode encasements. You are absolutely right that the nuance of trolling is commonly overlooked. Battery (..oh that dirty word again) was the obvious part of the role. :D
  17. Roocck Committed Player

WOW!! Trolls are not dead, the fact is that without trolls there are no cc or power for Healers and Tanks which are very important roles. We all know that Healers and Tanks without power is a total fail. I have seen trolls struggle keeping everyone's powered up. As of today with AM in affect with power back mechanics trolls still struggle to keep everyone at full bar, especially for Sorcery healers, Nature, Electric, Earth, Sorcery DPS. Power back mechanics in my opinion is one of the best ideas that could've happened to DCUO.
    When Sorcery was on test I decided to download the server and check out what changes were made and I tried solo Iceberg Lounge and struggled with power wiping several times. I can only imaging how this is going to play out on live. I hope that there will adjustments made before releasing.
    • Like x 2
  18. Isif Committed Player

Solo? Sorcery? Where does the troll part happen? Seriously though, I don't wish for the demise of my favorite role. Self-regen, in high amounts, is a troll killer.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What was your spec? Stats? Loadout? When I used sorc DPS I barely had power issues and that was with fury out.
  20. Roocck Committed Player

Choice of weapon: Hand Blaster

DPS Powers: Weapon of Destiny, Offering, Transmutation, Shard of Life, Grand Summoning and Summon Watcher or Fury

Loadout: from Left to right Offering, Transmutation, Summon Watcher or Fury, Grand Summoning, Shard of Life and Weapon of Destiny

Execution with Fury and weapon combo: start with Offering, Scissor Kick, Shard of Life clipped with Weapon of Destiny, Scissor kick, Transmutation, Scissor Kick rinse and repeat