A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

So I've been running with a small variation of my old load-out and the thing hits hard....really really hard.
    I run BW, WT, IB, Ref, WW, and I'm switching the last one up between II and VB.
    I'll clip WT with Ref and BW with IB, keep WW for when the powers are on cooldown.
    I can keep this rotation up for about 30-45 seconds and then I hit a point when all powers are on cooldown. I'll extend into 2 extra combos at this point.
  2. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

That is awesome.
  3. Radium Devoted Player

Winter Ward has been severly nerfed.

I can't get it to hit any more than twice. I tried it out against a wing armor (you've all seen the numbers go off when he does hes spin attack), still only twice.

Don't know if its a bug or not, I'll file it later on.
  4. Radium Devoted Player

Can anyone tell me when encasements have been able to take damage?

I'm encasing dummies and both power and weapon attacks are getting through.
  5. Radium Devoted Player

I'd switch Reflection with Frost Snipe.

Since WW is weaker now I'm going to throw it in my load-out for the cooldown times. Getting a 1000 crit with it on frostbitten enemies and the lack of cooldown makes it a go to single target power now.

Give it a whirl and get back to me.
  6. xWorldkiller New Player

If you're still running this loadout I would suggest switching Winter Ward for Shatter Restraints, SR does the same as WW but the advantage is that SR will give the PI dot field from clipping BW with SR and you still reflect damage back. Let me know if you try it.
  7. Radium Devoted Player

WW is gone already with it hitting for much less ticks now and I threw Frost Snipe on instead. I'm gunna check out what kind of damage I can do with SR first though. Having all 3 power clips in my load-out could get me very power hungry very fast lol
  8. Radium Devoted Player

Someone asked me to check on SC's tonight and I'll share what I showed them so far.

Checked this out on the HoD dummies using a FoS trinket with roughly 1950 Might beforehand, Ice Bash and a 50% modifier in that order to simulate a raid situation.

Freeze Ray will hit 17 times on one target. The damage on the single target came out to 2764 with 3 crits and 3155 with 5 crits.

Vacuum Bubble will hit 8 times on each target it hits without splitting damage. The damage came to 1987 with 2 crits and 2096 with 3 crits.

Basically, Freeze Ray is the superior single target SC since it won't stop damage on encasements and the ability to get nearly 3 beams off compared to 2 VBs.

I'm going to see how Blizzard stacks up against them both tomorrow.

Once again, do not use Deep Freeze.....ever.
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

sense your talking SC's i am highly considering forgoing the 35% finisher and instead running a SC instead
    the 50% supers hit harder and I think i'll get just as many of them off as a 35% finisher on boss fights as I don't ever see myself running a 35% in my normal loadout and only putting one in for boss battles.

Thoughts from my fellow tank brothers?
  10. Radium Devoted Player

It really depends on the raid I find.
    From my point of view all SC's are situational anyways so I like mixing them up, I've been able to do it more frequently since the update.

Look at Gates. The Hallway seems like a great place to drop a Blizzard but it will split damage into oblivion with it (I tried this the other night, I'm convinced that there isn't limit on the amount of targets, little yellow numbers everywhere and I felt like Pre-Nerf Elec for a minute lol). VB won't split in that situation.

For Prime, Freeze Ray is perfect for No-Tag runs and burning Brainiac quickly. VB is good for the drones but they split off from each other quickly so you might not of hit them all. Blizzard is a VERY large aoe so no matter how far they stray they still have a better chance of being hit. The question is if the damage will split off enough to make it worth the use.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I've been toying with impaling ice. It does it's damage initially and applies the 50% mod then delays and finishes with a knockback and a larger damage. What i've been toying with is jump canceling it and hitting frost snipe. When under 35% it's like using 2X frost snipe in the time of one. Is it efficient, heck no, but is it bursty, yeppers.

So right now I've been playing with the finishers, so far it seems decent. I've never been a big fan of SC, use them a couple times a raid, doesn't seem worth it.

But if you find yourself only using a finisher a couple times a raid might be better /shrug.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Split damage Blizzard or unsplit resonating gale, which is more damage?
  13. Radium Devoted Player

Guess it depends on how many enemies there are. Blizzard still hits hard and I think it starts spliting heavily at 4. I don't believe both have a limit to how many they hit so I would wager the more adds you have the better option RG is.

If a Tank wants to rustle me up some hard hitting adds in South Gotham tomorrow I'll be down to find out.
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i did this load otu but switched ww with both frost snipe and freeze wave...freeze wave gives a dot but its not as impressive as frost snipe.... however freeze wave i assume hits multiple targets
  15. Radium Devoted Player

Yup, you'll get the multiple target hit from Freeze Waves range (hits up to 4 only, I think no splitting) and get Ice Field dropping. Could go good either way depending on if Ice Field splits damage which I haven't seen yet.
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Freeze wave is nice if you are up in melee, problem is you have to be in melee.so when you run up to the range only bosses you have to change loadout or be ready to have a useless spot in the loadout. Still really like the power just those are the downfalls of it.

I'm a big fan of frost snipe, sure there's no splash damage which is nice on adds, but I keep resonating gale in my loadout as well. With 2 powers that can clip it I'm happy with it alone for AE.
  17. Aqua New Player

Can anyone provide me with a solid loadout for dps in pvp and tank in pvp. I got WT, FS, BW and IB but after that I'm not sure what to use from a dps standpoint.
  18. TrueMarvel New Player

Snow Devil is giant now! It kinda freaks me out.
  19. Radium Devoted Player

I was using WW, but they either nerfed it or broke it now so it hits for far less.

It still gets you up from knockdowns so its still good, just not as. You could try Shatter Restraints instead. It still gets you up and it inflicts Ice Field on enemies.

I use II as well. Hits hard, great for finishing off people. Stick Pen Strikes on as a chest mod and even better.
  20. Aqua New Player

Ah forgot about impaling. Ok thanks that fills everything up pretty good, gonna give it a whirl in arenas.