A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

Your right....too op maybe?

OPOP!
  2. recespieces31 New Player

Most likely
  3. xWorldkiller New Player

Man I feel like I just bought the game lol, im sitting here looking at my empty loadout bar:(
  4. xWorldkiller New Player

Ok after like 100 respecs and some duos later I landed on this:
    ***Im using Dual Wield
    ***weapon combo = tap 3 hold 1
    Ice Bash, Wintry Tempest, Frost Snipe, Resonating Gale, Reflection, Blizzard
    My rotation at the moment is IB>WT>weapon combo clip>FS>weapon combo clip>RS clip>Reflection>repeat
    and i gotta say is doing pretty good.
  5. Apple Drops New Player

So I'm thinking of utilizing dots from storm and burst from cryo. Think that would be a good mix or will I just end up being moderate and good at neither? Lol, downloading update so I'm just waiting until I can put power points into my loadout.
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just a thought but wouldn't WT/IB be better as less animation time, sure you're dropping in modifier slightly but cutting out an entire animation seems like it might be more no?

Also why FS first? to make use of the 50% modifier? just thinking might be better to get the second chill effect in faster so you can get to ice armor faster. Also would be a more consistent placement for the frostbite PI as WT would have just been used.
  7. recespieces31 New Player

Well, Ice Armor may have gotten a new Visual, but my opinion on it still stands
    Loving the 100% Dom and Resto for WW, SR, and Reflect

Overall on the Tanking front, not many Changes
  8. xWorldkiller New Player

Yeah I realized all that right after posting it hehe, thanks though.
  9. Radium Devoted Player

It still seems weird though lol
    Remember that the shields weren't changed at all in the first update. Without it coming later Tanks would of had zip. Ice Armor still doesn't count for them either no matter what they say.
  10. Radium Devoted Player

It's what I was playing with last night. Worked nice for me, but I'm gunna try things out without using the new PI and see what I find.
  11. Radium Devoted Player

Thats close to what I had on, but I was mixing it up the whole night.

If I stick with that quick clip loadout it's definitely going to take some getting used too.
  12. xWorldkiller New Player

yeah im sticking with that loadout for the time being its pretty fast and doesnt use that much power, I ran soul alchemy last night and was with a fire dps, I outdpsed him by 75k it felt pretty good to say the least:cool:.
  13. recespieces31 New Player

That is true...up until they added the 100% Dom and Resto, Ice Tanking didn't receive any mechanic changes, but I am not saddened by this fact...it tells me that Ice Tanking wasn't all that messed up to begin with

As for Ice Armor, while getting rid of the animation lag is great, it still is not that uselful in Tank stance because powers will still have to be used in order to "taunt" enemies to gain aggro...I wish Ice Armor would have been made into it's own power, in place of Ice Elemental, that way running the risk of activating Ice Armor would no longer exist and Ice Elemental moved to take the place of Deep Freeze, since it is nearly identical to Freeze Ray
  14. Apple Drops New Player

Ooh, just noticed that bitter winds inflicts frost bite now. Would it be better to still use wintry tempest even though it isn't maneuverable compared to bitter winds? There's also that damage split too. Do the DOTs from freeze wave and resonating gale stack or no? If I can get ice armor up quickly for the 50% boost, I don't think I'll need wintry tempest and rather go bitter winds for the frost bite PI.
    Currently trying out this loadout:
    Resonating Gale - Ice Boulder Strike - Bitter Winds - Ice Bash - Reflection - Cold Snap
    I'll be taking out cold snap and replace it with freeze wave if DOTs stack.
  15. recespieces31 New Player

Bitter Winds has always inflicted Frostbite, it was just never in the power description
  16. Radium Devoted Player

They did stack, but it was takin off the test server.
  17. Apple Drops New Player

Welp, never knew that lol. No wonder it seemed wasteful to use wintry tempest and bitter winds together, at least for me it did lol.
    Ahh, what a shame. I played with the dummy a bit and it seems I don't wanna use cold snap since I can't clip it lol. Right now I'm doing bitter winds - hit x2 hold square with one handed - gale - clip with ice bash - hit x2 hold square with one handed - ice boulder - clip with reflection then do the rotation all over again. All I need now is better gear to get more power, t1 gear isn't giving me enough lol.
  18. Apple Drops New Player

Welp, loving this new ice bash, getting 6 crits in a row, this is insane lol.
  19. Radium Devoted Player

Dont forget ice armor boosts ice bashes crit chance now as well.
  20. FeelsGood New Player

Ice update = ice armor is your friend