A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

ice armors pretty great... im trying to build a range dps... and so far ive had pretty good success buti think its only pretty good cause..it was so bad before...

WT/IB/ResGale/Frostblast/this slot ive messedaround with a bunch of different powers/blizzard
    im using bow....cause i love bow... any advice?
  2. xWorldkiller New Player

I would include frost snipe in there, the amount of crits you get from IB+FS is insane and pretty fast too
  3. recespieces31 New Player

For Ice Damage Dealing...still rather useless for Ice Tanking
  4. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Well at least it doesn't interfere with shields now.
  5. recespieces31 New Player

That's about the only useful mechanic for a Tank
  6. xWorldkiller New Player

I think Im addicted to activating Winter Ward that thing looks amazing
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

yeah i raided last night i did gates/fos1/fos3 and i gotta say my health bar barely moved im full t4 modded out ...and have 125 sp so i can fill all my proper innates... i was switchin between winter ward and reflect pretty much the entire run and only hitting Shatter when i was being tossed... gotta say the shields are far stronger with resto being a factor..and winterwards shield looks so awesome... plus i was using the mod from the lair that gives me health back from shields and man it makes a world of difference i cant wait to try prime out with this now... i switched from earth to ice last night and as much as i love earth dpsing... i dont think i want to give up ice tanking...
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

oh and ill def try frost snipe out... im afraid im not utilizing the new dot system though with my load out
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So basically it's just there for you to look cool? I'm debating switching to ice. I like new effects more than fire's but I'm just concerned about my effectiveness as a tank. (Yes shiney things things sway me easily)
  10. Radium Devoted Player

Don't be fooled by what people are saying about Ice lagging behind.

It's an issue for the future with fairly easy remedies.

Right now though, Ice is as effective as the other 2 and we just got buffed shields on top of that. Just be aware that unless you have a shield up, one shots can happen to you as a Tank.
  11. Radium Devoted Player

I've been playing with it as well, not overly worth it for me.

If someone has been able to work it well then I'm all ears though.
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yea I Know my first character was Ice but when the game launched everyone was ice s I made fire guy to be different. I chose Ice because Ice-man was my favorite X-character, so Now I'm hoping to simply rediscover that lost feeling. At the same time I don't want to abandon fire...decisions decisions.
  13. recespieces31 New Player

You can read my take on Ice Armor in the guide, but it really doesn't offer anything useful for Tanks
  14. Radium Devoted Player

So I can leave that off my things to update this weekend? lol
  15. recespieces31 New Player

Yup...ha ha
  16. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

On it. Time to pull my ol' Drift Hazard out of retirement.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

So this is crazy power hungry but... It's been kinda silly single target damage when i've been playing with it.

Loadout: Impaling Ice, Cold Snap, Reflection, Ice Bash, Frost Snipe, Freeze Ray.

Start with Cold Snap/Reflection/Ice Bash, then weapon combo.

Here's the part that I've been playing with that's crazy power hungry. Hit impaling ice, Jump, then hit frost snipe. You get the initial damage of impaling ice plus the damage from frost snipe in basically the same time once you get use to it. It's stupid how much power it uses... but when compared to gadget/HL not really any more. I haven't raided with it yet just test dummies, but I think my troller friends can keep up.

So just rotate that and hit coldsnap/ice bash next time it's up and you're riding the 50% modifier and just chain Impaling/Frost Snipe for a minute. Working Freeze ray in with trinkets.

I'm really looking forward to running a PB with this =) Had test dummies dead before I could finish a second combo =)
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

so ..... im range dpsing....and i did veng dawn and gates.. me and a gadget dps..were neck and neck the entire time and i just barely squeezed out more damage then him he kept dyin cause he was melee and i was ranged he went down at circe 3 times .... im not hitting like crazy numbers but the hard hits and the constant dot on ads really makes ice shine...
  19. Ronaz Ved New Player

So I was fooling around with the Snow Devil while doing the Striker's Island DLC missions and a Huge Snow Devil appeared. It was awesome looking at it attack my enemies. I took some screenshots.
    Now it's a small one every time I use it. Anyway here are the screens.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

A good ranged loadout is ice bash,, reflect, frostblast, wintry tempest,resonating gale, impaling ice. Already beat a top notch hl, sorcery and gadgets dps on the charts. Rotation to follow