A/B - I will not heal a Rage tank. It cannot be completed without 100+ trolls.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Feb 19, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

Then I'm not sure you understand my point. I'll be damned if I spam my entire power bar to get the tank from 20K to 30K health and have that still only be 50% of his total health bar.

I keep an eye on the Rage Tank's health bar and how it fluctuates. If it moves up/down in very small increments, then I'm cued that he has a very large pool of health and I'm not to waste my power trying to top him of. If I see spike movement on the health bar, then I'm ready to heal as needed.
    • Like x 1
  2. NyteSkye New Player

When I was setting up group for Nexus, this DPS I picked up goes, "Get an extra DPS, 4 DPS, 1 heal 2 trolls 1 tank... It's 'FASTER'..." The way he said it was awkward... Then we explain to him we are in no rush and we don't need 4 DPS, nor were we going to make a leaguemate solo heal against her will. So he complains, calls us trash, but then I kicked him :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Kristyana New Player

Maybe with the UI revamp, people will be able to see the health of their teammates as an actual number.

I'm glad you get how it works, because a lot of healers don't, including the one you're replying to. Rage tanks can take huge spikes when Rage is active and they aren't blocking, but then again they're supposed to. You can't heal a Rage tank the same way you would heal a normal one in that situation.
    • Like x 2
  4. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

..I
    I just.. Can't..
    :(
  5. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i understand your point, you clearly feel like you can be lazy because of the rage tanks incredible health stacking abilities. very possible a rage crash may happen if he just so happens to get block broken or interrupted by a heavy hitting boss such as hal jordan in a&b. let's say the rage crash is so heavy that the tank dies not because of the rage crash, but of a situation where he was too low on health to handle that crash all because the healer didn't want to "spam" his powers to keep the tanks health up due to his silly belief that the tank had enough to survive on his own within that moment. dont deny the possibility of such an incident occurring. all that damage the tank has to take just to protect you from dying and that's how you think in return as a healer? shame on you.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

i can kinda understand what they are saying as we have other group memebers to thing about and not just the tank, but they should just dump whatever they need to into the tank and if they are "OOP" just gonna tell the group had to dump it into the tank to keep him alive. what are they gonna do? kick me for keeping somebody alive?
  7. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

what if the other members of the group are fine on health, but not the tank? you have to remember, if the tank dies because the healer decided to be lazy, then the entire group as screwed. especially, if youre a so called solo healer giving out lesser heals to rely on within the entire group.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

im the type of healer where if you do dumb things continuously in a raid, i will let you die regardless of tier, i rather not waste my power on liabilities.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kal~el Committed Player

ROFL
  10. QiLong New Player

"Need a 103 BEAST -Role- for EO feat!".... A what? Dude just get the roles and get it done.
  11. Senshirou Committed Player

What's real crazy is that I got kicked from dox for out healing the healer just awhile ago in fact.
  12. DoMoTroll New Player

In a T2 alert... "Kick this troll and get a 4'th DPS or we will never beat this" from the guy with 4x more KO's than everyone else.
  13. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

you make yourself a liability by making such selfish decisions. a solo healer that let's people in his/her raid group die??? yeah, i'd toss you from my raid group quick.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Nice to know, if you see me in a group feel free to tell the raid leader that, i will tell him myself, i dont heal people who do stupid things repeatedly and expect me to pick up their slack, hell if you did it mox i wouldn't heal you either and id say it in raid chat which i have done before.
  15. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i've been around dcuo too long, i'm not the type of player who's slack you need to pick up. but, from what i've witnessed in this solo healer era, most of you "solo healers" don't truly deserve that title. but, i typically run raids with just my league these days, so it's highly probable that i won't ever run such with you. come to think of it, i should be thankful for that. your selfish behavior may put me at risk all because you decide not to heal a dps perhaps. no way i'm willing to take that chance.
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

you dont have to like how i run my operation but as long as it works im fine with it, and thats all that matters to me
  17. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

my wonder woman inspired character from waaaay back was told to leave area 51 alert id queued into because she 'looked like a BLEEP' (Viking chest style and Egyptian legs) I honestly thought they were joking but then got kicked. that was my last foray into heroism :(
  18. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Heh.. shortly after OC landed.. I got kicked out of Ace Chemicals for being in all green gear..... Derp.
  19. Kristyana New Player

As someone who runs a solo healer, yes, I have purposely not resurrected weak links in fights.

You can only watch someone eat a perfectly telegraphed skull attack multiple times, or get up immediately in the middle of an AOE, or refuse to block and at least try to lessen the amount of damage they take, etc. before you realize it's not worth you blowing your entire powerbar to heal them because you have nothing left for the people who legitimately need the heals.

Sadly, there's no "targeted" healing in this game, or I'm sure people would be a lot more careful.
    • Like x 1
  20. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

right, if you don't believe in yourself who will? i know i won't.