A/B - I will not heal a Rage tank. It cannot be completed without 100+ trolls.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Feb 19, 2014.

1. MCAZR New Player

I was recruiting a healer for one of our nightly AB runs. We had already found a healer when I got a tell from a healer saying that he would not heal a Rage tank. Uh, ok, play your way, good luck with that. For whatever reason, he then sent me a tell stating that it couldn't be completed without 100+ trolls. We were done in well under 15 minutes with a Rage tank although both trolls were 100+. :p :p :p

What other absurd comments have you guys seen/heard while forming a group?

FWIW, we're a pretty organized group that doesn't ask CR/sp,... You might be asked your powerset for any overrides so people can co-ordinate loadouts but otherwise you just need to have the minimum CR to queue and you're good to go.
    • Like x 4
  2. Rasta Committed Player

A guy on USPC was calling out for 3 DPS and 3 Trolls 103+

*sigh*
    • Like x 5
  3. Deathmike Devoted Player

Once you get a grasp of the powerset mechanics, rage is an insanely powerful tank.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 21
  4. Allies New Player

One i heard was that we need 4 dps's to complete it.
  5. kav Committed Player

Trigon's — "Sorry, but with only CR100 as a tank you won't be able to survive Trigon's. Please leave the group."

I was amused.
    • Like x 6
  6. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Eh.. As a healer I must say that healing rage tanks is probably one of the most difficult and frustrating things a healer can experience.. Rage crash really puts me into panic mode sometimes when things are getting hairy, and I typically end up burning through power just to watch his health barely jump, and then crash harder.
    • Like x 7
  7. Massah Committed Player

I got asked to leave a Nexus run because my Damage was "too high" for a Controller. I was practically solo-trolling and had the lowest power in.

That is what I get for Random queueing.

On another note on a similar Random Queue we had a typical 2 of all roles build. The burn was pretty slow in the first Room and as troll I had more damage than both DPS combined at which some wanted to kick 1 tank to get another DPS. Luckily the majority thought that was in fair. After 2 wipes in the Buff room - I ask the other troll to solo-troll, so I can go DPS and eco-mode with giving power when desperately needed.

We finished Nexus and 5of the players said they had never beaten the last room. I gave mad props to the 1500vit troll that powered us through - Green Lantern artifact and all. Two Tanks made it easy for aggro management during pick-ups - not the fastest Nexus run but was smooth after the buff room. (Chose Buff Room hallway 1st after initial 4-Lex fight)

I never understand the absurd CR requirements imposed by groups. Some players adapt and pull through. Others flip-out at any misdirection. And others just intend for things to only be done by following what the "Well Knowns" have provided videos of.

I do shake my head when I get in groups where a Celestial or Sorcery DPS refuse to have a Celestial or Sorcery healer because they will steal their damage...ugh
  8. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Why 2 heals? Yeah i get that comment alot and i really hate it.
    • Like x 11
  9. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

lol - that made me smile
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Maybe the healer meant that he/she doesn't need to heal a Rage tank? ;)
    • Like x 5
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

me too my friend its always better in end game content with two heals incase one goes down the whole group doesnt have to wipe. but they always want the burn like thats the only thing that matters
    • Like x 4
  12. MercPony Devoted Player

Anyone that insists you can't finish something unless you use 3 trolls, or a solo heal (and further insists you can't use Electric), or an Ice tank.

Those all meet my criteria of "absurd" :rolleyes:
    • Like x 12
  13. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Every day I see nonsense in the LFG chat, and the few times I pug I get comments about my "LOL BLUE GEAR! YOLOSWAG!!" Then I usually just leave, beat the raid with a different group, and later see that same group looking for the same role I was.
    • Like x 11
  14. Burnt New Player

Looking forward to your solo nexus run
    • Like x 3
  15. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

Last night I saw a guy in LFG shouting:

"NEED QUANTUM TROLL AND 2 HL DPS 103 CR FOR 50 pt LEAVE THEM FEAT"
    • Like x 1
  16. RlVER Well-Known Player

lol we had a 35min run (slow I know) with a 99 rage tank and 96 and 98 trolls. Given the DPS were monsters as were the healers, but still peoples ridiculous theories and opinions are hilarious!
    • Like x 1
  17. Tweek New Player

looking for 100 dps for vault run speed feat:p
    • Like x 4
  18. Feydakeen New Player

Once I heard you need a tank to do Epic Odyssey feat!

Wonder that!!!
  19. No Aywok New Player

For me, it's not so much what is said as what is done.

Kicking people for being T4 in a T4 Raid/Op is beyond ludicrous.
    • Like x 4
  20. Raptor T. Committed Player

IIRC, someone said 90 plus for Kahndahq.
    • Like x 2