A/B - I will not heal a Rage tank. It cannot be completed without 100+ trolls.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Whiteroom New Player

I saw a full geared (w/rings) DPS padding his damage on Sinestro, while the tubes were getting burnt, so he could stay ahead in damage.
  2. Raptor T. Committed Player

Oh I see lol.. Yeah I agree. 102+ isn't necessary for a good T5 raid run.
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

Me-LFG looking for troll for BIA (Jor-El feat)
    Troll-Tell Troll CR 100
    I invite troll and had a full group of the 4 powers, all 100+CR, that's when the magic started
    Troll-Sorry I don't do alerts with tanks
    Me-We are doing Jor-El feat.
    Troll-I don't do alerts with tanks, it takes too much time.
    Me-It's BIA and we are all CR 100, and the tank has dps gear too so he can damage until we get to Jor-El.
    Troll-Sorry I just don't like tanks in alerts.
    Troll left the group
    How did that guy ever got to CR100 don't really know since like it or not eventually you'll do a run with a tank, btw we got a troll later that didn't mind at all about the tank, and we got the feat also, and even though some people say you don't need a tank for the feat, the group had decided to do the traditional 4 role group, which is how it's meant to be anyway, oh and in 15 minutes, on an alert that has no speed feat to begin with.
    • Like x 3
  4. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Not to put too much of an argument of tankpower vs tankpower, but you can (as I have), do all that as ice. Want more fun? Tank all 4 subs and the Tyrant at once. It is hilarious. As someone said before though, in the hands of someone skilled, any tank power is good.

*edit.. apart from the 200k health of course.
    • Like x 3
  5. C3alix Committed Player

Sometime before GU20...

Guy shouts: Need warm bodies for every raid (khan through prime)
    Group has 5 hungry 86-88cr dps's, a troller, and a healer
    Group leader invites an 83cr dps
    DPS says: are we going for any speed feats?
    Everyone else: we'll get them all
    DPS: without a tank? I'm sorry but that's the only way to get them. Good luck! *leaves group*
  6. blklightning New Player

Rage tanks are easy to heal... provided they know how to do their job. As a healer, I cannot just look at Raptor T's (Jet's) health while it's at 50% and expect 1-2 heals to bring him to full. I have to consider how he's stacked his health buff according to the adds in the room. So... for healing JET, I don't actually have to pay attention to him very much. Other rage tanks? Not such an easy process.

Just don't try to top off a rage tank. That's gonna suck up all of your power. If he's at 50% and there are 2-5 adds in the room, that means your tank should have a crazy amount of health. Learn to be ok with that 50% only going to 55%. Don't waste your heals.
    • Like x 3
  7. Bysill New Player

Heard this on voice just last night. First room Assbat:"Dude, you only have a 90 weapon, the rest is all pridefull. You need to be full 90 gear for this, brah, excuse yourself and go run Nexus." (btw, since when does nexus drop lvl 90 gear? I must have missed that memo.) I said:"Nonsense, we ran this the first time with modded 86 gear and it was smooth, we did have two tanks though." His reply:"Yeah, well you prolly got carried through it." My reply:"All of us? We all got carried?"

Edit: I wasn't the one in blue gear BTW, he was talking to another DPS
    • Like x 1
  8. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i'm a rage tank and i must say i'm quite offended. there's a motto i go by as a tank "with good healers, i don't die." that guy obviously is not a good healer and must have relied on a training wheels ice tank to get him through every raid he's done. it's quite sad really.
  9. Raptor T. Committed Player

I agree with you.. you can DEFINITELY do that with All tank powers. I've seen a fire tank Paradox without any problems when I was DPSing. Any skilled tank can do it. Which is why it's more about skills rather than power.
  10. Skylez New Player

One really obscured thing I've seen is people shouting for Oloong Island Speed feat with 100Cr+ Roles.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

I am offended because that healer makes healers look bad. Rage tank is the easiest tank to heal. I guess that healer had <45 sp and was a noob. That is the only reasonable answer, yep healer was a noob end of discussion.
  12. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

This AM. "need cr101+ Controller for Trigon"...

*sighs*
  13. Raptor T. Committed Player

He's basically saying that there are other Rage tankers that are having trouble. Then they're great rage tankers out there as well. He didn't say ALL were bad. In fact.. TWO friends of mine.. both rage tank got the hang of it. I helped one of them and the other got helped from his league mates. Which is the reason why in my earlier post I said I'd help anyone that would add me in game. OR people who follow or start a conversation with me on the here. I'm not aaying your bad.. and honestly I think you're great because 153 SP is insane. That shows you have played for years and has had a lot of experience. I'm sure if he ran with you it'd be the same outcome as he ran with me. The thing is we're on different servers so chances of that happening are slim. He's a great healer.. considering the fact that I've played with him for months and know exactly what he does in certain situations.
  14. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

tbh, if a tanks health is low, it typically is the healers fault.
  15. AgentX44 Committed Player

Just goes to show there are too many people in the game that don't really know how to play the game.
  16. smokekinghayze New Player

random pug trigon run and found a healer who had no idea how to heal. checked em full corrupted gear. i asked if he was just returning and rusty or what? he told me he started playing 3 days ago and his league walked him through everything. never learned how to heal yet.
    he had 35sp and spent $100 to get to his current point.

im sorry but whats the point of spending so much money to rush to T5 when u should still be running t1 duos...
    • Like x 1
  17. Clutch Committed Player

Healer needs at least 4400 resto to solo heal nexus because he's sorc. Trolls should be around 1850 vit when doing nexus for the first time and don't use any dom mods because you'll steal aggro. Don't use any pets unless you want to wipe because they steal my aggro. Tank needs dom sodas so he can hold aggro better.

The first 3 were said by the same guy. I couldn't take anymore and had to go.
    • Like x 1
  18. NexGenX New Player

That guy has a screw loose. I LOVE trolling for tanks in alerts. Its easier on me power-wise and the dps gets all of my attention with a topped off bar 90% of the time. In fact the main reason I enjoy this dlc is because it started the return of tanks in alerts which is a good thing. At least this is what I've seen on USPC :)
  19. MercPony Devoted Player

I would have left as soon as that was spouted xD
    • Like x 3
  20. blklightning New Player

That's not exactly fair to say when it's Rage tank w/ 50K+ in health for the moment.