Test Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTX Well-Known Player

Yeah alright??? For me there is a huge difference if you compare 50k HP and 20k defense to about 150k HP and 65k defense when beeing around cr327. And a new player who is cr210 or a new player with cr327, shouldnt even be close to have a chance finishing it.

I mean i just wanna see something harder, and not the actual 10 times lunge, then another 10 times lunge cause every ability hes doing you can cancel him out that easy + the ground punch with shield. And who told you that they meant by ignore that you ignore the mechanic as a whole, is it even possible? It doesnt even make sense if that would be the definition of ignoring it, then you would have to hack.

Also the second boss always been within the instance we writing about, now saying that you can ignore the mechanics entirely with next to no consequences, doesnt that means its to easy?

What´s wrong here, dont tell me its all just about personal definition on how you would call it.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

There is a huge difference between the stats, but the stats you do possess remain enough to survive while doing minimal damage to 'eventually beat the content', it is for this same reason we're able to solo beat a bounty, if we possess the right amount of stats (based on our build, usually battle tank, troll, heal) and have enough damage output to also wear down the boss, eventually albeit in a far from optimal fashion.

In the same way it takes 20min+ to solo a bounty and 5 minutes as a group, it takes you 20 minutes to beat this solo like that, but 10 minutes if you're doing it as intended, just because the low geared, method is possible doesn't mean it's a problem, nor does it mean you ramp up the difficulty to make that impossible.

You say you want to make it harder? How, How do you propose to make it harder? Have the boss hit way harder, do more damage and then make it next to impossible to beat in regular DPS role, even at level? I mean that's just as stupid.

The reality is a lot of people do their solo's in DPS role, they don't want to be forced in to a 20min+ run because you've made the boss hit so hard they can't do it outside of a slow, draining battle support set up, that's ridiculous.

As for the second bos, yes I think it should be tweaked to make the bombs more of a requirement to press, or a requirement to shield through them, but when I was talking about ignorning mechanics, I was referring to the first boss fight, because in that fight, you cannot just ignore it, like you suggest. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

We'll never reach a consensus on elite solos balancing (one of the reasons I am agains't them), It'll either hit too little for support roles or too much for dps. The middle ground is the idea behind normal solos: If you play a support role it's easy but longer, if you play a dps it's faster but harder. You can't do a lot about it, no1 wants to be forced into battle support or tanking around corners for half a hour.

If you want something harder play the raid, it makes no sense to try and push one shots and mechanics that force shields in a solo, at most it should require dodging/blocking and attention to environment mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  4. RTX Well-Known Player

"There is a huge difference between the stats, but the stats you do possess remain enough to survive while doing minimal damage to 'eventually beat the content' "

That´s exactly what i showed and that´s exactly what shouldnt be possible.

"You say you want to make it harder? How, How do you propose to make it harder? Have the boss hit way harder, do more damage and then make it next to impossible to beat in regular DPS role, even at level? I mean that's just as stupid."

Exactly that, and maybe making the people use soder cola, supply drop, sidekick and all that stuff. Maybe even adding ground fields so that movement would be important aswell, there are many mechanics in old content which show how it could be.

"In the same way it takes 20min+ to solo a bounty and 5 minutes as a group, it takes you 20 minutes to beat this solo like that, but 10 minutes if you're doing it as intended, just because the low geared, method is possible doesn't mean it's a problem, nor does it mean you ramp up the difficulty to make that impossible."

If you doing it as intended it takes about 5mins with required combat rating and not 10 mins (in dps)
    You get 3 marks for 5mins, on top of that the renown. Now compare it to alert/raid times. Basicly having a solo which is better for farming works against the principe of what an mmo stands for, multiplayer...who is going to run the alert or raid if its way easier and faster via solo?!

"If you put a shield on, you are NOT ignoring the mechanic, the mechanic is EXACTLY why you put the shield on and was you actively undertaking an ACTION to deal with the mechanic. That is by DEFINITION not ignoring it."

Are you dumb what kind of ignore you wanna report to the devs? The hacker way of ignoring the mechanics?
    Devs want ways to ignore the mechanic and thats exactly what i gave them with showing multiple ways and yes using shield also count as ignoring, same as hiding behind a wall. The mechanic for the punch is meant to one shot if you dont follow it, that been ignored with those methods!
  5. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Have you ever wondered why the DLC's get released with so many bugs???
    I'll tell you why.
    It's because you guys are in here having discussions, attacking others that have found bugs and cheese and or trying to make an argument over a simple yes no question directed at a dev instead of actually testing. All you are worried about is how you're going to learn how to beat the content before it is actually released.
    Please refrain from any more comments towards me because the question I asked was for the devs to answer and no one else.
    Thank you and have a great day.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, it should be possible to do it with those low stats, if you're skilled enough to do so, all you've really done is show the bottom level of stats required to have your shields be just strong enough to survive, that doesn't mean you'll ultimately survive though, because if you run out of power and can no longer shield yourself, you will die, if you don't die it's because your stats such as health, resto to heal yourself, enough power to keep yourself powered in conjunction with using trinkets and soders etc. I showed this to you when I bottomed out the stats including my skill points.

You keep creating this false premise that the solo is so easy a CR210 could beat it, a CR210 player doesn't have as many SP as you, doesn't have the artifacts, doesn't have the augments built and certainly does not have the experience you do. They're simply not beat this content, even if they could queue for it, in the way that you suggest, you've literally just created a completely false scenario, continuing to repeat it, won't make any more true.

Also you seem to admit that you want to make it next to impossible for a DPS role player, a role most players use for solo to beat said solo content, that's beyond so stupid that I'm not even going to take it seriously, it's just simply not worth addressing, given the level of silliness in proposing we buff something so hard a player must take twice as long to complete something and only do it in support role.

This part here probably to the biggest extent exposes your motives here, you shouldn't even be comparing an elite solo to an elite alert or raid, a raid and alert are obviously going to be harder and they provide increased rewards and more often than not even exclusive rewards that cannot obtained no matter how hard you "farm the solo".

An MMO is not just a multiplayer experience, it is both single player and multiplayer with both providing different objectives, you don't scale a solo up to be as hard as an experience found within a duo, alert or raid, that's not its function, stop trying to make the solo a raid, it isn't one. Also if someone wants to run 100 solos to finish their renown (which would be crazy anyway) that's their prerogative, (thanks for supporting the game with your replays is what I'd say) as for whether they will run the alerts and raids, again they will because those pieces of content hold feats, and exclusive rewards requiring them to run it, if they want those, which most people do, this was evident in the last DLC, people didn't stop running the alerts/raids, because the duo existed.

Your insults will only detrract from your argument, keep it civil. You make absolutely no sense in what you're saying here "the hacker way of ignoring mechanics", what does that even mean?

For the record and to repeat the point, using a shield is not ignoring the mechanic, because you've again acknowledged it's existence and shielded to prevent enough damage, you know is coming, from killing you, that is simply one option you have, if you aren't even carrying shield on your loadout, which most DPS don't, unless they're playing super conservative isn't even an option.

So that leaves them with "hiding from line of sight" or "actually throwing the chunk", make your choice.

it seems to me that you just don't like those other options, because they're not what you would do and based on that you're asserting that your option, should be the only option, because HOW DARE someone find an alternative solution that doesn't fit your subjective view of solving the problem, you're basically suggesting that the only solution should be throw the crystal or else, which ignores the fact that shields for example have been put in the game for the purpose of blocking damage, that is the very point of their existence, if you want to carry one then more power to you, if you don't want to carry one then make sure you either throw the crystal or hide from the attack, again none of those are bad solutions, even if they are solutions, you don't like.
    • Like x 3
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

No because I've played MMOs for over 25 years and know that not every bug gets caught nor fixed prior to launch. I also know that some bugs only show up under heavy use and that too few coders and too short a development period is common in not just MMOs but in coding in general.

Wrong. The hashing-out aspect of this forum helps not only to better define bugs in many instances, it also helps to point out deficiencies in various testing approaches and thus limit false positives.

Also, you're insulting the devs by basically saying they aren't smart enough to sort through simple discussions.

And then on top of that... your post wasn't even about testing. It contained no data, it was simply an opinionated question (and a misinformed one at that). After having played through the solo a few times, I may not agree with RTX's stance but at least he is providing data-driven feedback as a foundation for his reasoning (just as are Proxystar and Magneto).

And you expect a dev to stop trying to crunch through the codes to find and fix bugs before the new content goes live just to answer a question solely because you asked it, even though other testers with first-hand experience have already answered it?

Wow.

If you're so fragile you can't stomach the least critique, don't participate in testing or send your results back in private chat. Your fragility is not anyone else's problem but your own so stop trying to demand we deal with it. It's yours, you deal with it.

Tough. You're posting in a public forum and myself as well as everyone else here will reply to whom we feel like, especially when they're in the wrong (like you were with your statement inferring the ability to ignore mechanics in the new STU elite content). Again, if you don't like it then that's on you to take your points to IM. Expecting and then attempting to demand others to not respond to you is not just the height of ego, it shows a woefully inadequate grasp of the testing process as well as how forums such as these work.

As long as you continue to be wrong in your responses to me, I will continue to correct you.

[IMG]

You're welcome.
    • Like x 2
  8. RTX Well-Known Player

You need to learn to answer questions and to write shorter sentences.

1. No artefacts, no augments, no mods, 140 sp. (Screenshot, with stats)
    2. I compared rewards/time
    3. It´s right we acknowledged the mechanic and therefore we dont ignore it, it´s just that the devs doesnt meant that type of ignore.
    They mean ways to ignore the mechanic effect, everything else doesnt even matter.
    4. There is the normal version for low skilled people.
    5. You proved your "logic" and i learned my lesson in not answering you anymore.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

the sentences are as long as they require to be in order to get the point across and communicate the necessary information. I'm not going to write shorter sentences and risk something being misunderstood or details being missed because it would seem you don't want to read it. If your questions were simple one word answers, then I would answer them in that fashion.

There's not really a lot here in this post that needs further addressing because, I've already addressed them in my previous posts.
    • Like x 2
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Have to agree Elite solos shouldnt be insanly hard,Elite raids are where people expect and want the challenge to be in.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The walk-in version of Power Core is still rewarding Grains of Sand as a boss reward and imposing loot locks. I was under the impression that only the Saving the Universe version would have Sand Rewards and Loot Locks.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They said somewhere that the normal, levelling versions would reward lesser amounts of Grains, so it's definitely intended for them to be rewarded, it just should be less than doing the upscaled Ep. 41 versions.

Edit: It's in the patchnotes the day Ep. 41 went on Test.
    • Lower level players will be able to run the leveling version of the instances for partial Save the Universe currency
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...er-update-episode-41-house-of-legends.316945/
    • Like x 1
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So I guess that means it also has to have loot locks, at least while the upscaled version is available. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were simply unable to have a locked and non-locked version of the same instance up simultaneously due to programming limitations.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The struggle and discussion about Captain Venz in the Science Spire Elite solo I find absolutely hilarious, it is NOT A DIFFICULT FIGHT WHATSOEVER and any struggle with it points to a much deeper issue than the instance alone.
    1. CR 339 Gear with NO White Mods
    2. Nothing equipped in Utility belt
    3. No Artifacts equipped
    4. No Damage from Allies
    5. Water Might
    6. No Supercharge used

Like what can I do to make it harder on myself lol o_O I even just kept attacking at the end and ignored the other npcs and almost died and still completed the fight.

There are much better things to have a conversation about that isn't as embarrassing as Captain Venz struggles
    • Like x 3
  15. Heywiar Committed Player

This game doesn't produce hard content anymore. Casuals who can't beat elite day one need to stop enforcing the mentality that content should be nerfed.
    I gave up on wanting a challenge in this game.
    • Like x 1
  16. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

This is what happens when you hand kids cake all the time without finishing up their dinner. They get used to it and heaven forbid if you set the cake on the table. Mind you, they still didnt need to finish their dinner. They'll start screaming because they now need to get up off their backsides to get the piece of cake.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The difficulty is not the same depending on the power you use.

Fire.... I defeated Venz easily with NO mods..... NO Artifacts..... NO weapon ( I had changed powers from Quantum and forgot to change my Troll weapon ;) ).

Quantum... I had to try a bit harder be more careful.... timing was everything..... had to be sure to interrupt Venz and keep him off balance.

I was able to defeat him fine with either powers..... but it was much much much more easier using Fire then Quantum.

If you balance the Mission to make it hard for the top powers.... it will make it impossible for a lot of people.

Sadly... not all powers are equal....
    and I can already see that when some players will hit a wall with Venz.....
    and when they will come to the Forums to say Venz is too OP.....

the Fire players will tell them....

Get Goud.

When that day come..... you can then call me Nostradaverse. ;)
  18. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Only iconic solos like bizarro and huntress can be elite.

Change my mind.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I thought only the Vault could be Elite??

;) ;)
  20. RTX Well-Known Player

Finally someone with knowledge of the game, who doesn´t make false statements.

You should not give up on making them face the truth, otherwise those who cry the loudest are the only ones which will be heard.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.