Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - House of Legends Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

@Mepps: Would it be difficult for groups to have the option to stat clamp? I certainly see the benefits for clamping, and as a returning player that is currently around Tier 8, I welcome PUG raids where CR 345 people aren't going to come in and one-shot everything. TBH, I feel like if I were to PUG something right now, I'm not going to get to experience the raid the way it was designed. There have been some raids where I don't even know what the boss was supposed to do because it got melted in 10 seconds.

But I feel for a lot of players who really just want to go back into an old instance and see how strong they've become. Could a group have an option to turn off the Stat Clamp, and then maybe submit themselves to Loot-Only rewards?

For instance... I, for one, have no interest in going back to Arkham Asylum. All of Poison Ivy's adds just pulling me left and right. I would only wanna go back in there to just get my revenge and one-shot everything.;)
    • Like x 7
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

If it's not too late, it would be cool to have 1 extra new boss in 1 of the updated raids just to connect it with our updated content and make it feel fresh.
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

Found the answer to my question.

The "sweet spot" would be to give us a clamping slider (which would also impact rewards) which goes from wherever you intend to put the clam to *OFF*.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Actually, I think this'd be a cool idea.

Like, what if we had a mission where we had to time travel through old raids to track down some sort of Brainiac enemy? It'd be the same raids, but they programmed in an extra Brainiac boss that only appears after you finish the raid?
  5. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

The only thing is... I feel this would only work if you clamp for the entire party.

The biggest reason for stat clamping is so that players can do a raid as it was intended. If it's only to opt out of the stat clamp for yourself, but you still melt the boss for everyone else in 10 seconds, then there's no point of a clamp... even if you opt-out of rewards.

I hope they give parties the option to opt-out of the clamp and rewards, but I do understand that programming it for up to eight people might be trickier than clamping it for one.
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Is the no loot lockout and shift in source marks an idea to get players in older content? or is there still talks on the table to que into content solo?
    • Like x 1
  7. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

what about adding them into the style vendor-22? IE darkseid chest, Kryptonian militia head
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Will this episode have augments, artifacts and OP gear?
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Would there be a way to have the new teleported system to have the names “Episode #: DLC Name” added with newer episodes being on top (40, 39, 38, etc) This way the teleporter is sorted properly. Alphabetically order would mean we have to scroll up and down to get to the one we want to do.
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

I guess a way around that would be an option to check for whether you want to run clamped on adjusted-clamp content when you queue.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I disagree, that isn't the intent of stat clamping, running the raid as it was intended is not the same as "running the raid without trivializing it".

It seems the developers intentions to have old content "run as intended" fits more into this episodes raid experience and future pseduo-events surrounding the "save the universe" feature.

I mean define "intended" do you mean forced to run while having an at level experience, or just not undermining mechanics I guess
    • Like x 2
  12. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Oh boy, not this stat clamp nonsense again... didn't work the first time and won't work now unless it's optional. If anything, it will make me, personally, run less old content as the stuff I farm would start taking longer with a clamp and also require a decent group.
    • Like x 1
  13. inferno Loyal Player

Is the stat-clamping only on instances? How will it affect open world missions?
    • Like x 1
  14. Beverly B New Player

I would really like to see skill points mean something I have worked hard to get 615 and I wished they meant more than they do
    • Like x 2
  15. Beverly B New Player

For the players that have high skill points their shouldn't be a cap in the stat tree for Might or wherever we'd like to use it right now we are forced to put skill points in things we really don't care about just because we have more than 400 skill points
    • Like x 1
  16. Beverly B New Player

And please do not clamp our stats we have earned the right to be able to solo any of the low level content we have spent endly hours working on our characters we are already carrying all the free players through the end game content
    • Like x 2
  17. AquiloFury Committed Player

Sooo..I have a question. Is it just instanced content that you get full rewards for? If we run back through the open worlds, do we get the currency too? Just looking for clarification. :)
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

No Suicide Squad episode but there is some relevant stuff coming out around a certain timeframe this Summer if the starros align.
    • Like x 7
  19. Persevere New Player

About the lockboxs, I've been grinding to get the demon tail Will that waist no longer exist after this update?
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I would also like to add to the voices asking about open world content. If I could go get my source marks from the Atlantis episode open world, that would not only ease my concerns but actually make me happy to have a reason to go back to that glorious zone.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.