Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - House of Legends Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread for all discussion, feedback, and questions about Episode 41: House of Legends, announced in the July 2021 Development Update!
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Please can you include any necessary keynotes about House of Legends in the original post above? The development post announcement is rather large and this way it will allow us (the community) to focus on the topic at hand.
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

So from now on, new teleporters will be added in the new Hub instead of Watch tower\Hall of Doom? will we be able to teleport there from the warp menu? And can we still visit Watch Tower and the Hall of Doom?
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will use the Orrery of Worlds as a single teleporter to open worlds, instead of having them all spread out. Basically interact, a list in reverse release order.

You will still be able to teleport to recent open worlds and to the new House of Legends from the map/warp menu.

Watchtower and Hall of Doom are still there - we decided ultimately not to blow them up.
    • Like x 11
  5. zNot Loyal Player

So we dont get any raids in episode 41 if i see it correctly right?
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will this cross-faction HQ have a cross-faction LFG system? That would be great for making groups.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Do we get any actual new content in this episode, besides the HQ?

Eg. open world, solo/duo, alert, raid/elite raids etc.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have a slight concern about the clamping combined with the source marks being removed from endgame. I generally only play the latest episode for reasons of both time and stamina. I hope getting source marks isn’t going to become hard work.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will get a solo/duo, alert, and raid up-leveled with refinements each set/month. Elite versions for all. So 9 up-leveled pieces of content while 41 is latest.
    • Like x 10
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not with 41.
    • Like x 2
  11. MensSana Active Player

• Not-end-game content will stat clamp you down so the content isn't completely trivial.
    farming time will be expanded too much, stat clamped istances already failed once, why do the same mistake again?
    also doing feats in older content will became a suffering...
    • Like x 6
  12. Proxystar #Perception

When you say players will be clamped to not make previous content trivial can you please define "not make content trivial" and exactly what level are we clamped too?
    • Like x 5
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will there be any exclusive rewards/feats for running old, up-scaled content during each set?
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This along with source marks being removed from endgame has me worried that getting source marks is about to become rather problematic for me.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will still be quite powerful, just not one-shot all the bosses powerful.
    • Like x 11
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will get to play the whole game for rewards, not just the latest content.
    • Like x 4
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, not at this time. The goal is very powerful but not one-shotting things.
    • Like x 3
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nothing that will go away permanently after it is over or anything.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Extremely worried about stat clamping. It can be like making all of my character's progress mean nothing if in the end I hit things like the legends in LPvE do.
    • Like x 14
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I have only two issues. I don't like the idea of stat clamping down. that doesn't sound cool. & I have a sneaking sense of dread that the Iconic sidekicks are going to end up being something else you have to grind out & rely on or fall behind.
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.