Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Circe's Mask

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.W Committed Player

Side question, sorry its unrelated. Is there a link or plug in to run test server on my mac. My mac is more up to date than my old laptop & can run it much smoother so I can test a bit faster.

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions or future plug ins.
    • Like x 1
  2. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

It does sound useful for Ice based on the preview.
  3. L T Devoted Player

If you can install Wine, I can help you get things working-- it's become pretty straightforward.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ranmaru Developer

It should increase incoming healing, which should be your own as well as others attempting to heal you.

As for the duration its a flat 5 seconds at all levels and i'll update the tooltip to say that.
    • Like x 7
  5. Mr.W Committed Player

Thank you for clarifying I'll get back on to double check within that 5sec window
  6. Mr.W Committed Player

Yes please & thank you. Do you mind explaining how & where to install the wine plug in also? I'm not super tech savvy >.< but YouTube helps a lot lol.
  7. Juggurnaut Level 30

I believe since Amazonian Deflection has the [shield] classification it would also work with this artifact.
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Does that include healing from atomics combo mechanic? I’m asking specifically since it’s dom based and there have been “healing” buffs in the past that did not include atomic combo healing.
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

As you can see from the video, the artifact does not interact with any of the main self-healing skills of the fire tank. (Increased healing with Absorb Heat due to Pi but not due to artifact)

• Like x 1
  10. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Thx for clarifying, but in my opinion 5 seconds is not enough. Can buff duration be increased from 5 to at least 6 seconds? Or like this:
    Rank 80 - 5 sec
    Rank 120 - 6 sec
    Rank 160 - 7 sec
    Rank 200 - 8 sec
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Tanks and Healers are already overperforming on Elite Raid content your suggestion would make it even easyier to survive as a Tank and for a heal to heal a Tank. 8 second 30% incoming heal buff this isnt a small buff we already get 10% from mystic symbol.

Also what exactly would justify us Tanks getting so much healing in if the bosses and adds on The elite raids hit so low? Which i complained about already earlier on the other threads and the Testserver feedback thread with the raids in them of this episode.

i would suggest the dev of this thread to speak with charon about this before doing a buff to a artifact like this since Tanks as i said are already too strong with the current way the bosses/adds hit us for.
  12. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Actually it's a main point of artifacts, augs. gear, sp... All this stuff should make the gameplay easier ... develop the character or it won't make any sense. In its current form, this artifact is not worth the cost.
    • Like x 1
  13. zNot Loyal Player

You just want something strong and i think the devs need to know that Artifacts that effect the Tank/healers impact the gameplay and difficulty way more then a simple 4% DPS output for a DPS artifact for example.
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

To date, the main artifacts for the tank are "Manacles of Force", Mystic Symbol of The Seven, Everyman Prototype, Eye of Gemini. Which one and why are you replacing it with a new artifact? I ask you to answer with specific numbers and not general assumptions.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

I think his suggested buff to the artifact is reasonable since we are now getting & would assume continuing to get super elites & ultra elite on challenge lvl 5.
    • Like x 1
  16. diangelo Level 30

I also think 5 seconds is too short. But we’ll see how it does in testing.

I think it’s a big mistake to gage how well it works based on the newer content. (From what I hear ya everything is too easy.)

You have to look at it compared to other artifacts...think about it compared to the Trans card. It buffs both DPS AAAND. Healing. And is ALWAYactive...and gives more than 15% bonus to DPS and healing (for rank 200, once you factor in the bonus and negative to overall damage and healing)

So on one hand we have the transformation card that gives 15% bonuses to damage and healing all of the time...

If this one gave a healing bonus of 30% half the time...it would be about equal to the HEALING of the transformation.

Long story long...I think the current content is too easy...and 5 seconds is far too short.
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Thats true thats why i suggest this dev to speak with Charon if we get really high difficulty on the Tanks (which i hope) at stage 4-5 during the brainiac Elite raid and the other Elite raid last boss also has a option to get out multiple sidebosses at once if i understood correctly, then im fine with the artifact getting this buff.
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

The elite raid (flashtastic voyage) where you fight gorilla grodd the first boss yes its (too) Easy for the Tank but its not easy for the group (DPS,trolls,heals) itself just to clarify incase someone gets that mixxed up because Tanking difficulty is different then the difficulty of other rolls.

The other elite raid flash to the future with brainiac also has very low Tanking difficulty but since it has 5 stages i assume the higher stages should offer the difficulty i would expect. But we dont know how that is since the DPS etc arent able to survive the first stage lol
  19. L T Devoted Player

This doesn't seem to be working on any self-heals. Not fire, not atomic, not mystic symbol. Haven't tried lasso,

Is it the intention that only incoming heals from another player get increased?
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Look what the dev said it should be your own heal aswell as other attempting to heal you which would mean the Healer would heal you more too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.