Long Live the legion feedback/ general content feedback. When will Bounty grind stop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

... or spending billions in in-game cash to build a four-star hotel at the top of the LexCorp Tower and a night club...

I dunno, I think there's room for the "400 SP and 200 Arts" player to enjoy "immersive escapism in a complex interactive environment full of iconic heros and villains"; that said, the first of those two things means nothing without the charm of the second - if I was just playing a game to mix-max, I could think of a few more rewarding to the actuality of playstyle and much friendlier to the pocket book - but here nor there.

But what you're saying up yonder is the core of the current disconnect, at least from where I'm sitting, and when content feels like "plodding assembly line for elite gear drops" and not "personally relevant or meaningful to your internal headcanon or the characters you run" or even "mechanically and visually interesting exploration of the world itself", it makes one wonder whether or not one should be spending time more productively instead. Like maybe by opening coconuts via headbutting.

That's where the bar is right now.

Gotta say, not impressed by this batch of steaming ack. As sad as it sounds, I'd rather have another Gotham reskin and some real content - at least that place has a fun vibe.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the WV Solo was great. Couple of integrated Feats, a little fight variation, stiff enough learning curve to knock you on your *** a few times without becoming annoying (like Lobo's goddamned space cycle one-shotting you, even at 320 - and even that was still a fun fight) ... i dunno, it's like when they get it right, it's something that gets shrugged off, but s BAD idea they'll stick to forever....
    • Like x 2
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

I suggest asking any Game Developer the difference between working remotely from home vs working in the office where the servers and connections are direct and not over wifi.

Blue print is there but delays and changes are made due to the changes of the office and not being directly in the office. Speaking as someone who has to work from home due to catching the virus, working remotely is not nearly the same and its quite the strain.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I've repeated this in other threads but what makes the grind of bounties difficult is that MOST IF NOT 90 PERCENT OF THE PLAYERBASE do not realize we need to clear the Emerald Eye in the Validus fight so you end up losing it. Imagine grinding for hours to not be sure if your current phase will game savvy enough to figure out game mechanics. I know we have multiple threads where we ask if there could be more communication and tutorials given to new players so it doesn't drag down more seasoned players but this is ridiculous. A little sentence saying "The Eye is now vulnerable" doesn't seem to register with a lot of characters. No shoutchatting in Shout, Group and Versus tabs doesn't work. This is the Hydra all over where players don't understand that dropping Orbitals and not toggling on the Spartoi skeletons will make the bounty sometimes impossible to succeed. It's very frustrating and it almost makes me want to drop DCUO if this bounty system is going to be the current playstyle cause Elite Raids are one thing but Elite Bounties are another.
  5. zNot Loyal Player

They should keep us entertained with Long raids per episode this is how it used to be in 2011-2012 when the game started and when the game was at its peak in my opinion.

We should get one long raid per episode similar to Power core the tier 3 raid that had a total of 5 bosses! This is content and this is what we need,not a boring bounty spam we want to explore new instances and be excited each dlc i dont think most people pay membership for bountys atleast me and most are tired of it people want more raids and it doesnt matter a beginner or a skilled player people prefer raids most of the time. I think we can expect just one long raid per episode its almost 2023.

But not just one we should also get another raid (in a smaller map) that is similar to paradox when it comes to its design, adjusting the difficulty ourselfs by taking out all sidebosses at once. Raid content im sure this is perfect and achievable.

They can still keep just 1 openworld boss up but only one. With one solo and one short Alert. If they do this concept im sure almost nobody will complain.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You keep repeating this over and over yet completely refuse to understand that those raids and that period you refer to began development in 2008 and was released in January of 2011. They had 3 years to cook that content, plus a period after the game's release to further tweak the content.

They do not have the same kind development time and budget that an unreleased game would have now. Is that clear enough for you to understand??? Nor do they have all of the people that were around to make it back then. And re-using maps won't give them this magical development time to give you what you're looking for. Not to mention while you and a few others would be satisfied with rehashed content, too many would be up in arms as they have been for years now.

Bounties count as content too, no matter how much it bores you. It's fair enough to express your dislike for it, but to discount as content is wrong and disingenuous.

You say that but then completely contradict yourself asking for maps to be re-used, which doesn't excite the majority of the playerbase. Plus you don't even take into consideration that heavy re-usage of assets would mean more repetitive stories. Whee's the excitement in that???

We are barely about to exit 2020, how did you get 3 years ahead???

That kind of raid isn't going to always be feasible. Not to mention over the years they have lost some of the developers that were here. Between time constraints and not every story lending themselves to that kind of structure, we need to temper expectations. Especially for long FOS 2 style raids. They don't have that kind of time to work on something like that...not when people are already hounding them for new content to play after only 2 weeks to a month of playing.

Also, you keep tossing that word achievable around, when was the last you saw a long raid like FOS2??? If it were as achievable as you think it is don't you think we would have had another one of that length by now???

Yeah, no...this is one time you'd be DEAD wrong. There has not been a single episode or change made where there hasn't been a lot of complaining. EVERYTHING they release comes with a bunch of whining on the forums*. They even get complaints for things they haven't done. You can pretty much set your clock to it.

I'm pretty sure now that with all the feedback from the last episode and now this one, we'll see a return to a somewhat more familiar content structure, and with it will come a list of complaints as usual (since you can't please all the people all of the time, especially with a playerbase with such diverse tastes and needs). I think the point has been made. You and your friends however need to adjust your expectations to reality. Between budget and time constraints as well as an ongoing pandemic, we may not see the quantity or type of content you keep asking for.

*[There have been plenty of legitimate complaints and critique, but you can be sure that anything they do will be met with complaints. That's a guarantee like death or taxes.]
    • Like x 4
  7. zNot Loyal Player

I meant we are almost in the year 2021 not 2023 it can happen.

3 years okay and you think it took them 3 years to create one of those raids? Definetly not. They did gotham,metropolis,watchtower,hall of doom other raids (tier 2) and other things asking for ONE long raid and one in a shorter designed map raid per episode 3-4 months isnt impossible !especially if we consider re-usage of maps on raids AND openworld so dont come here talking like this is too much ask for.

Just becuse something is re-used map doesnt mean its not exiting khandaq is still more interesting to look at then birds of prey dlc and im sure alot will agree with me. Ofcourse new maps would be ideal but if we talk about them having less ressources fine then re-use maps and you really dont think that will save them a huge amount of time? Common now seriously. Get over it its crystal clear what im trying to say

Well no i didnt see a raid like FOS 2 (power core) yet since then but i do now a recent dlc like metal part 1 that had 2 decently long raids with 3 bosses each. The openworld was re-used map aswell as false idols raid. The other raid monsters of metal was a mostly completly new map and decently long raid. So we can definetly have a dev team that is able to work on such things. And metal part 2 was ok too but raids abit shorter but new maps on both raids plus a new map on openworld so every episode after metal part 2 was horrible id say compared to metal part 1 and 2.

So you say people always complain how was it when metal part 1 was out? What did people complain about? And if there was it was definetly less then what we see now they cant satisfy everyone due to small dev team but can do it for most of the players you dont have ANY suggestions and just talk my ideas which are logical down and dont even pay attention to things i do.
  8. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

This DLC is NO NO
    Im waiting on Survival Mode maybe then i would have some fun .
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The only Survival Mode you're getting in 2020 is making it through this pandemic. ;)
    • Like x 3
  10. Engendro from hell New Player

Here is and idea, do a Knightfall dlc, riots on gotham as open world missions ( we have the map), fight in the batcave where Bruce get his back broken by Bane, that can be a alert starting inside Wayne manor (we also have both maps already), use a redressed kandaq map for bruce looking for a cure to his broken back in Europe, that can be a raid with the players clearing the path of enemies followed by an in a wheelchair Bruce Wayne, and then the final climax with a fight with Azrael either in the Manor outside gardens ( they can dressed Arkham as the Manor) or they can show us more caverns underground.
    That will give them enough time to work on another DLC with heavy new maps and content.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

People have complained for a long time that they are tired of going back to Gotham and Metropolis (although to a lesser extent). In Fact were already in the Batcave, with Bane back in Metal part1. I really don't think people want to go back there yet again so soon. And we were also in Gotham for Justice League Dark. Khandaq was last seen in an Alert back during the monthly content era. Unless they add something decidedly different it would just get more complaints about rehashing.

While there are plenty of people that want more Batman content, there are more who are asking for something different. Characters and locations that haven't been seen already.
  12. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Over WiFi? The developers don't have a 50ft ethernet cord? Delay the DLC if the pandemic is the cause. But I see you want to use sympathy instead of logic. What do servers and connections have to do with it? Are you talking about compiling and rendering times? Or game play where they do that on the test server anyway?!! Provide programmers with proper hardware. This was the plan when the pandemic started.
    • Like x 1
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sometimes its really hard to control how far you can see ahead.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all. The feedback here is valid, and people can want different things. We will always strive to update the game so that it is most engaging to as many people as possible, but recognize certain things will be a miss for certain people.

Please don't let that stop you from offering feedback, criticism, complaint, etc. Please also invite others to offer their thoughts even if they are contradictory to yours, too, and discuss where you're coming from. In the discussion and details is where we find the most useful feedback.

The pandemic has been and continues to be a challenge, but it isn't an excuse for anything. We're still here with the goal of making the best game possible.

-----

Pro Tip: If you offer feedback with definitive, broad, vague statements, it's more difficult to come down from there into a constructive discussion about details, and other people will respond with their own summary statements as they challenge your conclusions. But, if you share your experience, primarily how you felt playing, with what you did and why, no one can challenge that.

That information about how you felt playing is also the most valuable to us - the best feedback you can offer is how you felt playing the game. You're an expert in that. Arm-chair game design and simple "should do this and this and this" can lend us insight, but it's usually not existing in reality, or a fix for the wrong problem that won't get to the root of things.

Great feedback:
    "I felt powerless fighting Bad Guy, because I didn't seem to be able take any action to prevent his attacks, and I felt really confused how and when he was spinning me around. I felt like I was mostly running away, not being a hero fighting back."

Usual feedback:
    "Bad Guy is too easy."
    "No, he's fine, just Bad Guy's skull beam should rotate clockwise instead of counter clockwise, and do 17% less damage."
    "You noobs are so bad and your posts are ridiculous. Clearly Bad Guy should not do a skull beam attack at all. It would be way better if he dropped rabid bunnies out of the sky."
    • Like x 18
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Rabid Bunnies orbital, confirmed!

Couldn't resist.

Thank you Mepps for this explanation. If possible, could you or another game dev, give a little update in the dev discussion thread about the feedback is given in there? I know you guys read it, but there are a lot of people who are skeptical and would relieve some concerns about it.
    • Like x 6
  16. Engendro from hell New Player

Did you read my post entirely? I read the forums, I am aware of the batman fatigue, people wanting new stuff, etc.
    That was an idea to give the devs more time to develop NEW content.
    Since the Knightfall storyline exist in the comic lore, and is a very famous one, it will give them the chance to have more time to release new maps, new open world map.
  17. Monkeyboy Committed Player

The only problem is licensing rights under their agreement with DC. That storyline might not be part of it. But I agree with using current content "spiced up", to assist developers with the pitfalls of the pandemic. For example, content rarely played like Kandq or FOS, could be tuned up. Make those bosses drop a catalyst for the OP item. Replay heaven right there!
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

Noooooooooo not the Bunnies...hmmmmmm maybe Easter?? Spring Event lol :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  19. Perdition Committed Player

Now i want bunnies falling from the sky, make it happen!
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The bunnies falling from the sky are too easy, please buff the bunnies, k thanks :D
    • Like x 2