WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Weird how it's "forced" now but wasn't back when Eartha Kitt portrayed the character.
    • Like x 4
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Pfeiffer is second best. Hathaway's was more realistic and translated better on the big screen. Pfeiffer's was more comic-accurate, but not everything comic accurate translates well to movies. In my opinion.

[IMG]
  3. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Agree to disagree.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

The castings are coming in hot and heavy. Paul Dano confirmed to play Riddler in The Batman movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-casts-paul-dano-as-riddler-1248494

All the confirmed cast for the movie are:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

And just for the record, Dano is an incredible actor. He's a bit less known because he often plays supporting roles (a lot). He beats out David Tennant, James McAvoy, and Eddie Redmayne for the role, all who would've been just as good as Dano in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The rock tweeted that production for Black Adam begins July 2020. With Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam
    • Like x 2
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I don't blame him. He has every right to be upset. DC should've given him a chance. That being said, Joker is still my favorite movie of the year and I'm not sure if Jared Leto could have replicated Joaquin Phoenix's performance.
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Given the backlash against his performance in Suicide Squad, I would have been surprised if DC had given him a chance at a standalone film.

But going so far as to appear to be trying to undermine the Phoenix film early on? It just brings to mind the somewhat creepy stunts Sean Young pulled in trying to be cast as Catwoman back in the day.
    • Like x 2
  9. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Rihanna as Poison Ivy? YES! YES!! YES!!! She is not only gorgeous & an awesome person, she kicks ***! Loved her in Battleship!
    I loved the 2004 Catwoman, despite some seriously clunky pacing. Some scenes were perfect; others not so much..

Eartha Kitt absolutely rocked & owned as Catwoman! IF I recall correctly she was the First of the three actresses in the Adam West Batman series.
    I don't get people making too much fuss over race; it's the 21st century. Grow the #### up already...
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    So in some DC news, reports are surfacing that after the recent JOKER film, actor Jared Leto who played a different interpretation of the clown prince of crime in Suicide Squad will not return in either Birds of Prey nor the next Suicide Squad film. And due to some behind the scenes drama with the studio and the pulled antics during production of 1st Suicide Squad film, let's just say the studio isn't losing any sleep
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So the JOKER film didn't exactly spark angry men or right wing incels to riot as it was portrayed by the media, in turn it sparked a different type of protest
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    In some Batman news, in past super hero movies, some directors like Bryan Singer or Josh Trank didn't like their actors to read up on source material, however, director Mat Reeves and actor, Robert Pattinson, went full in. The actor in an interview stated...
    The actor also went on social media to show off his training with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor, Rigan Machado as he begins his training regime
    • Like x 1
  13. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

They've also confirmed Colin Farrel as Penguin, Andy Serkis as Alfred and rumored they're eyeing Matthew Mcconaughey for Two Face. I must say, the age of this cast seems a bit all over the place.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Actually, none of those are confirmed yet, but apparently Farrel and Serkis are into talks with WB to play those roles. McConaughey as 2-Face are just rumors. I also don't expect McConaughey to do larger acting roles for maybe a few years considering he's a professor at UT Austin right now.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

• Like x 4
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

And here we go again but maybe this will be the end of it.:rolleyes:

18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

Julie Newmar first, then Lee Meriwether in the film, then Eartha Kitt. she came on board around about the same time they switched John Astin in for Frank Gorshin as the Riddler. & she was a great Catwoman. they all were. Michelle Pfieffer's my favourite.
    &, yeah, I think Rihanna could make a terrific Poison Ivy. it's all gonna depend on the script. here's hoping.
    • Like x 1
  19. Krytin Active Player

It may not actually be about race. As in the news that superman being casted by the guy in black panther it would be hard for me to swallow. And this is why. In a duel identity role an actor needs to embody both sides of said character. Tom welling did a great job. Micheal keeton sorry if I misspelled a name. Christian bale. These actors were able to show off both sides of the hero. And you could believe it. Now continuing with the possible new superman. Ask yourself what does the average farm boy from Kansas look like big but not a body builder. Fit but not massive. I had a problem with henry covell being superman. He never seemed like Clark and Clark is as important to the story as superman. So if it doesn't fit into the total culture of something it shouldn't be forced. Like a caucasian should never play the role of black panther. That's all. And that movie was done extremely well loved it. Dc keeps forgetting both sides and rush casting .
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Hey Everyone
    I have returned with a scoop on THE BATMAN. With production underway, the big conversation everyone is speculating in is what era the film will take place. Well a source on the production team reveal "Gotham Action News 4" vans were spotted advertising a "HD Live" broadcast which points to the film being set in the mid to late 2000s at the earliest. It's also possible that it could take place in the present day. However, a big reveal that will hearken some animated nostalgia is that it appears the film will have blimps :eek:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1