WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    So nothing specific is known so far about Matt Reeves THE BATMAN, however, a source revealed some info with regards to casting which involves having 6 Batman rogues. Whether it be a rumor or fact, take this with a grain of salt. At first, it was thought that Penguin and Catwoman were to be the main antagonists, however, it seems the Riddler, Two-face, Firefly, and the Mad Hatter will also be in the film :eek:
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

And Bane.. yes shall wait and see
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Which Bane though? The proper Masked Luchador? Or that throat gargler from the Bale Trilogy?
    • Like x 1
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Hopefully, Matt Reeves can handle all these villain well enough in the movie.
    • Like x 1
  5. Batrederik Dedicated Player

:D Who knows.

[IMG]
    :oops:
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was talking about the False Bane, the one who sounds like he is gargling in his throat (and yes, am able to separate the character from the actor)
    • Like x 1
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

let’s hope for the best
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    In some more THE BATMAN news, it seems actress, Vaness Kirby, is being looked at for the role of Selina Kyle aka Catwoman. No formal talks with the studio have taken place but we should hear more casting news soon
    [IMG]
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Anyone know anything about a ten-part Bat-prequel that deals with Alfred before he became the Batler?

It was mentioned on the "Graham Norton Show", butt didn't see them mention what the name of the show was going to be called (they did mention we would finally get to see Martha and Jonathan Kent Thomas Wayne though)
  10. Azreaus Committed Player

I believe it's to be called "Pennyworth" and we should see Bat-Mom and Bat-Dad.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you, they showed a clip of Paloma Faith dancing with Alfie's girlfriend down in a dungeon, only to get beaned by a chamber pot (or maybe it was a jug) and the girlfriend attempt to escape, ends up in a dining rom with people having a meal and shouting for help, only for everyone in the room to be in on her capture, was a lovely little twist :D
  12. Azreaus Committed Player

Yeppers, saw that trailer on the GNS myself and it looked interesting (is it bad I have to keep reminding my self it's called Pennyworth NOT Pennywise? :confused: )
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Here's a heads up on what to expect of Joker.

14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

15. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Surprised no one has posted this yet:

I honestly don't know what to expect from this. I just hope it's good.

Oh and a plus: Ewan McGregor graced us with his presence.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

stahlski would make a great batman.. He looks the part. Handsome playboy millionairre with just the right amount of rugged and dark. and he could do his own stunts...

Super spoilers for Titans season 2:

In other news Titans season 2 debuted. Surprised no one has made any comments. I went in expecting the worst. While I ended up loving the first season I didn't care for the last two episodes. "Titans" is as far removed from what I would want to see in a live action adaptation of the comic book series. somehow these guys make it work. "Trigon" had some flaws but overall the entire episode was awesome. Everyone got to have a moment. The f bombs and the adult language (and gestures) worked and were even funny. the dialogue and chemistry between everyone was spot on. the !@#$ yeah moments were genuine. the scary moments were shocking. the heartfelt moments were indeed heartfelt. I'd be surprised anyone watching the last few minutes being unable to shed a tear...especially if you're a big titans fan.

Hawk, Jason and beast Boy come very close but best quip of the episode goes to Starfire. "Or what Donna? Were you hoping the sheer force of your criticism would save her?".

While Hawk, Dove and Jasons interplay was fun to watch they had little to do in the fight against Trigon. In fact they had nothing. They get together, show up and Trigon pretty much overtakes them (and Donna and Kory) with zero effort. The nightmare sequences were cool and reminiscent of when the Titans confronted Trigon the second time (in the baxter series) but as far as doing anything to help that required Raven to mentally summon them...they were useless.

Beast Boy was the surprise hero of the day and we get to see him change to something other than a tiger. I always thought Potter was a good choice for the role and here he really owns it. This is also the first time I can at least appreciate a raven/Beast Boy relationship. Always felt it awkward in the comics given their history and pasts. In the comics given everything they've gone through together they should feel about each other as siblings.

How these guys pulled off the impossible and got Donna Troy "right" in just a few minutes is how awful I feel for Hawk and Dove. I hate that these two have backstories that are completely changed from the comics. I get going into the whole Lords of Order and Chaos thing would be confusing for the television series especially given they already have one mystic powered storyline in Raven...but they could have done something. Given the shows creators are willing to change things up for the sake of future storylines..we've already experienced some retconning I would love to see the duo get a power up or the power up they seem to be longing for. I don't think itll ever happen and the way things ended after trigon I even suspect we're only going to see these two in flashbacks from here on in.

lain Glen is a very fine actor. He plays a very elegant bruce Wayne but I have to agree he is a very poor choice for a Batman.

Esai Morales on the other hand makes a great, great Deathstroke. I was a little skeptical about them jumping over so much titans lore to get to Rose and Jericho but what I saw showed me enough to just et them do what they want.

All this and nothing on Superboy or Krypto, Aqulad and everything else we know is coming.

I'm already gunning for season 3.

on hbo max.
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I'm with you on the film. Yes there have been photographs and info leaked online every now and then but with massive reshoots from a different driector and the teaser to be shown only in theaters, it's a big if
    • Like x 1
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So some updates that may or may not be troubling but in my opinion, it is.

First, as it was reported, BIRDS OF PREY is currently doing reshoots which is nothing new in the movie industry. Only thing is, it's being reported that Chad Stahelski who worked on Deadpool 2 is overseeing the reshoots involving the storyline because WB was not happy with the end result that director Cathy Yan turned in.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicbook.news/birds-prey-massive-reshoots-remove-pedophilia?amp