WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

In addition, within the rumorville involving THE BATMAN, it seems some iconic Batman characters will be race bended.
    First, actress, Zoe Kravitz is being looked at as Catwoman. Second, pop star, Rihanna, is also being looked for the Poison Ivy role
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Don't so much mind the race-bending as long as the acting's good...I thought Rihanna was OK in Battleship, IMO...

If WB goons this up I'll label it disastrous in a heartbeat. There are quite a few black superheroes in the DDCU they could introduce without the race-bending but I'll be open to ANYTHING as long as the acting's solid.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I might be wrong, but I believe Chad Stahelski is the director of the John Wick franchise as well. So this is exciting news, especially considering the fact that the rumors of the movie's plot were absolutely ridiculous.
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Official cast of the new Suicide Squad movie revealed by director James Gunn today on Twitter. He also tweeted this pic with the caption, "Don't get too attached". So I'm guessing there will be at least a few character deaths in the movie.

[IMG]
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

John Cena's name kind of pops out to me, not because it's right at the top but because it's surprising that he hasn't been in any DC OR Marvel films to date. Between his physique and charisma, I'm almost amazed he hasn't gotten a role before now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I agree, especially considering The Rock has become a huge Hollywood superstar. Although I think the reason is why cause John Cena was in the WWE business for a longer time than the Rock.

I liked him in Bumblebee last year though. Although I couldn't see him. Hopefully I can see him in this movie.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Official poster for Bird of Prey. In theaters February 7, 2020.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Azreaus Committed Player

Seriously? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

oh god im so sorry.
    • Like x 1
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Don't know if there's something wrong but the image doesn't come up so I'm putting it again
    [IMG]

And yeah, this poster is horrible. I don't think this is good
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    So some WB/DC updates that have hit the web. First, director, J.J. Abrams and WB have apparently signed a mega deal where the director will tackle both Superman and Green Lantern films. The only thing hiccup is that it appears Henry Cavill will be recast as Superman or in this case a sort of soft reboot. With Matt Reeves upcoming Batman film which stars Robert Pattinson as Batman and Jeffrey Wright as the new Jim Gordon, it appears some aspects of the DCEU is going to change.
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I think they confused Harley with Delirium.
  13. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Trailer looks a lot better. I'm more interested to see it now. And Ewan McGregor's Black Mask looks interesting.
    • Like x 2
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Trailer looks ok. Everyone looks like they're having fun but this confirms everything that has been revealed up to this point. It's a Harley Quinn movie (aka Margot Robbie vehicle), just with Birds of Prey in the background :rolleyes: .
    • Like x 2
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Saw Joker a few hours ago, so here are my thoughts on it.

It is good, really good but if you don't already know this, it is a full on drama, nothing comic book about it.

This is character driven, real, gritty and disturbing. A heavy look into the mind of a disturbed man who has nothing to stop his fall into full madness. It does have some interesting turns that increases the madness of it all.

This is not a movie that will have you leaving happy or upbeat, it puts some weight on you.

I don't see this as a movie I (or many others) will watch more than once but it is definitely worth seeing.
    • Like x 3
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just saw JOKER and let's just put it out there, it's not a masterpiece but it's a good film. Joaquin's performance was fantastic. Yes it was dark, gritty, and violent but the character study of the Joker or this version of the Joker kept me interested. The media and those not familiar with the character will not get it and go along with the 'controversy' it might bring but this film doesn't inspire violence by the sane or mentally ill, on the contrary, it begs the question "what must it take for someone to get help?" This was a tragic tale that can't help you feel for the Joker; he was an abused child who grew up having mental illness and society not only knew it, but they abandoned him. The story isn't about the justification of violence or murder, but the failures of society.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It seems to be official.

I'm of a mixed opinion on this. I like Zoe and think she will do a good job but it's another ethnic change in a era of forced diversity to fill some kind of quota.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

But... Halle Berry played Catwoman in 2004. Granted that was a bad film but the race of Catwoman isn't really important. Besides, Zoe already voiced Catwoman in the Lego Batman films.

Zoe's a good actress I think, although I haven't seen her in anything besides Crimes of Grindelwald.

Until I see Zoe, Anne Hathaway is still the best Catwoman, in my opinion.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Shn275 Well-Known Player

You misspelled Michelle Pfeiffer there bro.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2