Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Been wanting this hairstyle as an opction since beta. It could add a lot, me personally dont wear much hats or helmets because we coold bald underneath. It could serve for Batgirl style using existing Batman cowls... it can add so much versatility.
    Please Meg add it to the MP (it could use an update, in all honestly) or as extra reward to the Metal II vendor.
    Its the same as the Drowned? If its different I want both lol
    Make it happen please!

(BTW I'm talking about the hair part ONLY, I know we have many Thanagarian helmets available already, but still, female version could had the hair included too)

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Disruptor Well-Known Player

How about the Lev Gleason Dare Devil outfit? He did fall into the Public Domain. A boomerang can be the back style
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

Hey, thanks for the reply. Appreciate you being on the forums so much.

So the battle torn thing.....I don't know how this stuff works, but what if the "glow" on the Enhanced "broken" version was something like a little smoke leaking out of the shoulder pad, or some wires on a gauntlet that are exposed and shooting out some sparks? Maybe the shredded remains of the cape have that "low gravity" physics thing going on that the cloaks of....whatever, have? (too much?)

I like the idea of tying this into the reactive technology and if it's possible that would look amazing, but I gotta be honest; that's gonna put this out of my reach. In this game I am very much middle class and reactive gear is rich kid toys. :oops: So I'm good with just a Enhanced style. But whatever the devs need to do; if I don't get the enjoy it at least other people will.

BSE's idea of using this to update old styles is pretty great too. That gives us the regular and broken version but you guys don't have to put in the work to do both, and it'd be kinda fitting for a busted up suit being something from OG DCUO. It's certainly too late to do it now but it'd make for a cool anniversary gift, like y'all have done with the old Bat, Flash, and Super suits.

(sorry for the long post). Okay, the skins. I'd be perfectly happy with "scars and bandages" and not "bruises and black eyes." No one wants anything *too* gratuitous, and you know what the ESRB allows more than I do. But you guys do plan on updating the skins we've got already too, right?

Thanks much.
    • Like x 1
  4. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I’d very much like to see a Wonder Woman enhanced style... not the Tier 2 “Hera’s Strength”, more so the Ancient Amazon Noble...

Or better yet the original “New 52” styles in the Promethium Lockboxes be replaced with Rebirth styles... or if we have to work for / pay for them, put them in the marketplace where they’re attainable and won’t be sold on the broker throwing out the economy.
    • Like x 1
  5. MisterMayhem New Player

how about you finish the Dr Fate style? we have gloves, we have cape.... how about the Helm of Nabu?
    • Like x 1
  6. OG Brotherhood Demon New Player

Plz put the head of Barbatos in the game i love that style !!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i would like to se a cw green arrow style
  8. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

It looks impressive but I'd rather have something similar, newer with higher quality and more details designed for PCs (Plain shoulder-length neither wavy nor curly sth like WW's).
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Given what happened with Warner Bros. regarding the Batman v. Superman and Supergirl TV Series items that were in the Marketplace all too briefly before WB ordered their immediate removal, it's very highly improbable that we'll ever again see styles directly based on the movies and TV shows.

But thankfully, the actual Green Arrow comic book series did a new costume in recent years that was clearly inspired by the show's sleeveless, more armored costume that debuted a few seasons in, and so that comic book version made its way into DCUO as the High-Density Tactical Style Set:

[IMG]

[IMG]

And that is the closest we're likely to ever get to a costume from ARROW. You can probably make it even a little closer to the show's version by trying different boots, belts, and quivers with it. It was originally available only from Team-Up Time Capsules, but I'm fairly certain all the pieces of the style set are now available from Boo$ter Gold in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, here's even more info. The High-Density Tactical Style Set was based on a DC Comics Green Arrow costume that is itself inspired by the ARROW Season 4 costume:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you can see, to make the game's costume match as closely as possible, you'll need to use a different Foot Style that's a closer match to the boots worn in the show; possibly leave off the Waist Style; and you'll need to use a different Back Style (Quiver) to match the show more closely. And then your character will be instantly recognizable as being Stephen Amell's Green Arrow. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Dolphin's torn skirt, skin (or specifically her hands and feet)
    • Like x 3
  12. michgal89 New Player

How about a doomsday style. I know we already have a doomsday back style but a full on skin and armor type a style. One that can complete another metal knights like Devestator, or doomsday or even doomsday Superman.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jian New Player

Apologies if this suggestion is already posted in the forum however I would like to see one enhanced costume for each power set available for purchase in the Marketplace.

For example, the Earth power set can have an enhanced costume style based on one of the various Geo-Force variant costume with the female version similar to a Terra variant costume. Ice, Fire and other power sets can follow along the same idea.

Each costume should be bundled with the head, shoulder, chest, waist, leg, back, hands and feet at a cost lower than purchasing the bundled packs on the marketplace since it is for one costume style with a male or female variant.

This can give new players direct access to an enhanced style and have a positive impact on time capsule, the broker and content reward vendors to further enhance the purchased style.
    • Like x 2
  14. BSEison Well-Known Player

Is Hawkgirl's updated look from Metal II in the game? if so where do I get it and if not I would lie that.
  15. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

thanks for the info i fact i have a severals time capsules from that i haven't opened yet i am focusing to complete the beyond hightech style to get the feat and sp i almost finish it i need 3 pieces to finish it
    • Like x 1
  16. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

You can buy it from quark vendor the enhanced version is available for style unlocking free after you have it
  17. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i am saving the quarks to get the future crusade cape i have opened a lot of time cpasules and i can't get it . i always get the enhanced versions from the all styles every time that i have opened a time capsule the 75 % of the styles which appear are enhanced
    • Like x 1
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

Her helmet is a collection reward. It's call Top Hawk and is available in the dark multiverse time capsules. If you've got the money for it, you might be able to find the helmet itself on the broker without having to finish the collection.

The emblem was available in an older time capsule (I forget which one) but it should be on the quark vendor and/or the broker (once it's up later today).

Past that, Hawkgirl's specific Metal 2 costume isn't in-game but it's not going to be hard to fake it. The Hawkman style (called Battle Hawk) from the Metal part 2 vendor on Thanagar should do the trick and there's random styles (like the angelic chest piece you can get at like, level 8 or something) that'll get you a solid looking Hawkgirl as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ascended Well-Known Player

People have mentioned this before, and I think it'd be a fine idea.

Everyone loves the iconic styles but we used to get original designs as well and I miss seeing stuff that wasn't obviously taken from the comics. New, unique styles based on powersets could be a lot of fun. Of course, we've got materials and chromas and auras for all that now, plus some accessories and movement styles that match some powers too, so I'm not sure if the devs are going to want to create a dozen new costumes when we can already pull this sort of thing off.

I suppose if they need powerset styles to be Iconic, this could be a good way to do some "smaller" styles for lesser known characters, the way we got Captain Cold and Poison Ivy styles for holiday events.
  20. michgal89 New Player